Windows 10: Question about KB4023057

Discus and support Question about KB4023057 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So KB 4023057 just downloaded for me and i noticed it was done i like 1 minute or less and it did not even require me to restart my PC. I did restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mikey89, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Mikey89 Win User

Question about KB4023057

So KB 4023057 just downloaded for me and i noticed it was done i like 1 minute or less and it did not even require me to restart my PC. I did restart anyway just to be sure though.

I saw this was released back in 2020.

Anyone know why it only showed up now in WU ?

And why did it install so fast ? I mean it took like less than 1 minute and it didn't even ask me to restart for the changes to take effect. I only restarted because that's what i ussually do after every update.

:)

Mikey89, Jan 22, 2021

2. KB4023057 Error 0x80070643

I have Windows 10 (1803) and got this error above when trying to install the update "KB4023057".

None of the "Solutions" or "Suggestions" (uninstalling, stopping services, ISO-image, repair-tool, a.s.o.) helped.

So I tried to download and install it by myself. .. And successfully installed the update.

I took these Steps (maybe, you only need steps 4-6):

1: Download of Patch under the official microsoft update download page "Microsoft Update Catalog"

2: Unpack the downloaded package in a temporary folder.

3: Try to run the unpacked installer "windows10.0-kb4023057-x64.msi" as admin via CMD

-> Error "Cannot write to file "C:\Program Files\rempl\ <blablabla>"

4: Renamed the folder mentioned above to "C:\Program Files\rempl-OLD"

5: Run the setup again.

-> Success

6: Searched for new Updates with the regular Windows-update-function.

-> Success ... Update is no longer shown.

Maybe it is enough for you to only run steps 4-6.

HansMeister1, Jan 22, 2021
  3. How to uninstall KB4023057

On Jan 4 I installed KB4023057. I now wish I hadn't and want to uninstall it. I see it listed in "View update history" but it is not listed under "Uninstall update". Some of the fixes installed on Jan 4 are listed, but not KB4023057. How do I uninstall it other that by restoring from an old backup?

Update:
    I see that KB4023057 is again awaiting download. Odd.

pokeefe0001, Jan 22, 2021
  4. doobydoo Win User

Question about KB4023057

KB4023057 installed as program

I also have Windows 10 1709 : KB4023057 listed in programs and windows update is also trying to install it and failing at 71%
    whatever I do !

" • 2018-07 Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) - Error 0x80070643 "

So I have it already and it's still trying to install it and failing....

Anyone know a sensible course of action to remedy the situation ?

[It is installed twice in programs the second listing is called Windows setup remediations KB4023057]

doobydoo, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Question about KB4023057

1. Question about KB4023057 - Similar Threads - Question KB4023057

2. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  3. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  4. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  6. I have no question. I found a profound error

I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  7. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  8. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  9. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

10. My laptop is having questionable problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is having questionable problems: I have been having a problem in my laptop where it suddenly closes it self off randomly when I am gaming, It is very annoying. When I am playing online, sometimes my laptop turns off and also temporally cuts out the internet from my laptop. And I am not playing such high...
Tags: