Windows 10: Question about KB4090913

Discus and support Question about KB4090913 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, A few days ago I read a post about the update KB4090914 and decided to check out and see if any updates were pending for my system(s). It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scramjet, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Scramjet Win User

Question about KB4090913

Hi All,
    A few days ago I read a post about the update KB4090914 and decided to check out and see if any updates were pending for my system(s). It picked up the KB4090913 and downloaded and installed. After the reboot it flashed a message from the bottom right corner that a restart was required to finish. I went into the update menu and clicked 'check for updates' again and nothing found. I went into the update history and it stated:

2018-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based systems (KB4090913)
    Requires a restart to finish installing.
    Checking the "About" and the system is up to date with 16299.251

The question is:
    Will this affect any other important update for my system?
    Why did this happen to my newest computer build and not to the other systems I have Windows 10 installed on?
    Two of my other systems installed the update successfully and two of my neighbour's also.

Greatly appreciate any advice and also input from any others who have or had this issue and resolved it.

cheers

:)

Scramjet, Mar 8, 2018
  2. Abbaino Win User

usb devices are failing after kb4074588 install

After having blocked the system for further updates I removed KB4074588. Having read the message about KB4090913 I opened the system for updates and it started immediately to install
    KB4090913. Everything went well and the computer works as expected now. So the issue seems to be resolved now.

Abbaino, Mar 8, 2018
  3. beton04f Win User
    KB4089848 - blocked, refuse to install

Ok, we don't understand each the other!

Initially I see that Update blocks on kb4089848 and KB4090913.

But during my trials before comming on answers.microsoft.com, I flush updates and let Windows make new updates.

And so, currently, Windows is stucked on KB4089848 and doesn't tell me again about KB4090913.

Sorry not being clear!

beton04f, Mar 8, 2018
  4. jamis Win User
  5. Scramjet Win User
    I read your post Jamis and I thought you were stuck with installing it. I assumed mine was installed and system updated but I was left with the bug that it wasn't completed. My system is showing 16299.251.
    Did your system update like mine?

Scramjet, Mar 9, 2018
  6. jamis Win User
    My system is at 16299.248. KB4090913 is stuck on a restart to install, but errors out as explained in the other thread. My issue is that KB4090914 was installed automatically without a restart required and then KB4090913 keeps downloading and failing to install. KB4090914 is not removable and as I understand things, was supposed to be a fix for a flawed KB4090913. I'm waiting for MS to fix the problem and am not doing anything (except reporting it) until MS wakes up. I have no other problems with my system.

jamis, Mar 9, 2018
  7. Scramjet Win User
    I thought that was how I read your post. That's why I created a new one because I am only getting the " requires a restart to finish" bug. Out of 5 systems I done this KB4090913 update on, it had to be my main computer that I got this bug. *Sad
    Sorry to hear that you are having those stressful issues with your system *Sad

Scramjet, Mar 9, 2018
  8. jamis Win User

Question about KB4090913

I've even tried to install KB4090914 with the stand alone installer to get KB4090913 from attempting, which downloads it and then states the update is already installed, but KB4090913 continues to download and attempt to install. It's funny, every time Windows Update calls home, another copy of KB4090913 downloads and the counter next to the update increments by one. It's been as high as 6 so far.

jamis, Mar 9, 2018
  9. Scramjet Win User
    That is very weird. I hope you get it resolved without having to do a clean install.

Scramjet, Mar 9, 2018
  10. jamis Win User
    jamis, Mar 12, 2018
  11. Scramjet Win User
    Thank you for the reply Jamis. I already tried that and other suggestions I googled but nothing showed up. I believe my problem is that the update installed but on the restart a file didn't correctly update resulting in the message "requires a restart to finish installing" *Sad
    Nothing back from Feedback Hub yet.

Scramjet, Mar 12, 2018
  12. Scramjet Win User
    I have found the solution to my issue. I posted on the MS Community Forum and got a reply today with a couple of solutions. The one that worked for my issue was the following;

It is also possible that the system’s data store and the download folder got desynchronized, resulting in your Windows Updates not working properly. Let's try clearing the Software Distribution folder where all of the updates are stored. Doing so will force Windows Update to download fresh. There’s nothing vital here. Windows Update will recreate what it needs the next time you run it. Please note that doing this will also result in losing your Update history. Moreover, the next time you run Windows Update, it will result in a longer detection time. First, you'll need to stop the Windows Update related services by following these steps:
    • Right-click on the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following command one after the other and hit Enter:
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop cryptSvcnet stop bits
    net stop msiserver
    Then, follow these steps to empty the Software Distribution folder:

• Launch File Explorer and navigate to: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
    • Delete everything within the folder. Do NOT delete the folder itself.
    • Restart your computer and give Windows Update another try to see if the issue still exists.
    Now, let’s restart the Windows Update related services by typing the following commands one after the other and hitting on Enter in Command Prompt (Admin):
    net start wuauserv
    net start cryptSvc
    net start bits
    net start msiserver
    To close the Command Prompt (Admin), type Exit and hit on Enter. Restart the computer.

My system is bug free and error free so I am a happy camper *Smile
    I hope this will help others who are having this issue.

cheers

Scramjet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Question about KB4090913

1. Question about KB4090913 - Similar Threads - Question KB4090913

2. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  3. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  4. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop is having questionable problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is having questionable problems: I have been having a problem in my laptop where it suddenly closes it self off randomly when I am gaming, It is very annoying. When I am playing online, sometimes my laptop turns off and also temporally cuts out the internet from my laptop. And I am not playing such high...
  6. My laptop is having questionable problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is having questionable problems: I have been having a problem in my laptop where it suddenly closes it self off randomly when I am gaming, It is very annoying. When I am playing online, sometimes my laptop turns off and also temporally cuts out the internet from my laptop. And I am not playing such high...
  7. My laptop is having questionable problems

8. My laptop is having questionable problems

9. Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question: I need help. I am experiencing the windows 10 bug where my user selection at the login screen isn't present. The only account it will bring up is my sons account, which is corrupt. Where it get's sticky is that I can find a way to bring up a login to get into my admin...
  10. Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question

Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question: I need help. I am experiencing the windows 10 bug where my user selection at the login screen isn't present. The only account it will bring up is my sons account, which is corrupt. Where it get's sticky is that I can find a way to bring up a login to get into my admin...
Tags: