Windows 10: Question about kms servers

Discus and support Question about kms servers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I want to activate windows 10 with a kms server key. I found this website that has an explanation and it seems legit but I just want to ask If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/__babygiraffe__, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Question about kms servers

So I want to activate windows 10 with a kms server key. I found this website that has an explanation and it seems legit but I just want to ask If anyone knows if this is legit/ if it works because it is so darned complicated to set up a kms server. Also could this install a virus or something dangerous (just so you know that I wouldn't download anything else other than running those commands) Link for website in question: https://getproductkey.net/free-windows-10-product-key/

submitted by /u/__babygiraffe__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/__babygiraffe__, Jan 15, 2021
  2. w09wrw Win User

KMS - General questions

Hello all,

I have a kms host (Server2012r2) in production currently activating Windows 10 and lower, Server 2012r2 and lower products; as well as Office 2016, 2013 and 2010.

Without getting into the background on my businesses EES agreement with microsoft, I'm wondering if it's possible to activate just workstation products (win 10 and below) while not activating server products on a server kms host. I understand this is possible
    while using a win10 machine as kms host but I'd prefer to continue to use server2012r2 as kms host.

Also, the Office 15, OfficeKMSHostVL_KMS_Host key installed on our kms host is not only activating office 2013 pro plus, it's also activating Visio and Project. Is there a kms host key that will only activate office pro plus rather than activate Visio and
    Project which we do not have an EES agreement for?

Thanks in advance!

w09wrw, Jan 15, 2021
  3. kokodin Win User
    KMS Server role on a desktop, is it even possible?

Ok now we are getting somewhere. i have additional questions though.

1 Whan i log in to volume licencing centre i have no CSVLK listed below any version of office, i have volume licencing tools avalable to download (key mannagment service host) for every version but no mention of CSVLK key for any of them, only MAK keys are listed. Do i have to buy such option from microsoft or do they issue CSVLK key to me if i ask them for free?
    Or perhaps i looking for it in the wrong place?

2 Is the KMS dedicated computer required to be part of a domain network? If not is there any toutorial of how to set up stand alone KMS server, because i can only find domain bound ones (which use remote domain mannagments tools to install kms on workstation but still pull autorisations from the domain controller)
    Activating hosts to a KMS server which is outside a domain is much easier though, it can use simple script with server ip in it so even if i can't auto discover the server it can still be activated via script that is run once or on startup weekly

To be honest i have open licence for the school, so even "3rd party" activation server could possibly work in legal grey zone if we won't exceede number of copies we own.
    At least this is what i was told by the seller in 2014 when we bought office 2013 for another 40 computers. Then again we never did that. We installed office 2010 on all the vista boxes and 2013 on all the win7>>win10 boxes so we kind of had 200 activations for 40 computers total with mak keys, and now we have 100 with 60 keys , quite a different ratio.
    There was also office 2007 molp key so we used that where was no internet or if the computersa were often restored

To be perfectly honest we stand very strong if it goes for sheer number of separate licences for the office, but that MAK activation method is messing us up. i miss molps.
    We have 29 office 2000 pro licences, 20 office xp pro, 40 2007 pro split in two 20 licences packs, 40 for 2013 pro and now 60 for 2019/2016 standard i am getting a bit overwelmed. Even though we only have 130 computers inentire campus including mannagment.

kokodin, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Lmcmncr Win User

Question about kms servers

KMS Activation threshold

I am looking into setting up a KMS server vs using a MAK for a small (<100 clients) offline network of PCs with Win10 and Office 2016. I did a lot of web searching (Bing, obviously) but still have a few questions that I was not able to find answers to that
    I was hoping someone could help with.

1. I know KMS has the 25 PC threshold before it will activate any, but what happens on the 26th activation request? Will the KMS server activate the 26th PC or does the threshold count start over and it will wait for 24 more activation requests?
    2. After a re-image, I read that we can use the same MAK to activate Windows 10 using VAMT if we saved the .cilx file as long as there haven’t been any major hardware changes. Is this possible for Office 2016 as well? I haven’t been able to find any
      documentation on it.
    Thank you!

Lmcmncr, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Question about kms servers

1. Question about kms servers - Similar Threads - Question kms servers

2. Question about kms activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about kms activation: Hello,I had Windows 10 unactivated for a long time and a few days ago I decided to find a way to activate it. I found this video that told me to use this code in cmd prompt:slmgr.vbs /ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-*****slmgr.vbs /skms kms.lotro.ccslmgr.vbs /atoSo I used it and...
  3. Question about kms activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about kms activation: Hello,I had Windows 10 unactivated for a long time and a few days ago I decided to find a way to activate it. I found this video that told me to use this code in cmd prompt:slmgr.vbs /ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-*****slmgr.vbs /skms kms.lotro.ccslmgr.vbs /atoSo I used it and...
  4. Question about kms activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disconnect from KMS server?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disconnect from KMS server?: So i activated windows 10 with a kms server with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GMErc8MBjw and i now want to disconnect from the kms server because i realized how possibly they could steal my data. Does anyone know how to disconnect from it ? submitted by...
  6. [KMS] How to remove kms server/dns records completely.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [KMS] How to remove kms server/dns records completely.: [ATTACH] I recently used kms activation to activate my office, but right now I am willing to remove all the settings and changes which were made to my machine while running that msguides script to activate office,...
  7. Questions about SQL Server Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about SQL Server Updates: Hi, I have some questions about installing updates for SQL Server. I have read from this website. It say SQL Server updates are available through Microsoft Update. Below is the URL....
  8. Question about server domain and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about server domain and Windows 7: What is the difference if I create a folder and share it in my Windows 7 (workstation) and if I do the same thing in my server (domain controller)? I created a folder in my domain controller(windows server) and I gave this folder full control to everyone. After that I log in...
  9. Question about server domain and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about server domain and Windows 7: What is the difference if I create a folder and share it in my Windows 7 (workstation) and if I do the same thing in my server (domain controller)? I created a folder in my domain controller(windows server) and I gave this folder full control to everyone. After that I log in...
  10. Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server

in Windows 10 News
    Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server: [ATTACH] KMS or Key Management Services is usually a Windows Server computer configured to be a KMS host computer by installing the Volume Activation Services role. When an Enterprise uses KMS keys to activate computers, it will need the KMS Host to [...] This post...