Windows 10: Question about lcu folder

Discus and support Question about lcu folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi so i am just looking in folders and files in treesize to delet unsfule or temp files i saw there is lcu folder and should i delete it i saw post i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Absuard, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Absuard Win User

Question about lcu folder

Hi so i am just looking in folders and files in treesize to delet unsfule or temp files i saw there is lcu folder and should i delete it i saw post i can it wont cause anything but let double check with professionals

:)

Absuard, Nov 22, 2021

2. What is LCU / SSU

Oh thanks, is it possible not to use these abbreviations on the website?

Another question in this regard. It states that you have to install the SSU before the LCU, but does the LCU include this SSU, and for the next months will this SSU be valid to install before the next LCU because I have missed it in March or April?

K. Wester-Ebbinghaus, Nov 22, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

I am in a position to test this, having a VM that was yet to get the April 'Patch Tuesday' CU, or the latest optional CU that followed.

Initially LCU held just the one folder....

Question about lcu folder [​IMG]

Installing the 'Patch Tuesday' CU increased that to two...

...and then installing the optional 'D' CU added a third.

But Disk Clean-up's 'Windows Update Clean-up' then removed all but the latest one. So no, it won't grow if you use Disk Clean-up regularly.

4. Bree Win User

LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

This has been discussed before....

How to clean files in C:\Windows\servicing\LCU

...no one in that thread (including me) reported any problems after just deleting the files/folders in the LCU folder.

Thema:

1. Question about lcu folder - Similar Threads - Question lcu folder

2. Rollup Mix Files in LCU Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollup Mix Files in LCU Folder: I can't change LCU folder permission to administrator because it might break windows update and I can't start component cleanup to delete recent rollup mix file in LCU folder because it says its not recommended in command prompt. And I have 2 rollup mix files in LCU folder. I...
  3. LCU Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LCU Folder: 1 Can i delete LCU files inside LCU folder? 2 after windows update becomes up to date, can i delete the LCU files that after windows update created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu-folder/7c4103c8-cb05-48e6-b89b-12928e1db9a2
  4. LCU Folder

LCU Folder: 1 Can i delete LCU files inside LCU folder? 2 after windows update becomes up to date, can i delete the LCU files that after windows update created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu-folder/7c4103c8-cb05-48e6-b89b-12928e1db9a2
  5. Question about lcu folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about lcu folder: Hi so i am just looking in folders and files in treesize to delet unsfule or temp files i saw there is lcu folder and should i delete it i saw post i can it wont cause anything but let double check with professionals...
  6. Question about lcu folder

Question about lcu folder: Hi so i am just looking in folders and files in treesize to delet unsfule or temp files i saw there is lcu folder and should i delete it i saw post i can it wont cause anything but let double check with professionals...
  7. LCU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LCU: Can not remove LCU, how do I remove the DIR and contents of LCU, It is over 1GB, It takes over 1 hour for my virus program to run, I need help !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu/4f7a88c0-3ac8-4e7d-bc71-3bd6220cd0fa
  8. Weird question about folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird question about folders: Ok, so this is going to sound weird but I have tried and did not find info on the internet. I am wondering if it is possible through some extension or whatever to change folder view. Instead of showing all folder content neatly organized I would like to be able to place every...
  9. Questions about appdata and windowsapp folders.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions about appdata and windowsapp folders.: Hello everyone! My SSD is basically full already and its because of these two folders. Windowsapps and Appdata. Can someone help me with them. I was just wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to condense the size or even to move my appdata to another drive? I've looked...
  10. LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?: win10 ver 1909 bld18363.720 Acer e15 core i5 8th gen 256 GB SSD 8GB RAM I came across this directory and am very curious to know - is it accumulated junk? Can I delete and reclaim space? C:/Windows/Servicing/LCU/Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~18362.720.1.0/...