Windows 10: Question About Lights on Updated Comcast Modem

Discus and support Question About Lights on Updated Comcast Modem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I didn't know where to post this question, please excuse me if it's in the wrong forum. I have a windows 10 desktop with Comcast internet service.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bigfoot, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Bigfoot Win User

Question About Lights on Updated Comcast Modem

I didn't know where to post this question, please excuse me if it's in the wrong forum. I have a windows 10 desktop with Comcast internet service.

They sent me a letter awhile back that I needed to update my old modem with their new one. Yesterday I went to their store and connected and activated it, following the instruction booklet. I'm using an ethernet connection to my computer.

Since I installed it, there has been two lights continuously flashing, the 2.4GZ and the 5GZ. I believe on the set up screen I chose the 2.4GZ, as the guy in the store said it didn't matter which one I chose, but generally they use the 2.4.

I posted on the Comcast customer support forum because I really would like to avoid involving a tech if I don't have to. I never got a reply from a Comcast employee, only one from an 'expert' there who said it's nothing to worry about.

I don't think it's okay, because on my old modem no lights were flashing. I don't know much about computers, but I thought someone here could give me their thoughts on this.....thanks.

:)

Bigfoot, Mar 7, 2019

2. Comcast - looking for modem suggestions

I guess Comcast is looking for a way to bill me for more money and they're claiming they haven't been charging me $10 a month for modem rental. $41.95 a month, in my opinion, is already way too much for any kind of internet service. I don't want to start paying $51.95 (plus any other hidden fees, taxes they'll try to slap on).

I don't want to pay them extra money for something so trivial.

So, anyone here that uses Comcast have a modem they use they could suggest? I don't need any router, I've got that covered. I just need to get a modem that'll work with Comcast without them pitching a fit that it's "not compatible" with their network.

neatfeatguy, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Comcast - looking for modem suggestions

What bandwidth do you have / want to be able to support?
    There are several good models out there with price ranges that scale from moderate to high bandwidth.

Divide Overflow, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Sasqui, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Question About Lights on Updated Comcast Modem - Similar Threads - Question Lights Updated

2. Modem activity light blinking continuously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modem activity light blinking continuously: Suddenly the modem / router activity light is blinking continuously even without any network / internet traffic (when the computer is on of course) The Modem / router is an Arris I found this a few days ago in reliability history, anything to do with it? Installation...
  3. Modem activity light blinking continuously

in Windows 10 Support
    Modem activity light blinking continuously: Suddenly the modem / router activity light is blinking continuously even without any network / internet traffic (when the computer is on of course) The Modem / router is an Arris I found this a few days ago in reliability history, anything to do with it? Installation...
  4. Question about 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about 2004 update: I just updated one of my laptops to 2004 and it went fine, but then I noticed in the start menu app list at the bottom, under "Other" there is an app called ms-resource:ProductName. IIRC, it wasn't there before I updated from 1909 to 2004. I read it might go away after more...
  5. Question about update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about update: I am a non- insider and I installed .113 build from uupdump.. I checked for updates to get onto .116 build but I got KB4497936. Did anyone else get this update? Why didn't I get the .116 update? 132936
  6. Question About Lights on Updated Comcast Modem

Question About Lights on Updated Comcast Modem: I didn't know where to post this question, please excuse me if it's in the wrong forum. I have a windows 10 desktop with Comcast internet service. They sent me a letter awhile back that I needed to update my old modem with their new one. Yesterday I went to their store and...
  7. Question about updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about updates: I installed Win 10 Home which is build 10240. After installing some updates, it's still showing v. 10240 while Microsoft has released build 10565. Do I have to do a re-install to get the latest fixes and features? 26756
  8. comcast xb6a modem

comcast xb6a modem: hi all just to ask I just got 2 xb6a comcast modems , the prob i have is my wifi is fast 300.0 down 23.0 up but my wired is 112.0 down and 3.45 up i tried new cables and a other xb6a no change but when i use my old netgear cm600 and a asus rt66u,i know its old , I get...
  9. Modem lights keep blinking but no internet

Modem lights keep blinking but no internet: I am using TP-Link W8968 model since last year. Since last 3-4 days, the internet works fine without any problem but suddenly after few min or hours, internet light and LAN light continuously blinking even I don't surf anything. To find out what is happening in the...
  10. Modem Not Working... Orange Lights?

Modem Not Working... Orange Lights?: Hey all got a question. The internet does not work at my parent's place. They said the netgear modem they have dropped but it was a very short drop. Basically imagine you have a very short table that you put that modem on... but when it falls, its basically very short as the...