Windows 10: Question about Linking Phone to W10 2004

Discus and support Question about Linking Phone to W10 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This morning upon booting up, the log in screen was missing the usual fun fact bullets about the background picture, including the top right selection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Danvideotech2385, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Question about Linking Phone to W10 2004

This morning upon booting up, the log in screen was missing the usual fun fact bullets about the background picture, including the top right selection where you can tell Microsoft if you like this picture or not. I assumed it was patch Tuesday because of the missing things.
    Upon logging in, I didn't see a notification that an update was ready, so I went into the Settings panel, and saw on the top right that I have selections to make to improve my experience (I don't remember the exact wording). This seems to happen once a month, where Windows gives me the option to link my phone by sending me an app link to my phone via text message, along with other options such as making Edge my default browser, and starting a subscription to Office 365 at a discount.
    I'd really like this "improved user experience" thing to go away forever, and for Windows to stop asking me if I want to link my phone.
    Is linking ones phone required by Microsoft, or for that matter is it necessary? I'm tired of the once a month nag to do so. Any help you can provide me on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

submitted by /u/Danvideotech2385
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Danvideotech2385, Dec 1, 2020
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 1, 2020
  3. w10 2004

Non sono riuscito ad installare w10 2004 : Installazione non riuscita su ‎07/‎06/‎2020 - 0x800704c7 Che fare?

luciano.rocchetti48, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Question about Linking Phone to W10 2004

Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Question about Linking Phone to W10 2004

1. Question about Linking Phone to W10 2004 - Similar Threads - Question Linking Phone

2. questions regarding phone link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    questions regarding phone link: phone link on my win 10 desktop is fine but I find that the same app is no longer working on my win 10 laptop. When I tried to reconnect I got a message that it was no longer compatible with that unit.when I tried to set it up on my win 11 laptop, the immediate response was...
  3. questions regarding phone link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    questions regarding phone link: phone link on my win 10 desktop is fine but I find that the same app is no longer working on my win 10 laptop. When I tried to reconnect I got a message that it was no longer compatible with that unit.when I tried to set it up on my win 11 laptop, the immediate response was...
  4. I have a question about the phone link app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question about the phone link app: Hello, I use the phone link app on my HP laptop and an Android phone. When receiving a text to my phone, a small "pop up" "screen" would come out of the right side of my laptop screen showing the text. A week or so ago, that stopped happening. I have not changed anything but...
  5. I have a question about the phone link app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question about the phone link app: Hello, I use the phone link app on my HP laptop and an Android phone. When receiving a text to my phone, a small "pop up" "screen" would come out of the right side of my laptop screen showing the text. A week or so ago, that stopped happening. I have not changed anything but...
  6. Question about 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about 2004 update: I just updated one of my laptops to 2004 and it went fine, but then I noticed in the start menu app list at the bottom, under "Other" there is an app called ms-resource:ProductName. IIRC, it wasn't there before I updated from 1909 to 2004. I read it might go away after more...
  7. Question about reinstalling W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about reinstalling W10: Hi. I have a Lenovo laptop which has come preinstalled with W10. I have connected it to wifi and Windows shows as "activated". However as there are a lot of unwanted preinstalled apps, I was considering reinstalling W10 from scratch using a bootable USB created from...
  8. Questions about W10 upgrade page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about W10 upgrade page: I can't move from 10240 to the next build via WU regardless of what I do (have done many things to try an make it work via windows update, all to no avail) I've reached the point of trying the Windows 10 site https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...load/windows10 to upgrade to...
  9. Question about W10 Image.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about W10 Image.: I usually back up my current system by making an image on another disk. I just did that, and thought I wonder if anyone's tested it for reliability. I mean is it still working as intended in W10 64? 26764
  10. Question About W10 Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question About W10 Flash Drive: I am dual booting W10 and Ubuntu 14.04 on one computer and W7 and Ubuntu 14.04 on a Desktop. I have W10 on a Flash Drive that I made when I updated this Dell 960 small form 64 bit computer from W7 Home to W10 as a test about 8 months ago. I am ready to update my Dell 960...