Windows 10: Question about Linux

Discus and support Question about Linux in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I often heard rumors that Linux is better than Windows, is this true? As far as I know, Most Linux distributions have better security than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wilson T, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Wilson T Win User

Question about Linux

Hi,

I often heard rumors that Linux is better than Windows, is this true?

As far as I know, Most Linux distributions have better security than Windows. Linux may be difficult to use for install apps and for command lines.

Thanks very much

:)

Wilson T, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, Apr 18, 2021
  4. DrPepper Win User

Question about Linux

linux games

Sorry I thought you were asking for a list of games that worked on linux *Eek! Question about Linux :eek:

DrPepper, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Question about Linux

1. Question about Linux - Similar Threads - Question Linux

2. I have a big question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a big question.: Yesterday accidentally I was browsing thru my storage and noticed I only have 40gb left.I decided to delete the temporary files and then clicked downloads,obviously i had a lot of things there and I didn t know it would delete downloads and I also deleted the recycle bin...
  3. Windows 11 and Linux crashes IMMEDIATELY after install - still in start up questions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Linux crashes IMMEDIATELY after install - still in start up questions.: Built a brand new computer:i5 12600kAMD rx 6600ASUS Prime b660 d416gb 3600mhz DDR41tb NVME drive750w PSUThe PC posts fine and gets to BIOS. XMP is enabled.When I tried to install Windows, I got a BSOD every time I booted to the new install. I attempted to use an EndeavorOS...
  4. Windows 11 and Linux crashes IMMEDIATELY after install - still in start up questions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and Linux crashes IMMEDIATELY after install - still in start up questions.: Built a brand new computer:i5 12600kAMD rx 6600ASUS Prime b660 d416gb 3600mhz DDR41tb NVME drive750w PSUThe PC posts fine and gets to BIOS. XMP is enabled.When I tried to install Windows, I got a BSOD every time I booted to the new install. I attempted to use an EndeavorOS...
  5. Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection: Maybe you could help me. I don't know how to configure the network/routing etc to connect to a docker service running in my Hyper-V Linux guest. Here is a brief description of my setup: Windows 10 virt. interface 10.0.0.100 for Hyper-V --> Hyper-V-guest Ubuntu eth0:...
  6. Quick question; Can I install Linux, and after that, install Windows 10 on top of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question; Can I install Linux, and after that, install Windows 10 on top of it?: Yes, I mean wiping of the Linux and using it just in the way. I want to do it because I can't install Windows 10 straight, it has driver issues. submitted by /u/nikoTiittanen [link] [comments]...
  7. Questions about moving back to windows fulltime from a dual boot Windows/Linux setup.

Questions about moving back to windows fulltime from a dual boot Windows/Linux setup.: Finally tired of dealing with linux on my laptop and have some questions about reinstalling windows. In the process of dual booting I moved partitions around and resized other partitions and deleted the reserve partition. I want to go back to a standard windows 10 partition...
  8. [Help] PIN questions from a Linux convert.

[Help] PIN questions from a Linux convert.: Switching from Linux to Windows, and I have some specific questions regarding PINs. I tried to Google but all I found were propaganda articles promising me PIN was better than password. For context, I am exclusively using Windows Home on a personal Desktop with a Microsoft...
  9. Questions about shares in Ubuntu / Linux on Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Questions about shares in Ubuntu / Linux on Windows: I recently brought up Linux on Windows. I chose the Ubuntu distribution. It works well. Really well. Really fast. But there are a few shortcomings. I hope this is the right forum for these questions ... 1. It cannot see remote shares. I mount a laptop share as Z: so I...
  10. Hyper-V - question Linux Guest with RAID arrays

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V - question Linux Guest with RAID arrays: Hi there I'm gradually giving up on VMWare to go to HYPER-V. One issue I have is that if I create a Linux server VM I still want to use existing XFS formatted HDD's on the Guest in RAID arrays. There's around 10 TB of space - and about 3 TB of data. Is the HYPER-V system as...