Windows 10: Question About Logging Into my computer

Discus and support Question About Logging Into my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a work laptop. When I got it, I briefly set it up with a personal account before my IT person took it over to get it set up for work. Whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tnyt341, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Question About Logging Into my computer

I have a work laptop. When I got it, I briefly set it up with a personal account before my IT person took it over to get it set up for work. Whenever I turn on the computer, it prompts me to log into account ABcd (first initial last name). However, every time, I have to click on "Other User" then type in my user name ABcd and password to sign into the domain mycompany. If I just sign in to "my" account, it takes me to the local account which doesn't connect to my company's VPN etc.

My question is - can I make the "mycompany" domain account the default? I have a vague memory that at my old job, it was set up this way but I don't remember how.

I literally never use the existing local account, so I don't even mind deleting the account (if that's even possible), if that would let me default to signing in with the mycompany profile.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Tnyt341
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tnyt341, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Caring1 Win User

New CPU cooler for Ryzen questions and suggestions

Your Ryzen 7 1700X should be close to 4.0GHz anyway, so overclocking is pointless.
    If the computer freezes then there should be an error listed in the crash logs, most likely a clock watchdog timeout, changing the cooler won't fix it.
    I'd suggest leaving the CPU stock and clocking your Ram up a bit.

Caring1, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Computer isnt logging in

Hi Nazuali,

To better understand the issue you're experiencing on your computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using your Microsoft account when signing in to your computer?
    • How did you sign out your computer?
    • Can you also tell us the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to you r reply.

Michelle Vil, Apr 13, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Question About Logging Into my computer

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Question About Logging Into my computer

1. Question About Logging Into my computer - Similar Threads - Question Logging computer

2. questions about my resume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    questions about my resume: How can I get it to my desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/questions-about-my-resume/185fe397-0a59-4a6b-bd63-92c6ca260fc2
  3. questions about my resume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    questions about my resume: How can I get it to my desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/questions-about-my-resume/185fe397-0a59-4a6b-bd63-92c6ca260fc2
  4. Question about saving files to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about saving files to my computer: Hey all, I'm an armature photographer so being able to manage my files is important to me, and for the last couple weeks I have had no issue doing so, but today I was alerted that I was out of OneDrive storage. I do not want to save my files in OneDrive, I would like to...
  5. Several questions about the computer area?

Several questions about the computer area?: -How can I find out the admin password? -I don't know. Do not change it. The pc still has a user account without password -Can I use my leptop to do something with my sister's mobile phone, e.g. that it goes off or has no more Wlan? -Do you know how I write a batch file...
  6. Question about PC log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about PC log in: Hi guys, does anyone know any other ways to check pc log in history on windows 10 other than looking at event viewer (I get an error when checking event viewer, so dosent show info) ? Thanks for any help. submitted by /u/MLcomrade [link] [comments]...
  7. Question about creating a computer.

Question about creating a computer.: I was planning on creating a simple computer that could run Windows 10. I am planning out all of my parts right now and got confused about how it could run Windows 10. I don't have a lot of experience yet, so I appreciate any support. Is there a Windows 10 OS inside one...
  8. Question about stopping Windows 10 Temp Logs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about stopping Windows 10 Temp Logs: Hi all, since nobody answered my previous post about why My C:Windows temp folder fills up all the way non stop, these are some of the files that keep appearing. Application_EA0A3818-DA8B-0000-2E1D-10EA8BDAD501 AppxErrorReport_EA0A3818-DA8B-0000-2E1D-10EA8BDAD501...
  9. question about log applications and service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    question about log applications and service: Hi all i recently checked my logs and found something i have never seen before. I also had a lot of problems with my desktop a while ago and so i want to make sure it's noting to worry about. Because of the writing it looks cryptic but i am not sure and because i can't...
  10. question about log applications and service

question about log applications and service: Hi all i recently checked my logs and found something i have never seen before. I also had a lot of problems with my desktop a while ago and so i want to make sure it's noting to worry about. Because of the writing it looks cryptic but i am not sure and because i can't...