Windows 10: Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

Discus and support Question about Macrium Reflect (free) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Mcd73165, May 17, 2019.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make a full backup image with Macrium then let's say a week later I make a differential backup. If at some point I want to restore the backup, do I just restore the differential backup only or do I have to restore the full (base) backup and then restore the differential backup. I have gone through the Macrium pdf booklet but it's not clear about that unless I missed something.
    Thanks much!
    Mark

:)

Mcd73165, May 17, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Question about Macrium Reflect (free) [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 17, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, May 17, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Thema:

1. Question about Macrium Reflect (free) - Similar Threads - Question Macrium Reflect

2. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I know with Macrium free version you can make 4 differential backups. What's not clear to me is it 4 differential backups per full backup or 4 differential backups total. Thanks in advance for any replies. Mark 140588
  3. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I know with Macrium free version you can make 4 differential backups. What's not clear to me is it 4 differential backups per full backup or 4 differential backups total. Thanks in advance for any replies. Mark 140588
  4. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make a full backup image with Macrium then let's say a week later I make a differential backup. If at some point I want to restore...
  5. Question about Macrium Reflect

Question about Macrium Reflect: Better late than never, but I've finally started using backup/cloning software, namely Macrium Reflect considering all the praise it gets. But I need to ask, is downloading the PE files used for creating a restore USB necessary if I'm just going to be cloning my drive?...
  6. Macrium Reflect Free Questions

Macrium Reflect Free Questions: Recent experience has me thinking of everything that I can possibly do to maintain this system. I do run a batch file backup routine several times a day copying current data to a WD Elements external drive, so I'm covered with having current backups of that. First question:...
  7. Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question

Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question: In Norton Ghost 14, while making backup for my XP, I have to separately backup My Documents Folder and My Picture Folder because it was said that these folders are not included when back up System Drive. Do Macrium also does the same and do not include these folders. I have...
  8. A Question About Macrium Reflect

A Question About Macrium Reflect: Will Macrium take care of it when making the Bootable rescue media on a USB or do I need a third party tool to make partitions and to make it Bootable? I'v got a brand new USB flash Drive that's factory formatted to FAT32. Do I need to make any further prep with it? 97810
  9. Couple of Nooby questions about Macrium Reflect

Couple of Nooby questions about Macrium Reflect: Hello All, Thanks to this site, I am keen to try Macrium Reflect (Free). I intend to back up to an external drive. I will most likely use Windows File History for individual Files / Folders (Photos, videos, documents etc). A couple of basic questions come to mind; 1....
  10. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...