Windows 10: question about mailto links on websites

Discus and support question about mailto links on websites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I click on a mailto link on a website it opens my default mail client which is Outlook but the from address is a email address I won't have in 2... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eaglepi, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Eaglepi Win User

question about mailto links on websites

When I click on a mailto link on a website it opens my default mail client which is Outlook but the from address is a email address I won't have in 2 weeks how do to change that in windows 10. not the client but the default from email address that is already selected when I click in the link that has the mailto code

:)

Eaglepi, Jun 3, 2021

2. Mailto Links

Win 10 Ms Edge (and Chrome) How do I make mailto links in websites point to Gmail?

Currently every time I click a mailto it gives a choice of Gmail or Outlook. I wish it default to Gmail, and if possible not the app but the program.

carrotmuseum, Jun 3, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Mailto: in Browsers not working

Hi, I have installed Pegasus mail, and during the installation, accepted the option to set it as the default mailto client.
    I also set it as the default from an Open with prompt.

I can confirm that clicking on email links opens Pegasus, and that the mailto entry as per my screenshot shows Pegasus.

I installed Pegasus at a custom location (in the same folder as Thunderbird's installation folder).

So there appears to be no fundamental conflict with Win 10.

This might suggest some other issue with yours which is affecting mailto. You mentioned you have noticed some other problems- could you list them or suggest any that could possibly be related?

dalchina, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Mailto: in Browsers not working

Does this help? This bit looks promising...

http://superuser.com/questions/97246...ram-not-listed

Bree, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

1. question about mailto links on websites - Similar Threads - question mailto links

2. Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.: I am brand new to Microsoft windows 11 and I do not know how to use it, I want to ask questions but I keep losing the link after I ask a question, is there anywhere where I can find a link to this place so that I can ask questions....
  3. Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.: I am brand new to Microsoft windows 11 and I do not know how to use it, I want to ask questions but I keep losing the link after I ask a question, is there anywhere where I can find a link to this place so that I can ask questions....
  4. I have a question about the phone link app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question about the phone link app: Hello, I use the phone link app on my HP laptop and an Android phone. When receiving a text to my phone, a small "pop up" "screen" would come out of the right side of my laptop screen showing the text. A week or so ago, that stopped happening. I have not changed anything but...
  5. I have a question about the phone link app

I have a question about the phone link app: Hello, I use the phone link app on my HP laptop and an Android phone. When receiving a text to my phone, a small "pop up" "screen" would come out of the right side of my laptop screen showing the text. A week or so ago, that stopped happening. I have not changed anything but...
  6. A question about microsoft account linked windows license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about microsoft account linked windows license: Hello! I want to install Windows 8.1 on my old laptop but will it use the license from my MS account when i log in? Thanks for the response....
  7. A question about microsoft account linked windows license

A question about microsoft account linked windows license: Hello! I want to install Windows 8.1 on my old laptop but will it use the license from my MS account when i log in? Thanks for the response....
  8. Question about Linking Phone to W10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Linking Phone to W10 2004: This morning upon booting up, the log in screen was missing the usual fun fact bullets about the background picture, including the top right selection where you can tell Microsoft if you like this picture or not. I assumed it was patch Tuesday because of the missing things....
  9. opening a link on a website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opening a link on a website: I'm trying to open a link while on a website and it takes me to the Microsoft Windows update page. My computer is up to date so I don't know what to do! Anyone else had this happen? I need help! Thanks!...
  10. Mailto Links

in Browsers and Email
    Mailto Links: Win 10 Ms Edge (and Chrome) How do I make mailto links in websites point to Gmail? Currently every time I click a mailto it gives a choice of Gmail or Outlook. I wish it default to Gmail, and if possible not the app but the program. 20308