Windows 10: Question about making flashdrive bootable

Discus and support Question about making flashdrive bootable in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; If I make a flash drive a bootable one as a backup option to access an external hard drive that I've created a disk image to, and I want to use that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Delly10, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Delly10 Win User

Question about making flashdrive bootable

If I make a flash drive a bootable one as a backup option to access an external hard drive that I've created a disk image to, and I want to use that flash drive for other things in the meantime while keeping the boot files on there, would it be safe to move all the Macrium boot files into a separate folder so they're out of the way? Or do I have to leave them right where they are in order to work as intended?

:)

Delly10, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Question about making flashdrive bootable

Help with Flashdrive

I need step by step instructions on how to put files from my documents into a flashdrive. Please and thankyou

AmberlynPulver-Klutke, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Question about making flashdrive bootable

1. Question about making flashdrive bootable - Similar Threads - Question making flashdrive

2. How to make recovered drive bootable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make recovered drive bootable: After a recent drive failure/system crash, I restored my C-Drive from an Acronis True Image Home backup, to a new drive. The restore operation completed successfully, however the system does not recognize the new drive as a boot drive. The backup was done as a file backup...
  3. help identify this flashdrive (I believe its a bootable device)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help identify this flashdrive (I believe its a bootable device): I believe someone may have used mediacreator to make this flashdrive a bootable back up but I can't discern more about it (need to know if its windows 10, if so i could use it to finish my virtual machine) [img] 126867
  4. help identify this flashdrive (I believe its a bootable device)

in Windows 10 Support
    help identify this flashdrive (I believe its a bootable device): I believe someone may have used mediacreator to make this flashdrive a bootable back up but I can't discern more about it (need to know if its windows 10, if so i could use it to finish my virtual machine) [img] 126867
  5. Question about making a system image on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about making a system image on an external hard drive: If I make a system image of version 1803 on an external hard drive (using the built in software of Windows 10) and in the future want to make an image of an updated version of Windows 10, can it be made on the same external drive or is there a way to do this? Thanks in...
  6. Make clone disk bootable?

Make clone disk bootable?: My Dell laptop running Windows 10 on 1 TB hard drive wouldn't boot. Fortunately I was using Macrium Reflect 7 Free to make a clone of that hard drive to a USB external 1 TB drive. I wasn't able to get the laptop to boot from the cloned, external drive, so I installed a 500...
  7. make bootable usb

make bootable usb: Hello I cannot make a bootable USB with the media creation tool. It gives error and corrupts the usb so I cannot use it anymore. It's already 3 of them. I have tried 2 USB port in the computer and it is the same. what to do. Thanks...
  8. How to make cloned drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to make cloned drive bootable?: I cloned C drive to G via Macrium Reflect sector by sector but cannot understand why the cloned SSD is not bootable. What commands do I run to enable the mirror G drive to boot just like C?The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10. [img] The G drive needs to say...
  9. How to make SSD bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make SSD bootable: I have an emachine desktop. I bought a Toshiba 1GB SSD that operates through a USB cord. My intention is to clone my emachine hard drive to the SSD portable drive and then plug it into a desktop computer and boot from the portable SSD so I have access to all my programs with...
  10. Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive

Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive: Hi all, Having had a problem using the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive Ive decided to use the Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO and then use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive. After downloading Rufus onto my...