Windows 10: Question about making flashdrive bootable

Discus and support Question about making flashdrive bootable in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; If I make a flash drive a bootable one as a backup option to access an external hard drive that I've created a disk image to, and I want to use that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Delly10, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Delly10 Win User

Question about making flashdrive bootable

If I make a flash drive a bootable one as a backup option to access an external hard drive that I've created a disk image to, and I want to use that flash drive for other things in the meantime while keeping the boot files on there, would it be safe to move all the Macrium boot files into a separate folder so they're out of the way? Or do I have to leave them right where they are in order to work as intended?

:)

Delly10, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Question about making flashdrive bootable

Help with Flashdrive

I need step by step instructions on how to put files from my documents into a flashdrive. Please and thankyou

AmberlynPulver-Klutke, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Question about making flashdrive bootable

1. Question about making flashdrive bootable - Similar Threads - Question making flashdrive

2. Flashdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flashdrive: Lost all text on document, while typing. Unable to reteive from fllash drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashdrive/c1ad865e-f6b3-44ae-896e-5ea23b955f9d
  3. Making a bootable clone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making a bootable clone: I want to clone my c: drive to an external hard drive and then use the external drive as a boot drive. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-bootable-clone/c1231084-ab3e-4156-a3e7-51b2959a3df4
  4. Installing Win10 on new SSD (replacing old HD) - question about making USB flashdrive and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on new SSD (replacing old HD) - question about making USB flashdrive and...: I'll be installing windows 10 on a harddrive (1TB SSD) I'm replacing my old one (1TB 7200rpm) with, on my HP Pavilion laptop (~4 years old). I'd like to have least amount of annoying extra bloatware/adware/extra background processes etc., so the new windows is as clean as...
  5. Placing files on a bootable flashdrive

Placing files on a bootable flashdrive: Can i put other files on my bootable windows 10 flash drive? submitted by /u/Klazikoh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxo4ta/placing_files_on_a_bootable_flashdrive/
  6. Question about bootable image

Question about bootable image: Hey guys, I thought I'd turn here and ask you lovely gurus about this. I used to work in the IT department if a rather large Sandwich shop in Chicago that had done something that I am trying to replicate. Long story short, the way they would setup and distribute the company...
  7. Question about modifying a bootable image / ISO

Question about modifying a bootable image / ISO: Hey guys, I thought I'd turn here and ask you lovely gurus about this. I used to work in the IT department if a rather large Sandwich shop in Chicago that had done something that I am trying to replicate. Long story short, the way they would setup and distribute the company...
  8. help identify this flashdrive (I believe its a bootable device)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help identify this flashdrive (I believe its a bootable device): I believe someone may have used mediacreator to make this flashdrive a bootable back up but I can't discern more about it (need to know if its windows 10, if so i could use it to finish my virtual machine) [img] 126867
  9. help identify this flashdrive (I believe its a bootable device)

in Windows 10 Support
    help identify this flashdrive (I believe its a bootable device): I believe someone may have used mediacreator to make this flashdrive a bootable back up but I can't discern more about it (need to know if its windows 10, if so i could use it to finish my virtual machine) [img] 126867
  10. make bootable usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    make bootable usb: Hello I cannot make a bootable USB with the media creation tool. It gives error and corrupts the usb so I cannot use it anymore. It's already 3 of them. I have tried 2 USB port in the computer and it is the same. what to do. Thanks...