Windows 10: Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

Discus and support Question About Microsoft Edge Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GeorgeRace, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles.

Is there a function in Edge that can provide that kind of a page view of icons that represent where you want to go when you start the browser?

I know that the Add To Start Menu function is very similar, but I don't want to mix web site icons with all of my very nicely arranged program icons, which already has filled the page.

Also I don't see any way to add any of the many popular "extension" files that are so very helpful to overall browser operation. Is that feature going to be added at sometime in the future?

:)

GeorgeRace, Jul 17, 2015

2. Edge Mouse Gesture-> mousegesturesapi.chinacloudsites.cn (What ? Mouse Gestures ? )

We understand that you are having questions with regards to the extensions that are being installed in your
    Microsoft Edge browser. We would suggest that you click on this
    Link
    to learn more about extensions for Microsoft Edge.

Regards.

Freddrick Pal, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Cortana answering questions by opening IE, but I am using Edge.

I only use the Edge browser, but anytime I ask Cortana a question that requires opening a browser to answer, IE is the browser that appears. I need Cortana to open the Edge browser instead to answer those questions.

Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10

HopeBasner, Jul 17, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

Right now ,.,, no. Edge does not have that option.

BunnyJ, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Thanks, I am sure that over time Edge will have a lot of changes, making it more like some of the other browsers.
    It sure is a fast browser, faster than any of the ones that I normally use.
    The pop up advertising windows are a deal killer for me, and there is no way to block them from appearing.
    Also there is no way of changing the search engine to Google, Bing just does not cut it, as far as I am concerned.

GeorgeRace, Jul 17, 2015
  6. cbwilsha Win User
    George, activate Edge and go to Google. Click on More Actions, then Settings and then Advanced Settings. Scroll down to Search in the address bar with, hit the down arrow and click on Add New. Click on Google and click Add as Default.

cbwilsha, Jul 17, 2015
  7. cbwilsha, wow that is great.
    I thought that I had tired that, but must have not been in the right order.

I got some kind of a message saying that it could not be modified!

Thanks again, that is really great,
    George

GeorgeRace, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

1. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Question Microsoft Edge

2. MICROSOFT EDGE Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOFT EDGE Browser: MICROSOFT EDGE Browser want load up. I have tryed loading up from the taskbar, start menu, and MICROSOFT MENU. Can you HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser/aa3896c1-57c7-46ee-a1df-04f2fc0da476
  3. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  4. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Microsoft Edge Browser automatically installed itself on my computer. I do not want this browser, I am happy with my current browser. How can this be uninstalled in its entirety? Thanks again....
  5. Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles: As much as I hate to admit it, the new browser is fantastic. The browser itself is blazingly fast, and synchronisation between different machines is almost instantaneous. That said, something weird is happening. I primarily use two machines (desktop and laptop), and two...
  6. Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser: Hi. I was was wondering if anyone has an opinion on weather it's ok at this time to manually download and install the new Edge Browser or wait until Windows Update pushes the update. I do like the Edge Browser although I use Firefox as my default browser. I have a HP Desktop...
  7. Question About Browser Security

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Browser Security: My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite browser, but after testing the sites other features, a question occurred to me. Are there likely to be any security issues...
  8. I have some questions about microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    I have some questions about microsoft edge: 1) Can you get the avast online security add on? 2) How do you add favorites to the favorites bar? I set a site as a favorite and it didn't get added to the favorites bar 3) Why does it freeze so often? The first time I opened edge I went to tap on a tab and nothing would...
  9. question about Epic privacy browser

in Browsers and Email
    question about Epic privacy browser: HI all so i installed Epic Privacy browser, and i'm wondering if the darn thing installed right i don't see it in programs files folders not even the x86 one, on windows 10 pro does it not install like a typical program?? does it hide itself or something, who all is familiar...
  10. question about Edge browser version

in Windows 10 Support
    question about Edge browser version: Hi *Smile I have Windows 10 Pro for my laptop and found today that the version of my Edge browser is different with my friend's. Edge on my laptop is 20.10240.16384.0 and my friend's is 25.10586.0.0. Both computers are running up to date Windows 10 Pro and both were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mousegesturesapi.chinacloudsites.cn

2. recent question about microsoft browser

3. microsoft edge browser a question