Windows 10: Question about Microsoft Photo App

Discus and support Question about Microsoft Photo App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to help a friend with Microsoft's 'built in' Photo app. When the app is opened, Collections appears at the far left (under the Search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dave Ritter, May 31, 2019.

1. Question about Microsoft Photo App

I'm trying to help a friend with Microsoft's 'built in' Photo app.

When the app is opened, Collections appears at the far left (under the Search Bar), and Folders appear at the far right. Can anyone explain why the items under Collection are not the complete list of photos in the standard Picture Folder? However, all the pictures in the standard Picture Folder do appear under the Folders section.

I can't figure out how to have all my friend's pictures appear under Collections.

The ultimate 'goal' here is to have him be able to open the Photo App, find a picture and email it ... that's it. I know there are other ways (like inserting it into his email program) but he is not computer savvy and wants the easiest way to do this function.

I was able to set it up so he can reach his email account through the app but I can't figure out how to get every picture under the Collections section.

Please help with some resolutions. Thanks.

:)

Dave Ritter, May 31, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 31, 2019
  3. Photo App questions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question ion the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Follow these steps and check if that helps.

• After open the Photos app, click on Settings and under Sources you have options to rename the folder.

• Ensure to install any pending updates and restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 31, 2019
  4. Question about Microsoft Photo App

Microsoft Photo App

To further isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• What email app and account are you using?
    • What are the file formats of the photos?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Dennis Mop, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Question about Microsoft Photo App

1. Question about Microsoft Photo App - Similar Threads - Question Microsoft Photo

2. A question about Microsoft store app icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about Microsoft store app icons.: Hello everyone!Does anyone have any idea how to change the icon of any app from the Microsoft store e.g. Whatsapp? Even making a shortcut on the desktop, changing its icon, and pinning it to the start menu doesn't work - the icon still remains the default.Can someone tell me...
  3. Question about Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Microsoft apps: Do I need to activate my windows to get access to Microsoft applications like Microsoft store? I'm just curious because I don't seem to have it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-microsoft-apps/60f1ef94-f1d2-4d03-81ca-d080e17501e8
  4. Question about Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Microsoft apps: Do I need to activate my windows to get access to Microsoft applications like Microsoft store? I'm just curious because I don't seem to have it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-microsoft-apps/60f1ef94-f1d2-4d03-81ca-d080e17501e8
  5. Question about Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app: I have two questions.1- If I reset Xbox app, does it cause all my games delete?2- If I reset Microsoft Store app, does it cause all my apps and games delete?...
  7. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app: I have two questions.1- If I reset Xbox app, does it cause all my games delete?2- If I reset Microsoft Store app, does it cause all my apps and games delete?...
  8. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app

9. Question about Microsoft Photo

Question about Microsoft Photo: For years, I've been able to click on "import setting" to use a "Delete after importing" function. Now, this option has vanished. Why? And how do I get it back?...
  10. Question About Photos App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question About Photos App: Hello! I’ve been using the Windows 10 Photos app to import photos from my phone since I got my laptop three years ago. It has a lot of very important photos on it, and I’d like to upload them to Google Photos to back them up and make sure I can access them if my laptop ever...