Windows 10: Question about Microsoft Photo App

Discus and support Question about Microsoft Photo App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to help a friend with Microsoft's 'built in' Photo app. When the app is opened, Collections appears at the far left (under the Search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dave Ritter, May 31, 2019.

1. Question about Microsoft Photo App

I'm trying to help a friend with Microsoft's 'built in' Photo app.

When the app is opened, Collections appears at the far left (under the Search Bar), and Folders appear at the far right. Can anyone explain why the items under Collection are not the complete list of photos in the standard Picture Folder? However, all the pictures in the standard Picture Folder do appear under the Folders section.

I can't figure out how to have all my friend's pictures appear under Collections.

The ultimate 'goal' here is to have him be able to open the Photo App, find a picture and email it ... that's it. I know there are other ways (like inserting it into his email program) but he is not computer savvy and wants the easiest way to do this function.

I was able to set it up so he can reach his email account through the app but I can't figure out how to get every picture under the Collections section.

Please help with some resolutions. Thanks.

:)

Dave Ritter, May 31, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 31, 2019
  3. Photo App questions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question ion the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Follow these steps and check if that helps.

• After open the Photos app, click on Settings and under Sources you have options to rename the folder.

• Ensure to install any pending updates and restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 31, 2019
  4. Question about Microsoft Photo App

Microsoft Photo App

To further isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• What email app and account are you using?
    • What are the file formats of the photos?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Dennis Mop, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Question about Microsoft Photo App

1. Question about Microsoft Photo App - Similar Threads - Question Microsoft Photo

2. Photos App question/issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App question/issue: Today, the windows 10 Photos app crashed each time I tried to edit a photo. Online suggestion was to repair and/or reset the App... repair did not help, so I reset the App. now, none of the photos loaded before the reset appear on the Photos screen... Did reset erase the...
  3. Question about Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about Microsoft Accounts: The issue : The Taskbar crashes everyday when the Windoes Shell Experience Host stops working I have tried ALL you can imagine to fix this, even Microsoft tried to fix it and then they replaced my Surface Book 2 because they couldnt make it stop crashing. Nothing worked, I...
  4. Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Photos App: Hello all. Regarding the Microsoft Photos App that comes installed on computers, is the music inside of that App Royalty-free? I've seen this question asked before and the answer is always, I"'ll get back to you." Please get back to me after you check with the...
  5. Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App: I created a favorites album while editing pictures with the Microsoft Photos App (win 10) but can not figure out how to save them in a folder in my picture files in my directory so I can use them in other apps or save to disks....
  6. Microsoft Photo App

Microsoft Photo App: I have been trying to open the microsoft photo app but it opens and is only a black screen before it crashes. ive tried everything uninstalled it using powershell and ccleaner and reinstalling it. it keeps crashing. when i reinstall it on the microsoft store it only shows a...
  7. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Microsoft Edge Browser: I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles. Is there a...
  8. Question about Apps from store.

Question about Apps from store.: If I download and install free App thats not normally with Win 10 Pro 1703 from store to test if I like it, will it install like any other program, and can I easily uninstall it like before with other programs, or will it be difficult to remove cleanly-? 94155
  9. a question about microsoft silverlight

a question about microsoft silverlight: i noticed my pc didnt have this installed. and i just installed it. is it nessesary?*Huh 63280
  10. Questions about imaging: Apps and Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about imaging: Apps and Options: Hey, all! I'm tasked with upgrading our ~800 computers from Windows 7 fleet (a mix of Pro and Enterprise, 32b and 64b versions of each). I like VERY much that I'm going to be able to get everything running on 64b with this deployment, so the sea-change will be complete....