Windows 10: Question about Microsoft To-Do badge notifications

Discus and support Question about Microsoft To-Do badge notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the MS To-Do shortcut on my taskbar, there is a badge notification of "2" in a small blue circle. It's been there for some time, and I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zBernie, Sep 24, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

Question about Microsoft To-Do badge notifications

In the MS To-Do shortcut on my taskbar, there is a badge notification of "2" in a small blue circle. It's been there for some time, and I don't know which To-Do items are causing this notification. Can someone please tell me how to find these 2 items in To-Do and get rid of these badge notifications?

-Thanks

:)

zBernie, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Raysim52 Win User

Microsoft launcher - notification badges numbers are not working on my Verizon LG V30 running Android Oreo

The steps I took to turn on Notification badges agree with what you have suggested and I did turn on
    notification badges in all apps.

The reason I posted this issue on this site is because Microsoft is the developer of this app.

Raysim52, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Raysim52 Win User
    Microsoft launcher - notification badges numbers are not working on my Verizon LG V30 running Android Oreo

LG V30 settings, general, apps & notifications, notifications, icon badges - I selected show with number.

LG V30 settings, general, apps & notifications, apps info, app notification (for each app) - I turned on Icon badge.

Microsoft launcher home screen settings, personalization, notification badges, display number - I selected badge number.

Also in Microsoft launcher home screen settings, personalization, notification badges, Notification badge FAQ - the steps to Enable Notification setting are as follows;

Question about Microsoft To-Do badge notifications 408ebc58-4bf8-4fe1-8b71-fc412da249e1?upload=true.png

The following is the screen shoot for the above on my Verizon LG V30 running Android 8.0 (Oreo). Notice the Notification Badges switch is missing;

Question about Microsoft To-Do badge notifications 73f6b1b1-c6f2-450b-9135-d260c6814542?upload=true.png

I have tried rebooting the phone - notification badge numbers still don't work.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Apps - notification badge numbers still don't work.

Also why does the Microsoft Launcher home screen settings, personalization, notification badges, Notification badge FAQ on the phone show a switch to enable the Notifications Badges but there is no such setting on the phones Microsoft
    Launcher home screen settings?

Thanks

Ray

Raysim52, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Question about Microsoft To-Do badge notifications

Hello Ray,

We appreciate bringing this up. The issue that you are experiencing could be due to application compatibility with the phone's OS, notification badges for the launcher was turned off and other factors. You can turn on the Notification badges on the launcher
    by going to Home screen > Tap and hold the screen until the menu show > Tap
    Launcher Settings > Personalization >
    Notification badges > Under Display
    number, tap Show badge
    number
    . Make sure also to allow all the apps to show the notification badges by selecting
    Notification badges > Apps
    list
    > Turn on all apps.

If the issue persists, you can get in touch with the developer of the app by going to
    Store > Microsoft Launcher >
    Developer

Let us know if you have any questions.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Question about Microsoft To-Do badge notifications

1. Question about Microsoft To-Do badge notifications - Similar Threads - Question Microsoft badge

2. Question about Microsoft changes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Question about Microsoft changes: I just got the Microsoft email about SMS messages being used for email security and that other phone numbers won't be allowed. I don't have a mobile phone; I use a landline. My other email address is an outlook address so I'm not sure I can use it since I'm guessing I'll be...
  3. notification badges not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    notification badges not showing up: whenever i get a notification i always see the app flash orange and it shows up in action centre. ive checked and all apps have show notification banners on but it still wont show. im probably missing something obvious. is there a fix? submitted by /u/Falcongamerabc...
  4. Question about Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Microsoft Defender: Will Microsoft release a mobile version of Microsoft Defender for consumers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/question-about-microsoft-defender/515acd9e-9db4-4cca-a8f1-7c7cf3e5773f
  5. Question about Microsoft Photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Microsoft Photo: For years, I've been able to click on "import setting" to use a "Delete after importing" function. Now, this option has vanished. Why? And how do I get it back?...
  6. Question about the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about the Microsoft Store: A new game called the Outer Worlds will be released next week on only the Epic Store and the Microsoft store. I'm thinking of buying it on the Microsoft store because I don't want to support Epic, but I've heard some concerning things about the Microsoft store and I want to...
  7. Questions about doing Feature Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions about doing Feature Updates: I have Windows 10 Home (version 1803) and have questions about Features Updates. 1) I haven't received the Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 yet. Does that mean it isn't compatible with my PC? I know it had delays. I'm hoping to give it a try in the coming days via...
  8. Question about Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about Microsoft Accounts: The issue : The Taskbar crashes everyday when the Windoes Shell Experience Host stops working I have tried ALL you can imagine to fix this, even Microsoft tried to fix it and then they replaced my Surface Book 2 because they couldnt make it stop crashing. Nothing worked, I...
  9. notification badge appears whenever there is notification but after clicking on the icon no...

in Windows 10 Customization
    notification badge appears whenever there is notification but after clicking on the icon no...: Whenever a notification comes, the notification badge appears. But sometimes when i click on the icon in the system tray ,it doesn't open. No matter how many times i click it the Quick action center(where notification are shown as well as quick access buttons in windows 10)...
  10. a question about microsoft silverlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a question about microsoft silverlight: i noticed my pc didnt have this installed. and i just installed it. is it nessesary?*Huh 63280