Windows 10: Question about my display resolution

Discus and support Question about my display resolution in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The recommended and native resolution for my monitors are 1920 x 1080 one I set my display to that my icons are very small, I did try to upscale and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eaglepi, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Question about my display resolution

The recommended and native resolution for my monitors are 1920 x 1080 one I set my display to that my icons are very small, I did try to upscale and my only choice other than 100% was 125% and that made the icons to big. Is there a way to scale between 100% and 125%? I didn't know if there was some way to set something like 115%? I don't know if that would work well for me either however I'm trying to make it so the desktop is easily readable.

Currently there very small so I might end up changing my resolution to 1680 x 1025 Unless anybody else has any other ideas at upscaling from the 1920 x 1080

:)

Eaglepi, Nov 28, 2018

2. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Question about my display resolution

Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Question about my display resolution

1. Question about my display resolution - Similar Threads - Question display resolution

2. questions about mysqli displaying variables

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    questions about mysqli displaying variables: My project seems simple, update a couple of database tables, one from a little form, print a receipt and echo out the receipt# and other values. The updates work but the values echoed are wrong or absent. Cmon brave souls, tell me what I'm doin rong. <!DOCTYPE html><html>...
  3. Question about Samsung display driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Samsung display driver update: Windows update for several months now has failed to install a Samsung display driver on my Asus laptop. It always fails with the same message: Windows Update Error Encountered A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep...
  4. Some questions about multi-display environments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some questions about multi-display environments: Recently I changed my monitor but, as I had no use for the old one, I decided to start using a multiple screen environment. However, I am new using multiple monitors in Windows 10 and I am facing some problems that I would like to solve. I hope you can help me. First of all,...
  5. Question about custom resolution

Question about custom resolution: I have a laptop with native resolution at 1366x768 native. I set two custom resolutions on Nvidia panel, they are 1600x900 and 1920x1080 to have a better use of the screen space. It works good but the letters get weird/blurry. I understand that it is related with pixel...
  6. display resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display resolution: I cannot change one of my monitor's display resolution to 1920 x 1080 to fit on the screen. That is not a choice that is given and I cannot manually type in that ratio. Every now and then my one monitor does this and there is no rhyme or reason when it reverts back....
  7. question about word display and format

question about word display and format: [ATTACH] Guys, I got a question about the word display and format. As you guys can see, below are the screenshots from two of my laptops showing the same page. I have no idea about the professional term to describe the thing, but intuitively the title part of the bottom...
  8. Display resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display resolution: I just reinstalled Windows10 after replacing the SSD. I have two displays. One is running at the recommended resolution of 1080 x 1920 but the other insists on 1024 x 768. I have tried to change the resolution using the Windows Settings Display page as well as the NVIDIA...
  9. Question about my display resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about my display resolution: The recommended and native resolution for my monitors are 1920 x 1080 one I set my display to that my icons are very small, I did try to upscale and my only choice other than 100% was 125% and that made the icons to big. Is there a way to scale between 100% and 125%? I didn't...
  10. Worried About Changing Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Worried About Changing Display Resolution: Hi, I was taking a look at different display resolutions, and I wanted to see how it looked on my desktop before it automatically reverted back to my previous one, so I minimized it, but it instantly reverted. My worry is that I didn't click the actual revert button, so...