Windows 10: Question About My Win10 Key

Discus and support Question About My Win10 Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I bough my Windows 10 key online a year ago and because of a video I have watched recently I wanted to search the key online to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KaanKale1, Apr 10, 2019.

1. KaanKale1 Win User

Question About My Win10 Key

Hello everyone. I bough my Windows 10 key online a year ago and because of a video I have watched recently I wanted to search the key online to see if there are any results. It turns out someone managed to steal my key to publish it for free on the internet.I want to try Linux for a while and during that time I don't want my key to be taken by someone else. Did the key bind to my microsoft account or bind to my computer? Thanks!

***Post moved by the Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

:)

KaanKale1, Apr 10, 2019
  2. LeoBloom Win User

Built new computer, running unactivated Win10 Home, have Win7 Pro key

I was initially thinking of buying a Win10 Home key, but I realized I still have a Win7 Pro key I purchased that I have never upgraded to Win10 and is not currently in use.

Two questions

• Can I use the Win7 key to activate Win10 (or is that no longer an option)
    • Will Win10 Home turn into Win10 Pro (assuming I can still use key)

LeoBloom, Apr 10, 2019
  3. R-T-B Win User
    A question for Win10 users.

It doesn't. It simply adds you to a hardware activated whitelist with a generic key. Your Windows 7 key will still work.

EDIT: That poll... I'm not beautiful. I'm a fat guy. Seriously people. I sit in an armchair all day and play videogames. I am the anti-beauty.

R-T-B, Apr 10, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Question About My Win10 Key - Similar Threads - Question Win10 Key

2. question about keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about keys.: Normally I have the function keys f6,f7,f7 to control volume but for some reason now they simply don't work, I never used to need to hold down the fn key and when I do it still doesn't work. The keys themselves are still functional. It just seems as though they do different...
  3. question about keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about keys.: Normally I have the function keys f6,f7,f7 to control volume but for some reason now they simply don't work, I never used to need to hold down the fn key and when I do it still doesn't work. The keys themselves are still functional. It just seems as though they do different...
  4. Question about activation keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about activation keys: Im about to finish buliding my first pc, and i was looking for a cheaper method of getting the keys (i don't want to pay 100$+) where should i get cheap keys from? And are those websites trusted and safe? Or is there a way to get free keys? submitted by /u/hot_dwag [link]...
  5. Question about a product key

Question about a product key: So this random guy that I have never met before but have spoken to a small handful of times randomly gave me a Windows 10 Pro key as well as Enterprise for as he put it, an early Christmas present . The guy says he works with computers and stuff and cited this as to how he...
  6. Question about win10 license

Question about win10 license: Hello. I just bought myself a copy of Win10 Home. Shortly after I was told that it was a waste of money because Windows 10 is free. I can see that on Microsoft's site there's a download for it, but is it something you still need to purchase a key for to activate? I am a...
  7. A Question About My Install Key

A Question About My Install Key: over the past, lets say, 6 years I've had my windows install on a Hard drive and I've finally splurged on an M.2 ssd. My Pc is a cyber powered pre-built, but the windows install key didn't come pre linked to the computer. What I mean by this is that the key is printed on a...
  8. Question about win10 security features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about win10 security features: Cheers! A simple question: Provided I have a PIN set during the setup of my win10 OS on my desktop, is there ever a situation where the OS requires me to type in my Microsoft account password also created during setup as the OS demanded it. If there is such a case, is there...
  9. Question about my new Win10 system

Question about my new Win10 system: Good day for you all. I just got a new Dell Inspiron 5490 laptop, I was so excited so I downloaded couple of apps that I needed to start with. One of those programs was Avira, after I installed it I found out that the my Win10 came with Mcafee installed. The question is: is...
  10. Question About Free Upgrade To Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Question About Free Upgrade To Win10: I am confused about the one year free upgrade. Is it free as in upgrade for a year and it is yours to have forever? Or is it free for one year and then you have to pay even though you already upgraded? 5215