Windows 10: Question about Office Sign In

Discus and support Question about Office Sign In in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using a local account on my PC. If I signed in to Microsoft Office, would my local account become a Microsoft one? Would I be signed in to other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/win10_throwaway45, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Question about Office Sign In

I'm using a local account on my PC. If I signed in to Microsoft Office, would my local account become a Microsoft one? Would I be signed in to other services (like OneDrive), or would I only be signed in to Office? I'm hoping for the latter.

submitted by /u/win10_throwaway45
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/win10_throwaway45, Nov 26, 2019

2. Office 365 on Continuum

The following steps worked for me (don't ask me how or why Question about Office Sign In :( ):

• Click any office app on windows phone.
    • In the screen, it shows New, Browse & recent files. It also shows my name/account at the top-right.
    • Clicking on you name/account at top-right shows 2 accounts associated with this application.
      • Personal Account
      • Official Account
    • Clicking on any of these accounts, only gives an option to sign-out.
    • Since Microsoft Support technical team suggested that I reset my device. I did not want to reinstall all the apps, take backups & then reconfigure all of these again after the reset, unless it was the only option left.
    • With no better option, I clicked sign-out on both the accounts listed in step 4 above. I then signed in with my official account. I was able to create new Office documents now.
    • I logged-in to my other personal account also now. My office app still worked & allows me to access onedrive associated with both my personal & business accounts.

I was facing the same issues & even had multiple calls with Microsoft Support & waiting for a resolution.

Going through the above thread, I realized that multiple Microsoft accounts (personal & office) are associated with these apps. When I signed out of both these accounts from within the app & signed back in, I was able to edit using the office apps.

Hope this helps!

Arvind-Tiwari, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Question about Office Sign In

Thema:

Question about Office Sign In

1. Question about Office Sign In - Similar Threads - Question Office Sign

2. A question about signing out of a user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A question about signing out of a user: So this may seem like a dumb question, but does signing out of a user remove that user’s name from the login screen? Normally I have two users available on my login screen and after selecting one I just have to enter the password. However, one has disappeared and I was...
  3. Question about renewing a office 365 account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about renewing a office 365 account: Need to talk to a support agent about changing office 365 account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-renewing-a-office-365-account/4436cbd4-ac01-4c25-af98-c5da3157acd4
  4. Question about renewing a office 365 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about renewing a office 365 account: Need to talk to a support agent about changing office 365 account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-renewing-a-office-365-account/4436cbd4-ac01-4c25-af98-c5da3157acd4
  5. Question about renewing a office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Question about microsoft office

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question about microsoft office: How can I stop the Microsoft Office 365 from my Laptop? I bought it a few months ago, but I am not going to use it for the next three. So, does anyone know how can I stop it from running? Maybe not completely, but just for three months? Is that possible?...
  7. Getting started on new laptop- Questions about signing in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting started on new laptop- Questions about signing in: New laptop I have a new laptop and Idon’t want to bring anything over from the old laptop. Just as if it wasnever there. Iwant to use Firefox. The first screen shows thedate and time against a picture; tap it >> the next screen Home page?shows my name and wants a password...
  8. Question about Office 2019 and one user?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Question about Office 2019 and one user?: I have a PC and a laptop, they are both used by me only. Can I install the software Office 2019 to both of them? In the future, if I upgrade my PC, does it lock to my older hardware and I'll need to purchase the Office again? 139735
  9. Question about Office 365 and Office 2019

Question about Office 365 and Office 2019: Hi I haven't used Office for decades but in this summer I 'd probably purchase Office 2019 because of local summer deals I'd like to know. Could Office 2019 synchronize files to One Drive cloud? Another question is - If it could, and I use the Office on public PC or PC of...
  10. Upgrading from Office standalone to 365 - question about settings

Upgrading from Office standalone to 365 - question about settings: First I uninstalled my current standalone version of Office (2016), then I installed 365. This all went flawlessly. Was happy to see that, when launching various Office applications, all the settings were 'adopted' and in fact I could continue without having to change...