Windows 10: Question about old login after Windows Upgrade

Discus and support Question about old login after Windows Upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I installed Windows 11 onto a new SSD. I have the files and access to the old drive where the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brian Salami, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Question about old login after Windows Upgrade

I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I installed Windows 11 onto a new SSD. I have the files and access to the old drive where the old Windows 10 is stored. I can no longer boot that old drive with Windows 10, though. I forget the old email I used to sign in to Windows 10 with, it was my name and some random numbers after it. Is there any way I can find my old email name through the old drive's files? Having access to that email would make it much easier to integrate to the new Windows 11. Thank you much in advance.

:)

Brian Salami, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 20, 2023
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Question about old login after Windows Upgrade

How to reset your old Windows Password?

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

1. Is the issue particular to the Find My Device App?

2. Are you using the same account for user account login and the app login?

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Please provide requested information for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Question about old login after Windows Upgrade

1. Question about old login after Windows Upgrade - Similar Threads - Question old login

2. Question about old login after Windows Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about old login after Windows Upgrade: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I installed Windows 11 onto a new SSD. I have the files and access to the old drive where the old Windows 10 is stored. I can no longer boot that old drive with Windows 10, though. I forget the old email I used to sign in to...
  3. question about upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about upgrade.: If my newly bought computer is not capable to Windows 11, can I go ahead and use the ISO or update assistant? just like in OS 10 before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-upgrade/e5d89736-7ce2-469e-8042-e1aac8ce316d
  4. question about upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about upgrade.: If my newly bought computer is not capable to Windows 11, can I go ahead and use the ISO or update assistant? just like in OS 10 before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-upgrade/e5d89736-7ce2-469e-8042-e1aac8ce316d
  5. Question about auto login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about auto login: Hi! I got 3 user accounts on my Windows10 desktop. 1 admin and 2 standart users. Is it possible to make windows auto login to my account (standart user with password) but still stay on login screen and require password to reach the desktop? submitted by /u/Erfid [link]...
  6. Question about login order in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about login order in Windows 10: Just got a new laptop with windows 10 pre-installed. When I boot up, Windows always tries to use the disabled Administrator user to sign in first, then tells me it is disabled and proceeds to my user, which has admin privileges. I understand how to enable the hidden admin...
  7. Questions about upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about upgrading to windows 10: Hello. I have recently heard about the windows 10 free upgrade for win7 and 8.1 genuine users. I have a few questions about that upgrade. 1. I don't have any version of windows installed on my computer, so, if I want to get the new windows 10 when it comes out, is there...
  8. Question about upgraded license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about upgraded license: My laptop is running 10 home, upgraded from 8.1 core. I have a retail license for Windows 10 Pro. Will installing Windows 10 Pro affect my eligibility to clean install Windows 10 Home (based on my upgrade from OEM 8.1 Core) in case I want to sell my laptop and use my retail...
  9. Question about after an upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about after an upgrade: Hi, after upgrading 8.1 to win 10 Home, i have a "Windows.old" directory. can i safely delete it seeing as i have no plans of downgrading it back to 8.1. Thank You in advance if you answer *Smile 45487
  10. Question about old programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about old programs.: Hi! I'm a little confused, just started using Win10. I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been saving some files from there but just when I need to do some serious cleaning with, say, CCleaner, it just analyzes my notebook...