Question about old programs.

Discus and support Question about old programs. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi! I'm a little confused, just started using Win10. I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeoUF, Jul 30, 2015.

1. LeoUF Win User

Hi!
    I'm a little confused, just started using Win10.

I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been saving some files from there but just when I need to do some serious cleaning with, say, CCleaner, it just analyzes my notebook from AFTER the upgrade, not considering what was installed before.

How do I fix this?

I forgot to add, I'm not talking about the Old Windows Instalation checkbox in the Cleaner tag, I'm talking about the installed programs in the Tool tag.

:)

LeoUF, Jul 30, 2015
  2. JarnoM86 Win User

question about programs & games about Windows 10

sounds great, thanks :)

JarnoM86, Jul 30, 2015
  3. JarnoM86 Win User
    question about programs & games about Windows 10

After i upgrade to Windows 10. Do i have to reinstall games n programs i frequently use?

Or will they be functioning normally in Windows 10 as well?

I tried to look for answer for this but i'm not entirely sure if 'applications' qualify as an answer i'm seeking.

JarnoM86, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Question about old programs.

Question about old programs. - Similar Threads - Question old programs

1. Replacing old HD with SSD - product key question

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing old HD with SSD - product key question: The hard drive in my laptop is dying. I am upgrading to an SSD this weekend. I have a couple of hopefully quick questions. My laptop originally came with Windows 8.1. As soon as I was able to I did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I really do not want to purchase a copy of...
  2. Question about transfering old user profile to new.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about transfering old user profile to new.: Before I make a mess of things, I thought I had better ask. This all started because I like to use Internet Explorer. It simply would not load. I believe I tried every fix on the web. One of the suggestions was to create a new User Profile. I did that and now Internet...
  3. Old Software On New PC Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Old Software On New PC Question: Hello, Just bought a new Dell desktop PC running W10. My old one, also a Dell, was running W7. I have some Dell disks from the old one that Dell supplied with it as a sort of backup. I would like to use this CD which has the full Corel suite on it, presumably, which...
  4. Old Windows files after installing Win10 Question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Old Windows files after installing Win10 Question.: Has anyone deleted the old Windows program files,after installing Win10? 17973
  5. Selling old build, question on sending it without a drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Selling old build, question on sending it without a drive: Hello all, Selling an old build to a friend of mine. I'm keeping my drives, he's getting everything else. Is there anything I need to do outside of unplugging the drives and sending the computer on it's way? I intend to wipe the SSD which has my OS on it currently...
  6. Question regarding installation of W10 on a new PC with old drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding installation of W10 on a new PC with old drive: Hello, I tried to read up on this topic but there is quite a bit of contradicting information, so I thought I'd better ask myself. So excuse me, I bet there have been threads like mine before but for every answer I read, there was another one stating the opposite. The...
  7. Question on Windows Old using Build 10525

in Windows 10 Support
    Question on Windows Old using Build 10525: I was wondering if it would be OK to remove Windows Old in this build? I can always go back to the RTM with MR. 17547
Question about old programs. solved