Windows 10: Question about old programs.

Discus and support Question about old programs. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I'm a little confused, just started using Win10. I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeoUF, Jul 29, 2015.

1. LeoUF Win User

Question about old programs.

Hi!
    I'm a little confused, just started using Win10.

I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been saving some files from there but just when I need to do some serious cleaning with, say, CCleaner, it just analyzes my notebook from AFTER the upgrade, not considering what was installed before.

How do I fix this?

I forgot to add, I'm not talking about the Old Windows Instalation checkbox in the Cleaner tag, I'm talking about the installed programs in the Tool tag.

:)

LeoUF, Jul 29, 2015
  2. JarnoM86 Win User

question about programs & games about Windows 10

sounds great, thanks Question about old programs. :)

JarnoM86, Jul 29, 2015
  3. JarnoM86 Win User
    question about programs & games about Windows 10

After i upgrade to Windows 10. Do i have to reinstall games n programs i frequently use?

Or will they be functioning normally in Windows 10 as well?

I tried to look for answer for this but i'm not entirely sure if 'applications' qualify as an answer i'm seeking.

JarnoM86, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Question about old programs.

1. Question about old programs. - Similar Threads - Question old programs

2. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  3. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  4. Question about program icons in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about program icons in Win11: On my Win11 PC I have 2 users which use the same programs. Both have the same programs pinned to a taskbar. One user sees the correct icons pinned to a taskbar, the other one sees the same generic icon pinned a taskbar which represent different program. For example the second...
  5. Question about program icons in Win11

Question about program icons in Win11: On my Win11 PC I have 2 users which use the same programs. Both have the same programs pinned to a taskbar. One user sees the correct icons pinned to a taskbar, the other one sees the same generic icon pinned a taskbar which represent different program. For example the second...
  6. Question about a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about a program: I was looking through microsoft and different things about a pc and I came across a program called Winaero. Do any of you know if that is a safe and legit program to download and use? Thanks in advance...
  7. question about a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about a program: Does anyone know for sure if i am using vpn or proxy servers on one computer and not the other could a 3rd party know they were linked because of this app. i was playing a game and igot banned for using an autoclicker so i played by hand and gotbanned again turns out they ban...
  8. Question about a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about a program: I just want to know if www.ammyy.com is reliable or not when transferring data from one computer to another and keep a copy of the files at the company that manufactured the software...
  9. Question about transfering old user profile to new.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about transfering old user profile to new.: Before I make a mess of things, I thought I had better ask. This all started because I like to use Internet Explorer. It simply would not load. I believe I tried every fix on the web. One of the suggestions was to create a new User Profile. I did that and now Internet...
  10. Question about starting a program as a windows service

Question about starting a program as a windows service: I hope someone can help. I created a windows service to start speedfan when Windows starts and it works fine except there is no tray icon after it starts. Does anyone know how to get the tray icon to show when it starts. I did go to the obvious place in taskbar settings. That...