Windows 10: Question about old programs.

Discus and support Question about old programs. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I'm a little confused, just started using Win10. I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeoUF, Jul 29, 2015.

1. LeoUF Win User

Question about old programs.

Hi!
    I'm a little confused, just started using Win10.

I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been saving some files from there but just when I need to do some serious cleaning with, say, CCleaner, it just analyzes my notebook from AFTER the upgrade, not considering what was installed before.

How do I fix this?

I forgot to add, I'm not talking about the Old Windows Instalation checkbox in the Cleaner tag, I'm talking about the installed programs in the Tool tag.

:)

LeoUF, Jul 29, 2015
  2. JarnoM86 Win User

question about programs & games about Windows 10

sounds great, thanks Question about old programs. :)

JarnoM86, Jul 29, 2015
  3. JarnoM86 Win User
    question about programs & games about Windows 10

After i upgrade to Windows 10. Do i have to reinstall games n programs i frequently use?

Or will they be functioning normally in Windows 10 as well?

I tried to look for answer for this but i'm not entirely sure if 'applications' qualify as an answer i'm seeking.

JarnoM86, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Question about old programs.

1. Question about old programs. - Similar Threads - Question old programs

2. A question about passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A question about passwords: Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install. Passwords Correct me if I am wrong, but we are supposed to have a password for every site we use. We are not supposed to write those passwords...
  3. Question about an icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about an icon: You know that little Windows Defender Icon in the right hand corner of your toolbar? Mine keeps having that little yellow triangle next it it that says "Actions Recommended" rather than the green window to indicate everything is OK. Yet when I click on it everything seems to...
  4. A question about security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about security: So, first of all sorry for asking this question again but. Recently I upgraded to the Fall update for Windows 10, and ditched Avast as I feel it used to be a great software but not anymore sadly. So the main question is, if you guys could suggest a software that is good...
  5. Question About downloads.cnet.com

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question About downloads.cnet.com: Some time ago I stopped trusting downloads.cnet.com because of the first 3 programs I downloaded from them, two of them triggered alerts from ESET Antivirus when I launched the installers. More recently I decided to try them again as a last resort, and ESET blocked the last 3...
  6. Question about transfering old user profile to new.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about transfering old user profile to new.: Before I make a mess of things, I thought I had better ask. This all started because I like to use Internet Explorer. It simply would not load. I believe I tried every fix on the web. One of the suggestions was to create a new User Profile. I did that and now Internet...
  7. Question about outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Question about outlook: Hello. I am trying to access outlook.com and I receive an error at my two pcs. I did a clean install, I updated to creators update, nothing changed so far. Why is happening that and how to solve it? I noticed the problem since the new outlook.com theme. thnx in advance for...
  8. Question about imaging

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about imaging: Admittedly I am very lax on doing an image. I did a macrium one prob over a year ago and it took a long time to do my c: (SSD 400 gigs) and f: drive (mechanical HD 2 TB). Lack of spare time stops me doing it. My question is would you guys bother imaging your secondary drive....
  9. Question about starting a program as a windows service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about starting a program as a windows service: I hope someone can help. I created a windows service to start speedfan when Windows starts and it works fine except there is no tray icon after it starts. Does anyone know how to get the tray icon to show when it starts. I did go to the obvious place in taskbar settings. That...
  10. Question about a System.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about a System.exe: I noticed today listed in "Startup" (in Task Manager) a System.exe that to be honest i am not sure if it was there before. I checked it and is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup I let me disable it, but no rename it...