Question about old programs.

Discus and support Question about old programs. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I'm a little confused, just started using Win10. I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeoUF, Jul 29, 2015.

1. LeoUF Win User

Hi!
    I'm a little confused, just started using Win10.

I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been saving some files from there but just when I need to do some serious cleaning with, say, CCleaner, it just analyzes my notebook from AFTER the upgrade, not considering what was installed before.

How do I fix this?

I forgot to add, I'm not talking about the Old Windows Instalation checkbox in the Cleaner tag, I'm talking about the installed programs in the Tool tag.

:)

LeoUF, Jul 29, 2015
  2. JarnoM86 Win User

question about programs & games about Windows 10

sounds great, thanks Question about old programs. :)

JarnoM86, Jul 29, 2015
  3. JarnoM86 Win User
    question about programs & games about Windows 10

After i upgrade to Windows 10. Do i have to reinstall games n programs i frequently use?

Or will they be functioning normally in Windows 10 as well?

I tried to look for answer for this but i'm not entirely sure if 'applications' qualify as an answer i'm seeking.

JarnoM86, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Question about old programs. - Similar Threads - Question old programs

2. Program or background process popup keeps appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program or background process popup keeps appearing: For days I've been getting this popup window on my Windows 10 Build 1803 computer: "The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information to a developer?" It occurs intermittently, often every 5-10 minutes, and is EXTREMELY annoying. When...
  3. Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info): Microsoft account issues I do not have access to any of the old info .. that IP is closed and not accessible any longer....
  4. danger in transfering whole user directory from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    danger in transfering whole user directory from old PC to new PC: Are there any problems if I copy and paste the entire user directory from an old WIN 10 system to a new Win 10 system - different hardware...
  5. about dell support assist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    about dell support assist: my pc dell vostro 14 3468 del support assit is no opening it showing not responding after I updated my windos 10 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/about-dell-support-assist/4d60aa9c-0ce8-4b30-9c20-17ad95c8185a
  6. Language in Start menu program list

Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  7. question is related to cmd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    question is related to cmd: many external commands are not running on my cmd. it says that " 'chkdsk' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."...
  8. Re-using my Windows 10 license on a new build PC after my old hardware died.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-using my Windows 10 license on a new build PC after my old hardware died.: Hi My old laptop died and I want to use the licence I had on there on a new-build PC. The laptop is registered in my Microsoft account, but I don't have the keys anymore - can I re-use the license?...
  9. looking for previous question

looking for previous question: fsdafsd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/looking-for-previous-question/60c54f59-2400-43ee-b0ab-158dced02c67
  10. how do i get out of the miscrosoft insider program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i get out of the miscrosoft insider program: how do i get out of the miscrosoft insider program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-get-out-of-the-miscrosoft-insider-program/4ac17cd4-245d-453c-9fdc-f4ee54f1d85c