Windows 10: Question about One Drive access from two computers

Discus and support Question about One Drive access from two computers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I looked through the Tutorials and could not find this question/setup.... I moved a bunch of files/folders to One Drive from my computer "A". They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CountryBumkin, May 11, 2019.

1. Question about One Drive access from two computers

I looked through the Tutorials and could not find this question/setup....

I moved a bunch of files/folders to One Drive from my computer "A". They show up in the windows File Explorer and are easy to access. I want to be able to access these same files/folders from Computer "B".

One Computer B, when I look at the One Drive folders via File Explorer I can see one folder that is the same on Computer A and B, but then there are two folders that are on One Drive but not see by Computer A.

So I can created a link to One Drive to access these files/folders (and then access through Internet explorer browser.

But I want to access theses files from the File Explorer too.
    I am the administrator on both computers and use the login password.

Is there a way to have both computers access and share these One Drive files from the File Explorer view? I would like computer A and B to have the same files/folders and access.

:)

CountryBumkin, May 11, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, May 11, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Sher Amo Win User

Question about One Drive access from two computers

D Drive has a Question Mark, can't access it, everything is gone!

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you cannot access D drive is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to ask the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What is the error message that you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Question about One Drive access from two computers

1. Question about One Drive access from two computers - Similar Threads - Question Drive access

2. Questions about two laptops using one Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions about two laptops using one Microsoft account...: When we purchased a computer for my son, it asked for us to sign into a Microsoft account. I didn't think he needed one, so I signed into mine. We were surprised when it had the same picture on his desktop that I had on mine, but figured it was just a sync feature since he...
  3. Questions about two laptops using one Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions about two laptops using one Microsoft account...: When we purchased a computer for my son, it asked for us to sign into a Microsoft account. I didn't think he needed one, so I signed into mine. We were surprised when it had the same picture on his desktop that I had on mine, but figured it was just a sync feature since he...
  4. Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.: So I was going to buy a new computer, and was wondering if I could simply take the hard drive out of my current one and put it into the new one and keep all the files on it. And no the hard drive doesn't have the OS on it, just game files....
  5. Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.

Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.: So I was going to buy a new computer, and was wondering if I could simply take the hard drive out of my current one and put it into the new one and keep all the files on it. And no the hard drive doesn't have the OS on it, just game files....
  6. One Drive Across Two computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Across Two computers: My wife's laptop and my laptop now show all folders on both computers together. My files and her files are conjoined into one place on file explorer This is not what we want. We want each laptop to have only the files and documents associated with that computer. How do we...
  7. One Drive Across Two computers

One Drive Across Two computers: My wife's laptop and my laptop now show all folders on both computers together. My files and her files are conjoined into one place on file explorer This is not what we want. We want each laptop to have only the files and documents associated with that computer. How do we...
  8. One Drive on two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive on two computers: How does One Drive handle two computers on same MS acct? I'm mainly switching to my new computer #2 so would like to transfer files, but want to keep #1 for occasional use. Right now One Drive on computer 2 (the new one) shows the Documents folder from computer 1, with...
  9. Question about OneDrive access from two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about OneDrive access from two computers: I looked through the Tutorials and could not find this question/setup.... I moved a bunch of files/folders to One Drive from my computer "A". They show up in the windows File Explorer and are easy to access. I want to be able to access these same files/folders from Computer...
  10. one drive on two computers: one nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    one drive on two computers: one nothing: and now there is a new error: Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022