Windows 10: Question about Onedrive deleting files?

Discus and support Question about Onedrive deleting files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder of work files that I just copy to Onedrive so I can access them from my other PC’s. When I update that folder I just want to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveTN1, Feb 28, 2019.

1. DaveTN1 Win User

Question about Onedrive deleting files?

I have a folder of work files that I just copy to Onedrive so I can access them from my other PC’s.

When I update that folder I just want to delete it from Onedrive and recopy the entire folder. When I delete that folder will Onedrive try to delete the folder or files on my PC I am copying?

I don’t want Onedrive to automatically delete anything on my PC or anything in Onedrive I don’t specifically delete in Onedrive. Do I need to unsync Onedrive?

:)

DaveTN1, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I have reviewed the information provided by you and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize how frustrating these things can be.
    We at Microsoft prioritize our customers’ satisfaction. I appreciate the time you have taken to work on this issue.

I suggest you to refer the steps from the article
    Restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive

to restore the files and check if that helps.

You can also contact the OneDrive support team by following the steps mentioned below:

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Question about Onedrive deleting files?

Manjunath_H, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Question about Onedrive deleting files?

1. Question about Onedrive deleting files? - Similar Threads - Question Onedrive deleting

2. Question about sorting files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about sorting files: So over the years I have took a ton of photos but I have been lazy and never sorted them so they are all on my PC mixed up anyway I am sorting them now but as I click each file while Ctrl to pick multiple at times the PC starts copying the selected files which is making this...
  3. a question about a PhotosApp file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a question about a PhotosApp file: i found a file after searching “photos” in my file explorer and found a file called PhotosApp. it’s an .etl file and was created on the 5th of april this year. what is it? do i need to be concerned? i’m concerned it’s my personal photos from my iphone because i plugged my...
  4. Question about deleting a partition.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about deleting a partition.: [ATTACH] For some reason MSI made two partition on the 500GB M.2 SSD on my GS65 (drive C for Windows and D for Data). I recently added a 1TB nvme to the laptop and was wondering if it was ok for me to delete Drive D so that there are only 2 partitions on my laptop. I'm not...
  5. Question About a File in Windows

Question About a File in Windows: I Found A file in C/users/<username>/appdata/local named recently-used.xbel Whats This Can u please tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-a-file-in-windows/e9500079-af96-4dda-88a4-0483da26e62c
  6. Question about File History

Question about File History: I have recently started using File History. It works well, in the background, with no problems. I have recovered files, also with no problems. I have a very large folder 138 GB which it skips, even though it's on the list of files to back up. Is there any limitation to...
  7. Specific Questions about Deleting Old User Accounts AND Their Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Specific Questions about Deleting Old User Accounts AND Their Files: Hey guys, I have very specific questions and will outline the scenario leading up to them. I created a new user account new admin due to previous user account corruption. I have two drives, C, and D. D is where my Documents, Videos etc libraries are. C is my boot and...
  8. Question about onedrive versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about onedrive versions: I recently reinstalled windows and I was having a issue with onedrivesetup being stuck in my startup list so I reinstalled it from that exe already on the pc and the onedrive logo changed into a multicolored blue cloud from solid blue logo. The store says however I don't...
  9. Question about dump files

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about dump files: Hi , is there does anyone knows how can i translate my sistem information and dump files to english ? I'm trying to fix these BSOD problems im having but i cant get the help i need because my information is in spanish sadly. If anyone could lend me a hand i would...
  10. Question about file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about file explorer: Have recently opgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10. Most works fine, except the new file explorer. When I open a map, in the navigation panel on the left side, I have a list of maps, files, quick access, libraries, network links, recent maps and files etc etc. What I...