Windows 10: Question about Paint for windows 10

Discus and support Question about Paint for windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In windows 10 paint how do I change a photo from black and white to a sepia format?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stuartscheid, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Question about Paint for windows 10

In windows 10 paint how do I change a photo from black and white to a sepia format?

:)

stuartscheid, Nov 11, 2020

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Nov 11, 2020
  3. The King is Dead; Long Live the King - MS Paint's Announced Demise

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

dorsetknob, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Question about Paint for windows 10

MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Question about Paint for windows 10

1. Question about Paint for windows 10 - Similar Threads - Question Paint

2. Windows 11 - Question about Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Question about Paint: I didn't see this question anywhere, I might have missed it. But, here goes. I had Windows 11 installed, pc was quite capable of handing Win 11. I had to re-install Win11 due to a few issues. Before, I could open a picture in Windows Explorer and on the left an right, an...
  3. Windows 11 - Question about Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Question about Paint: I didn't see this question anywhere, I might have missed it. But, here goes. I had Windows 11 installed, pc was quite capable of handing Win 11. I had to re-install Win11 due to a few issues. Before, I could open a picture in Windows Explorer and on the left an right, an...
  4. Questions About MS Paint for Windows 11

Questions About MS Paint for Windows 11: My project is relativety simple. I originally created a map of my home town back in 2019 using MapHub. There are balloons I created back then that represent locations on that map. Some of the balloons are yellow, but most are green. I had saved around 180 balloons that were...
  5. Questions About MS Paint for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions About MS Paint for Windows 11: My project is relativety simple. I originally created a map of my home town back in 2019 using MapHub. There are balloons I created back then that represent locations on that map. Some of the balloons are yellow, but most are green. I had saved around 180 balloons that were...
  6. Paint 3D question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D question: Hi All,I'm running WIndows 11. I am trying to remove the background from a photo using Paint 3D. I follow the different sets of instructions given by multiple websites, but whatever I do, when I click "Done," it just displays the original photo, with the original background....
  7. Paint 3D question

Paint 3D question: Hi All,I'm running WIndows 11. I am trying to remove the background from a photo using Paint 3D. I follow the different sets of instructions given by multiple websites, but whatever I do, when I click "Done," it just displays the original photo, with the original background....
  8. Paint 3D question

Paint 3D question: I was just wondering why I can't seem to select, deselect and, delete any 2D object in Paint 3D?..3D objects I can click on at any time and delete it but once I have a 2D to shape inserted it's permanent and I can't just simply delete it?...
  9. One question regarding 3D models in Paint 3D

One question regarding 3D models in Paint 3D: Hello, just found out that Microsoft Paint 3D has some good 3D models, and that you can export the model and import it to another program, but I have one doubt.When I select the model, does Paint 3D download the model? it takes some time to load the model after clicking it,...
  10. Paint 3D question

Paint 3D question: Hello Is there a paint available in this program that looks like water? I have some pics of empty pools... you can see the concrete walls of the pool etc... and I want to superimpose over the top of the pools and make it look like they have water in them. Is this...