Windows 10: Question about phone verification for hotmail account

Discus and support Question about phone verification for hotmail account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got an email from Microsoft saying that phone verification was going to be removed soon, and that only SMS messages would be accepted to verify an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tracy_c, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Tracy_c Win User

Question about phone verification for hotmail account

I got an email from Microsoft saying that phone verification was going to be removed soon, and that only SMS messages would be accepted to verify an account. I don't want to be locked out of my account. When is this change going to be implemented? I need to know when I should get a mobile phone which I can't really afford...30 dollars more a month. I'm still using landline.

:)

Tracy_c, Aug 27, 2020

2. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Dealing with Spam

I already have a Gmail account, but Ive had my hotmail account for years and theres a lot of other accounts that are registered to that email. I guess I will try hotmail/MSN support and see what they say as no one has come up with any solutions in this thread

FreedomEclipse, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Google strengthening 2-Step Verification for Google account

Source: https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com...e-prompts.html

Brink, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Question about phone verification for hotmail account - Similar Threads - Question phone verification

2. Question about windows phone calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about windows phone calculator: I had some time ago calculator on my Nokia Lumia 630 phone with icon with square and degree i try upload picture of that calculator with this email but from some reason i can't do that. I can't find that calculator in store from any device pc computer, laptop, lumia 630. Does...
  3. Question about windows phone calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about windows phone calculator: I had some time ago calculator on my Nokia Lumia 630 phone with icon with square and degree i try upload picture of that calculator with this email but from some reason i can't do that. I can't find that calculator in store from any device pc computer, laptop, lumia 630. Does...
  4. Question About Account Activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question About Account Activity: I can't seem to find where to send this question to Microsoft. I keep going in documentation loops so I'll post it here: I got an email recently that said there was a request for a code to sign into my account and I don't remember making that request. It said something like...
  5. unable to complete verification process to unblock a hotmail account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to complete verification process to unblock a hotmail account.: Hello. I received a msg from Microsoft when I tried to open my mail app saying it was locked due to suspicious activity. I can no longer access my backup email account, so I have completed the verification process ...several times.The first time, I received an email within 10...
  6. unable to complete verification process to unblock a hotmail account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to complete verification process to unblock a hotmail account.: Hello. I received a msg from Microsoft when I tried to open my mail app saying it was locked due to suspicious activity. I can no longer access my backup email account, so I have completed the verification process ...several times.The first time, I received an email within 10...
  7. find my phone with hotmail account

find my phone with hotmail account: find my phone with hot mail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-phone-with-hotmail-account/28f4dac5-d56c-4801-865d-f48b2e424122
  8. Hotmail verification options

in Browsers and Email
    Hotmail verification options: So recently i had 3 options to use as security when i logged into hotmail. Send a text to my phone, email to my backup and there was a 3rd option which i cannot recall. Does anyone know what it is? Im 100% sure its not an authentication app because if i had that it would take...
  9. Unable to receive verification to update security info for Hotmail account

Unable to receive verification to update security info for Hotmail account: This is very frustrating. I have received a notification to my registered phone number that a modification has been made to my security information, (which by the way takes one month to properly action) indicating that your system knows about my mobile number, but you are...
  10. Question about accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about accounts: What is the DefaultAppPool account folder for? 86363