Windows 10: Question about possible malware in microsoft app(s)

Discus and support Question about possible malware in microsoft app(s) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can malware in a Microsoft game app on a pc make an Apple app open on an awake iPhone and request that I thumbprint the Apple app (credit card) for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 90210#1A, Oct 10, 2019.

1. 90210#1A Win User

Question about possible malware in microsoft app(s)

Can malware in a Microsoft game app on a pc make an Apple app open on an awake iPhone and request that I thumbprint the Apple app (credit card) for the qr reader? This seemed to happen when I had Firefox browser open (att and verizon websites) and occurred several times when iPhone was within a certain distance of pc (under 2 feet.) I never had trouble with this until today. I have the latest IOS update. PC latest updates are installed.

I deleted all cookies. I scanned pc with McAfee and Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool. Neither found viruses. I scanned iPhone with McAfee and no viruses detected.

I deleted the last 7 game apps I put on pc and the problem stopped immediately. The 7 games had the option to invite friends/friend requests. I did accept friend requests. Can a friend request link in a game contain malware? A few of the apps were from the same developer.

I am not tech savvy; so responses that are too technical, will make my eyes glaze over.

Recap:

Can malware in Microsoft game apps send out a signal, through open web browser page while in certain websites, to iPhone Apple app to open payment/qr reader apps?

Can the game friend invites/requests' link have malware?

Thanks

:)

90210#1A, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware

Source: Advanced Threat Analytics security research network technical analysis: NotPetya Microsoft Secure

Brink, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Question about possible malware in microsoft app(s) - Similar Threads - Question possible malware

2. Possible Malware CrashDumps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Malware CrashDumps: Been dealing with a persistent infection for months now. My event logs show Edge has been stopped from running dynamic code every day and scvhost creating child processes out of bounds. Crash dumps here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmAwuyIRkwNXggw-X2bzJewT_a-l?e=jsP4XN Crash...
  3. Question about Microsoft Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Microsoft Photo App: I'm trying to help a friend with Microsoft's 'built in' Photo app. When the app is opened, Collections appears at the far left (under the Search Bar), and Folders appear at the far right. Can anyone explain why the items under Collection are not the complete list of...
  4. Question about Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about Microsoft Accounts: The issue : The Taskbar crashes everyday when the Windoes Shell Experience Host stops working I have tried ALL you can imagine to fix this, even Microsoft tried to fix it and then they replaced my Surface Book 2 because they couldnt make it stop crashing. Nothing worked, I...
  5. malware question

malware question: I found this in start up: twdsuilaunch.exe , is it malware? I've "Disabled" it. Ok just go to add/remove and delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-question/64a81b9a-b07f-4274-b773-a405d073653c
  6. Possibly malware

Possibly malware: Something is installing games automatically in win 10 pro, in particular i found this new programs installed out of the blue: Candy crush saga Candy crush soda saga <- some kind of variant? Disney Magic Kingdoms March of Empires Minecraft Defender found no treats... 115559
  7. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Microsoft Edge Browser: I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles. Is there a...
  8. Question about Apps from store.

Question about Apps from store.: If I download and install free App thats not normally with Win 10 Pro 1703 from store to test if I like it, will it install like any other program, and can I easily uninstall it like before with other programs, or will it be difficult to remove cleanly-? 94155
  9. a question about microsoft silverlight

a question about microsoft silverlight: i noticed my pc didnt have this installed. and i just installed it. is it nessesary?*Huh 63280
  10. Questions about imaging: Apps and Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about imaging: Apps and Options: Hey, all! I'm tasked with upgrading our ~800 computers from Windows 7 fleet (a mix of Pro and Enterprise, 32b and 64b versions of each). I like VERY much that I'm going to be able to get everything running on 64b with this deployment, so the sea-change will be complete....