Windows 10: Question about possible malware in microsoft app(s)

Discus and support Question about possible malware in microsoft app(s) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can malware in a Microsoft game app on a pc make an Apple app open on an awake iPhone and request that I thumbprint the Apple app (credit card) for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 90210#1A, Oct 10, 2019.

1. 90210#1A Win User

Question about possible malware in microsoft app(s)

Can malware in a Microsoft game app on a pc make an Apple app open on an awake iPhone and request that I thumbprint the Apple app (credit card) for the qr reader? This seemed to happen when I had Firefox browser open (att and verizon websites) and occurred several times when iPhone was within a certain distance of pc (under 2 feet.) I never had trouble with this until today. I have the latest IOS update. PC latest updates are installed.

I deleted all cookies. I scanned pc with McAfee and Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool. Neither found viruses. I scanned iPhone with McAfee and no viruses detected.

I deleted the last 7 game apps I put on pc and the problem stopped immediately. The 7 games had the option to invite friends/friend requests. I did accept friend requests. Can a friend request link in a game contain malware? A few of the apps were from the same developer.

I am not tech savvy; so responses that are too technical, will make my eyes glaze over.

Recap:

Can malware in Microsoft game apps send out a signal, through open web browser page while in certain websites, to iPhone Apple app to open payment/qr reader apps?

Can the game friend invites/requests' link have malware?

Thanks

:)

90210#1A, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware

Source: Advanced Threat Analytics security research network technical analysis: NotPetya Microsoft Secure

Brink, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Question about possible malware in microsoft app(s) - Similar Threads - Question possible malware

2. Question about Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Microsoft apps: Do I need to activate my windows to get access to Microsoft applications like Microsoft store? I'm just curious because I don't seem to have it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-microsoft-apps/60f1ef94-f1d2-4d03-81ca-d080e17501e8
  3. Question about Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Microsoft apps: Do I need to activate my windows to get access to Microsoft applications like Microsoft store? I'm just curious because I don't seem to have it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-microsoft-apps/60f1ef94-f1d2-4d03-81ca-d080e17501e8
  4. Question about Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Question about Malware in Quarantine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Malware in Quarantine: I downloaded malware. It was in quarantine. I clicked removal as I thought it would delete it. What if the malware is now out of quarantine roaming through my computer?[Original Title: Help!]...
  6. Question about S mode!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about S mode!: I am trying to download adobe software on my HP laptop but anytime i try to download it I get a message that I will have to switch out of S mode first. Is switching out of S mode a good idea? What happens if I switch out of S mode and will it effect the functionality of the...
  7. Questions about Malware/Virus

Questions about Malware/Virus: Hi, Windows defender keeps finding DefenderTamperingRestore and it keeps coming back and i dont know what to do, what other antivirus should i use other than windows defender. And i want some information on segurazo antivirus and how to remove it[Original Title:...
  8. Questions about malware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions about malware: I’m building a new pc and I’m not very informed on certain types of viruses are they any that could attach themselves to a GPU’s memory? or anything like that probably a stupid question but like I said I’m not well informed on what they can really do lol. submitted by...
  9. Question about possible scam

Question about possible scam: I have been contact by a company that claims I have been using there software for the past two years with a electronic signed contract(emailed me proof)I have looked for this software on my computer and cannot find it anywhere. The company is called US Info Solutions (***...
  10. Question about Microsoft Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Microsoft Photo App: I'm trying to help a friend with Microsoft's 'built in' Photo app. When the app is opened, Collections appears at the far left (under the Search Bar), and Folders appear at the far right. Can anyone explain why the items under Collection are not the complete list of...