Windows 10: Question about processor/ram when choosing laptop

Discus and support Question about processor/ram when choosing laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, would you rather have a laptop with a Intel i3 and 8gb of ram or i5 with 4gb of ram. My buddy is getting a laptop with these 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steven Campoli, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Question about processor/ram when choosing laptop

Hey guys, would you rather have a laptop with a Intel i3 and 8gb of ram or i5 with 4gb of ram. My buddy is getting a laptop with these 2 configurations, obviously it’s because of his budget and he asked me which one. I would select i3 with 8 but I’m not so sure

:)

Steven Campoli, Feb 11, 2020

2. Help choosing a Win 10 laptop

Take a gander at this list of laptop CPUs

PassMark CPU Benchmarks - New Laptop CPUs Performance

See if you can find something with an Intel i3 processor in your price range.

The i3 Passmark scores seem to begin around 3000 and go up from there.

They are a step up from the dreaded Celerons.

ignatzatsonic, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Saidrex Win User
    Help me choose processor

AMD vs INTEL. Which trademark processors would be better for games? And stupid question, if i choose AMD processor does this mean i need x64 windows for full performance. And which processor would you suggest for games, amd or intel for a price to 300$. *Confused Question about processor/ram when choosing laptop :confused: Sorry for my english.

Saidrex, Feb 11, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Question about processor/ram when choosing laptop

n-ster, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Question about processor/ram when choosing laptop

1. Question about processor/ram when choosing laptop - Similar Threads - Question processor ram

2. Question about Choosing where to get apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Choosing where to get apps.: Hello.I am trying to download a setup for google chrome, however, when I try to run it I am redirected to the windows store. I saw that you can change this by going to the settings by choosing where to get apps in the settings. However, I cannot find this option when I look...
  3. Question about Choosing where to get apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Choosing where to get apps.: Hello.I am trying to download a setup for google chrome, however, when I try to run it I am redirected to the windows store. I saw that you can change this by going to the settings by choosing where to get apps in the settings. However, I cannot find this option when I look...
  4. Question about Number of Processors in Advanced Boot Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Number of Processors in Advanced Boot Options: Hi there. So I recently upgraded my os system to Windows 11 and I saw many people taking about changing the number of processors to the number to cores on the processor in advanced boot option. And some advised against it. So I was wondering should I change it to the number...
  5. A Question about Processor Scheduling Win32PrioritySeparation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question about Processor Scheduling Win32PrioritySeparation: A reference screenshot of the window:I'm trying to maximize the FPS I am getting in games. So, some YouTubers say that setting Processor Scheduling to Programs in Performance Options gives more FPS, while some say that setting it to background services gives more FPS.I'm...
  6. Question about RAM.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about RAM.: Hello. Well I am currently using G-skillz 16GSXFB RAM 2 sticks 8g each. I wanted to add 2 more RAM sticks but I am unable to find th F series anyware. Currently I am finding the K series 16GSXKB. Which I think is there newest. But according to the stats they K and F...
  7. Question about VM performance and RAM configuration.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Question about VM performance and RAM configuration.: My laptop has a 4GB RAM module and a 2GB module, so only 4GB can work in dual channel mode. The system usually uses about 3GB, but when I'm running a VM, it uses around 5GB. Is it likely that this is why my VM is so sluggish? (I'm not sure whether this is a RAM question or a...
  8. 3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming: I got 3 questions about the i5 processor for a desktop I'll be building: 1) I was told an i5 6600K isn't needed for gaming since its for overclocking. And that instead I get an i5 6500. Is this true? 2) Does overclocking prolong the life of a computer so you don't have...
  9. Laptop ram question (Mhz)

Laptop ram question (Mhz): Good morning. I helped my Nephew out with his computer, did a lot of maintenance. His computer has 4GB of ram, and just after startup, half of his RAM is being used for background programs. So, time for an upgrade. Refresh my memory (pun intended). Right now his ram...
  10. Question about faulty ram

Question about faulty ram: My laptop has been freezing randomly lately and I've been trying to find the cause of the freezes. I've ran HP diagnostics a few times and one test came back as: [img] But the all the other times It passed and I also ran memtest last night which showed 0 errors? Can a RAM...