Windows 10: Question about Proper Shutdown shortcut

Discus and support Question about Proper Shutdown shortcut in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question about shutdown shortcut. I have some family member who are older and cant see the Windows 10 menus even when I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Grendor, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Grendor Win User

Question about Proper Shutdown shortcut

Hello,

I have a question about shutdown shortcut.

I have some family member who are older and cant see the Windows 10 menus even when I changed settings.

I have been reading about making a shutdown shortcut for them but I am confused.

I see so many examples I dont know which one if any to use for windows 10.

Some say use:

%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0

Some say just use: C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe

I found many others and dont want to post them all.

So can someone please tell me or point me to the correct way to make a shutdown shortcut that will act the same a using the start menu button?

Thanks in advance.

Gren

:)

Grendor, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

SHUTDOWN BUTTON !!

Hi,

To create shutdown button shortcut, kindly follow these steps.

• Right-click on the desktop, select New and then choose Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, enter the command for shutdown shutdown.exe -s -t 00.
    • Click Next, then type the name of this shortcut.
    • Click Finish.
    • Right-click the shortcut on the desktop, then select Pin to taskbar.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Aug 30, 2019
  3. not proper shutdown

dear

after update window 10 my laptop not proper shutdown

so resolve this querry

AruneshKumarUL, Aug 30, 2019
  4. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Question about Proper Shutdown shortcut :)

terrace, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Question about Proper Shutdown shortcut - Similar Threads - Question Proper Shutdown

2. A serious question about conducts and proper practices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious question about conducts and proper practices: Ok, this is gonna be a pretty wild thread but clearly some companies are even wilder, and I'm gonna copy and paste it as your employees/bots will instantly close any thread that is in any way related to misconduct or corruption in this company, Microsoft conveniently doesn't...
  3. A serious question about conducts and proper practices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious question about conducts and proper practices: Ok, this is gonna be a pretty wild thread but clearly some companies are even wilder, and I'm gonna copy and paste it as your employees/bots will instantly close any thread that is in any way related to misconduct or corruption in this company, Microsoft conveniently doesn't...
  4. Question about shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about shortcuts: Hi, is there any way to play a sound after someone guesses your pin wrong in windows 10. Thanks in advance submitted by /u/TuftyManager79 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l04zed/question_about_shortcuts/
  5. Question about user putting shortcut folder to users/public

Question about user putting shortcut folder to users/public: If a user on a PC (with limited access, so not an admin) creates a shortcut to a folder to its own files and then puts that folder in a users/public folder, will everyone else have access to the files in this folder? submitted by /u/dddj24 [link] [comments]...
  6. Question about scheduling shutdown with win+r

Question about scheduling shutdown with win+r: The other day I used win+r (shutdown -s -t 7200) to schedule a time for my pc to shutdown but somehow it didn't work. I did suspend the pc though, does it has anything to do with that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/lzy917 [link] [comments]...
  7. shortcut shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shortcut shutdown: I want to put shortcut shutdown button on my taskbar.I right click on desktop to create new shortcut and in the box i typed shutdown.exe/s/t 0 and clicked next i get pop up message shutdown folder cant be found. And no matter what command i type in the box i get the same pop...
  8. Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts: Hello Microsoft Community, I had seen online that you could add shortcuts to your desktop to quickly shut down or restart your PC. How can I do this but add a time interval (30 seconds, for example) before the computer shuts down or restarts? And is it possible to create a...
  9. Shutdown Shortcut

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown Shortcut: Win XP had a neat tip/trick where you could create a Shutdown shortcut and place the Icon on your desktop. To shutdown your PC, you would just click on the Icon, and voila, your PC shutdown. Does anyone know if something like this is available in W10? 96625
  10. Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown: I know some people disable fast boot/hybrid shutdown but I tend to leave as much of Windows at default as possible (apart from system restore - why does MS disable that by default?!!!) anyway, I wonder if the hiberfil.sys file on shutdown gets rewritten from scratch on...