Windows 10: Question about protocols (SAMBA, WEBDAV..)

Discus and support Question about protocols (SAMBA, WEBDAV..) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i planned to get a NAS to be able to access my file through WEDDAV since i was told it's quite the equal of SAMBA on your local network. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by unko, Oct 27, 2018.

1. unko Win User

Question about protocols (SAMBA, WEBDAV..)

Hello, i planned to get a NAS to be able to access my file through WEDDAV since i was told it's quite the equal of SAMBA on your local network. However i just learned it's limited to 4GB file size. Not ok for me, i got files much larger and it's actually the one i'd use the most (streaming these; not necessarily media though). Is there another protocol i could use? Either using Synology (better), either WD My Cloud. Let me know, thanks Question about protocols (SAMBA, WEBDAV..) :)

:)

2. jimbo45 Win User

Linux Samba settings to display Windows shares

Hi folks

Samba needs a different setting to display Windows or any of the SAMBA shares - especially if its version of Linux / NAS server needs / uses SMB1

You still need to set the SMB1 option in Add features to windows of course.

also in the samba config file ensure this line is in the global section

[global]
    max protocol = NT1 <===+++++++++++++++++

(Not client max protocol !!)

what this actually does (apart from working !!! ) I have no idea but it fixed 4 Linux machines which suddenly stopped listing Samba shares under network. I saw the suggestion on some weird website - have no idea of the link though - must have been imbibing some of those nice malted fluids kari likes. !!!

Works also with ubuntu guests as well as Hosts and Centos guests and hosts. haven't messed around with other Linux distros as I don't really use them.

Question about protocols (SAMBA, WEBDAV..) [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pro no longer connects to Samba Share on Linux Workstation

Hello Simon,

To better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• What version of Samba Share are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have your done so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Anak Win User

What is "Jackrabbit Webdav Server"? Why is it wanting my password?

• What is Jackrabbit?
    Sounds scary to me, do you use Java?

• What's with the unsecure connection?
    As you put it "my destination", is not secure. What I've seen is, this crops up when somehow a microsoft office 07, 10, and 13 application tries to use an unsecure connection.

• How do I stop this?
    There may be a way but you will need to work in the registry, first go over this KB article: https://Office application opens blank from Sharepoint,WebDAV or site when it is HTTP | support.microsoft.com/en-us/help

The area you want to concentrate on is: Step 1: Configure WebDAV Redirector on the client. Skip the Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 part and go to the Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 To enable Basic authentication on the client computer, and study the steps. You may be adding a key. BasicAuthLevel [some systems already have the key but it's set to 0 ]. Before you start create a restore point: System Restore Point - Create in Windows 10 Then complete the steps from the beginning of the Vista, 7, 8 section.

• Here's a heads up:
    1.) I've seen that the BasicAuthLevel can exist in your registry but it's set to ( 0 ) which causes the problem you're experiencing. Then all you have to do is change the value by right clicking on it and left click on Modify then enter a 1 or 2 in the value data box.

2.) It says to use a value of 2 for the BasicAuthLevel value but this is for secure and non secure SSL connections, I haven't found anything as to what is meant by non-secure SSL .

I did take a look at my registry and found it's set to (1) 1 - Basic authentication enabled for SSL connections only: One (1) is what I'd go with.

Question about protocols (SAMBA, WEBDAV..) [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Question about protocols (SAMBA, WEBDAV..) - Similar Threads - Question protocols SAMBA

2. Questions about YourPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions about YourPhone: I may be in the wrong place. If so, tell me the right place and I'll repost it there. "Ease of Access" sounds as good as anything.My wife can't use a touchscreen complicated nerve damage in her hands and therefore can't use any modern cell phones, only very basic G3 models...
  3. Question about ELANFPService.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about ELANFPService.exe: Hi all,When i go under Task Manager<Details< I see ElanFP.Service.exe. The file location ia under Windows/System32z.I then went into its properties under detail and in front of language it states: Chinese, as you see in the screenshot photo i inserted. Is this normal or not?...
  4. Question about realtek

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about realtek: was wondering if anyone would know why I would 3 Realtek HD Audio Universal Service in the task manager. I just want to know if that is normal? Here is a pic 180359
  5. Question about Roblox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Question about Roblox: Why Roblox company wont put in the nintendo switch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-roblox/26c6cbb5-9d4f-41e0-a7d8-1d8f4a0864fd
  6. Question about monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about monitors: Is it possible to use my laptop as a second monitor using a wire? I don't want to use wireless because I don't always have connection. Thanks in advance. Preferably free, but low cost should be fine. submitted by /u/Faramir_1233 [link] [comments]...
  7. Questions about tracking

in Browsers and Email
    Questions about tracking: I've started using the new Stable version of Edgeium so much that I'm thinking about switching over to it full-time. So that causes me to ask -- does MS track all the sites and URLs I use with it? IF so, is there any way to disable this? I can find lots of info about the MS...
  8. AddressResolution Protocol from CMD prompt..: A question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AddressResolution Protocol from CMD prompt..: A question.: Just found out about the 'ARP -a' command available in CMD Prompt. Was wondering why there is more than one MAC Address listed? I recognise my router as one of the MAC addresses (the only 'dynamic' address listed). However there are 4 'static' MAC addresses listed there as...
  9. questions about icons

in Windows 10 Support
    questions about icons: Hi. I have two different windows 10 systems, and they display the icons in the right pane in different way. I cant find how to change them to be alike (I prefer just the icon instead the folder with the small icon) Any suggestion? Thanks 118226
  10. Question about Securom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Securom: So I've upgraded to Windows 10 awhile ago now and I've really been enjoying the new OS. However I have an older game that is having some problems running. I would roll back to Windows 8.1 but that option is no longer available to me in the settings under update and recovery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 pro samba to cocktail audio