Windows 10: Question about quick assist

Discus and support Question about quick assist in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I’ve been having some issues with a potential malware and hundreds of these weird files that I didn’t know what they were so I got into touch with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wanderer_of_Dreams, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Question about quick assist

So, I’ve been having some issues with a potential malware and hundreds of these weird files that I didn’t know what they were so I got into touch with someone from tech support through live chat. I was asked a few questions before he asked whether or not I would feel comfortable doing a remote session. In all honesty, I wasn’t, but a quick google search said it was fine, so I agreed. He really didn’t do anything at all, just checked what the file looked like, didn’t even open it or anything, which means the information he got was the one I already described to him. He prompted me to run cmd as admin, and suddenly the password stopped working. I had to restart and try again, which still refused. After using the eye logo, I realized that a certain number was typing out as a symbol. This scared me cause this has never ever happened before, and I started to think that maybe the guy was doing something on my PC, I mean he certainly had the time with the restart and all. Anyways, when you do quick assist, the edge of your screen becomes yellow and when I restarted, it was gone so I assumed he was gone in that moment, however, a few YouTube searches showed me that you typically get a notification when you stop quick assist. I’m not sure if I didn’t get the notification cause I had restarted or what but I’m a little worried. I’ve checked with others that the website I used was the official one, but I’m worried the person might have gotten information from my PC (if he can, I’m not too sure how it works).

I guess the main question is, did the guy close quick assist while I restarted, which stopped me from getting the notification that it had ended or am I in for some potential trouble? Is it even possible it had access to my screen while I was restarting? I didn’t even know windows 10 had something like this until today so :\

submitted by /u/Wanderer_of_Dreams
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wanderer_of_Dreams, Aug 7, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Aug 7, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Question about quick assist

Quick Assist not working

Question about quick assist [​IMG]

I suppose another possibility might be that some related service is not configured correctly...

E.g. Tweaking.com's repair tool includes a repair to set services to default.

I suggest you look at affected PCs and check installed programs to see if there are any that are common only to those and not others, especially 3rd party security programs with firewalls.

I saw a note somewhere that there's no relevant group policy.

Is this idea relevant?
    or this:
    - this helped some people
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-3a46fe1fd0a6

dalchina, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

Question about quick assist

1. Question about quick assist - Similar Threads - Question quick assist

2. Quick Question about CPU Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Question about CPU Power: Hello, i wanted to ask a quick question. So i wanna buy a laptop with Intel Core i3-10110U CPU and it says ,,up to 4.1 GHz" What does it mean? Does it mean that it can be overclocked to 4.1GHz or it has 4.1GHz by default? Thanks!...
  3. quick question about some things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    quick question about some things: So I'm a little worried to why Microsoft Store is running in task manager and why Mail and Microsoft Store are using GPU I know its not using any since it says zero % but just a little curious...
  4. Concerns about Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Concerns about Quick Assist: Hello, How safe is Quick Assist is when recieving assistance from Microsoft support? Is there a way to confirm the person was from Microsoft Support? I requested help through my MS account with transferring a Windows 10 Pro upgrade to the new laptop. The previous laptop was...
  5. Quick Question about Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick Question about Windows: Hi Just wondering if you could pass a question onto your CEO Satya Nadella.... "Looking towards the future do you think that it is feasible to anticipate that an operating system will be developed which will actually be stable, providing functionality that will be reliable...
  6. Quick question about encryption.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question about encryption.: I want to encrypt a folder but the folder will be getting files added to it on a regular basis. Does windows 10 auto encrypt the files I add to the encrypted folder? submitted by /u/EdwardTeach84 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Quick Assist Questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Quick Assist Questions: Hello All Issue is my sister rarely updates her laptop, for a while she had no internet at her place, now has internet, unknown if she ever updates it, or applies HP bios updates to fix any security issues or various other issues. My Desktop has Windows 10 Pro, Her Laptop is...
  8. Windows 10 Quick Assist Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Quick Assist Questions: Hello All Issue is my sister rarely updates her laptop, for a while she had no internet at her place, now has internet, unknown if she ever updates it, or applies HP bios updates to fix any security issues or various other issues. My Desktop has Windows 10 Pro, Her Laptop is...
  9. Questions about Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about Focus Assist: Which Focus Assist's setting should I use since I don't want to have notifications and may I still have them if I don't touch Focus Assist (the same with leaving it with the priority only setting checked and not messing with the automatic rules' settings) after disabling...
  10. Quick question about a clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick question about a clean install.: I've been wanting to do a clean install of windows 10 for a long time. I have windows 10, but I want to reinstall it. I want to start fresh, so I've backed up my files. I just have one question, will I need to reinstall my drivers? Because I have no idea where to find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick assist windows 10