Windows 10: Question about reinstall?

Discus and support Question about reinstall? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I use the reinstall tool on the MSFT site, do I use lose data on the D drive? submitted by /u/Redtition [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Redtition, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Question about reinstall?

If I use the reinstall tool on the MSFT site, do I use lose data on the D drive?

submitted by /u/Redtition
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Redtition, Jul 15, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Question about reinstall? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. About startup problem

Hi Jay,

It would be great if you can answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How did you upgrade to Windows 10?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Power troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

I would also suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter by following the above steps.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Question about reinstall?

3 questions for Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the issue you are facing with the desktop.

As you have multiple issues with the desktop, let me assist you with the issues one by one.

Question 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• On the Desktop, right-click on an empty space.

• In the drop down options, select
      View.

• Uncheck the option: Auto arrange icons.
    Question 2:

The information provided in question 2 is not clear, so kindly answer the below question;

• About which “favorites” you are talking about
      (EDGE or WINDOWS EXPLORER or INTERNET EXPLORER)?
    Question 3:

I suggest you to refer the below link to change Adobe to open PDF files instead of Edge and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-default-programs-in-windows-10

I hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Question about reinstall?

1. Question about reinstall? - Similar Threads - Question reinstall

2. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...
  3. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...
  4. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question: My laptop model Dell Inspiron 5577 gaming and it has been giving me some trouble over the last few months following a half dozen Windows updates. My touchpad just suddenly disappeared from settings and is unusable, anytime I go to device manager and try to uninstall + restart...
  6. How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question: My laptop model Dell Inspiron 5577 gaming and it has been giving me some trouble over the last few months following a half dozen Windows updates. My touchpad just suddenly disappeared from settings and is unusable, anytime I go to device manager and try to uninstall + restart...
  7. How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. 2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar: I have a couple of questions -1 - Can I reinstall Realtek audio manager in my upgraded Windows 10 to windows 11? Because the volume when playing a movie DVD is really bad. The sound effects are loud and when the characters in the movie are talking the volume goes down. When...
  9. 2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar

2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar: I have a couple of questions -1 - Can I reinstall Realtek audio manager in my upgraded Windows 10 to windows 11? Because the volume when playing a movie DVD is really bad. The sound effects are loud and when the characters in the movie are talking the volume goes down. When...
  10. Question about reinstalling windows.

Question about reinstalling windows.: My daughter unknowingly updated to Windows 11 on her laptop over 10 days ago. The computer runs so slow, lags so much, that its pretty much unusable. Wondering how we can download a copy of Windows 10, the licensed copy we paid for when the computer was purchased? Since it...