Windows 10: Question about "Reset this PC" for Windows 10. Which version would it reset to....

Discus and support Question about "Reset this PC" for Windows 10. Which version would it reset to.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Let's say I purchased my PC, with Windows 10 version 1703 installed, plus a few OEM drivers and OEM application. Over the years, I've Windows Updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Clement.Yip, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Question about "Reset this PC" for Windows 10. Which version would it reset to....

Let's say I purchased my PC, with Windows 10 version 1703 installed, plus a few OEM drivers and OEM application.

Over the years, I've Windows Updates, and now I'm on Windows 10 version 1909.

Now, what if I now use the "Reset this PC" button. Settings->Update & Security->Recovery

What version of Windows would it reset to?

Am I right that it would reset to Windows 10 version 1703, with OEM drivers and OEM application ?

Now, allow me to tweak the question a little bit.

Let's say I purchased my PC, with Windows 10 version 1703 installed, plus a few OEM drivers and OEM application.

But then I manually fresh clean reinstall Windows 10 version 1809. Hence no OEM drivers and no OEM application.

Over the years, I've Windows Updates, and now I'm on Windows 10 version 1909.

Question is, what if I now use the "Reset this PC" button. Settings->Update & Security->Recovery

What version of Windows would it reset to?

Am I right that it would reset to Windows 10 version 1809 Clean Windows with no OEM driver and no OEM application ?

I'm just trying to understand better how "Reset this PC" works.

Thanks a lot.

:)

Clement.Yip, Jul 28, 2020

2. Some questions about reset my pc.

Resetting would do this:

• All your personal files and apps will be removed.
    • All user accounts will be removed.
    • Your PC settings will be changed back to their defaults.
    • If you have more than one drive (partition) on the Windows disk, you will have the option to remove all files on only the Windows drive or all drives on the disk.
    As apps would be removed, the game would also be removed, provided if it is installed.
    You can read more about reset here:
    Reset Windows 10

Sumit Dhiman, Jul 28, 2020
  3. mpham258 Win User
    Some questions about reset my pc.

why does it remove my files if i chose the "keep my files" option?

mpham258, Jul 28, 2020
  4. k0ngzy1 Win User

Question about "Reset this PC" for Windows 10. Which version would it reset to....

Having random resets on Windows 10

So this started happening today, I started getting random Kernel-Power critical errors (41) with zero bugs in the Event Data, and then I turned all bios to default, and I also removed the PS2 connector from my keyboard and began using USB, because I wasn't able to access bios, (sorry if that's unrelated, just trying to think of everything). I read on a thread about someone with a similar situation that if the resets are happening in Bios, then it means it's a hardware issue. I've been on bios for about 20 minutes, and usually this is around the time that the shutdown occurs. I thought it had to do with photoshop, tried not using photoshop, still crashed on me. Let me clarify as well, this is not a BSOD, this is just an immediate swap to black screens on both monitors for a brief amount of time (3 seconds) and then the Windows 10 start logo comes up with that teal offset window. The fans in my PC dont even stop moving, the lights dont turn off, it just resets. Any ideas?

edit: I also reverted to a system restore point before a critical windows update on the 27th, this didn't deter the reset. reset first happened while streaming Squad using OBS, second crash happened when just OBS was up.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that at the time of the last reset, I was verifying validity of game files, and my disk usage was maxed out for about, 7 minutes. (I have an extremely old 1tb HDD, if that warrants concern) I have also unplugged the motherboard reset switch, just to eliminate idea of reset switch being shorted

EDIT2: Direct question, "If the resets are not occurring in the bios, does this eliminate the fault of any hardware?"

Windows 10 64 bit home premium
    i7 4790k
    R9 290x Tri-X GPU
    Sentey 750W Modular power supply
    8gb (4x2) Corsair Vengeance
    Cooler Master 612 EVO aftermarket cooler

All connections seem to be secure.

k0ngzy1, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Question about "Reset this PC" for Windows 10. Which version would it reset to....

1. Question about "Reset this PC" for Windows 10. Which version would it reset to.... - Similar Threads - Question Reset version

2. Question about Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Factory Reset: If I factory reset my computer will the data be lost on the same account of a different pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-factory-reset/5332ed5e-13b9-4e1d-aeb7-900f16571396
  3. Question about Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Factory Reset: If I factory reset my computer will the data be lost on the same account of a different pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-factory-reset/5332ed5e-13b9-4e1d-aeb7-900f16571396
  4. I have a question about resetting my Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question about resetting my Windows 10 PC.: I was in the process of resetting my pc when I saw this post.Give your PC a Fresh Start microsoft.com At the bottom of the post it says "You may also lose your digital licenses and digital content associated with apps, which may impact your ability to use these apps or...
  5. I have a question about resetting my Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a question about resetting my Windows 10 PC.: I was in the process of resetting my pc when I saw this post.Give your PC a Fresh Start microsoft.com At the bottom of the post it says "You may also lose your digital licenses and digital content associated with apps, which may impact your ability to use these apps or...
  6. I have a question about resetting my Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Questions about recovery/reset this PC within Windows

Questions about recovery/reset this PC within Windows: Win 10 Home on old Toshiba LT with an old SSD installed I want to use the recovery/reset this PC option in Win 10. I have two options, " Keep my Files " or " Remove Everything". I have no media creation backups or ISO. I know I can create them, I can't be bothered, I just...
  8. Some queries about Windows resetting and resetting related question.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some queries about Windows resetting and resetting related question.: I have a lot of problem with my pc. It doesn't work correctly. So I have some question asked below: 1. I want to recover some of my particular apps and files. So, actually how can I do that while resetting my pc? 2.If I reset my pc,will my licensed windows 10 version will...
  9. Some questions about reset my pc.

Some questions about reset my pc.: Im havent problems with my computer and im thinking about resetting it and choose the keep my files option.what exactly will this remove?if i have a game in my computer,will it remove it?pls be specific when answering this because i dont know much about computers. 34824
  10. Question about Windows 10 Reset Feature

Question about Windows 10 Reset Feature: I was wondering...if i say, bought a new toshiba laptop (for example) with windows 10 pre-installed on it by toshiba, and then let is say i used the windows 10 "reset" feature and had it do a totally clean re-install without saving anything, well what would the result be?...