Windows 10: Question about Resetting or Reinstalling Windows 10 or registering new Copy of Windows 10...

Discus and support Question about Resetting or Reinstalling Windows 10 or registering new Copy of Windows 10... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I created a new account every time that I either reset or reinstalled Windows 10 with the intention of starting fresh on the operating system. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jpolk1138, May 23, 2019.

1. jpolk1138 Win User

Question about Resetting or Reinstalling Windows 10 or registering new Copy of Windows 10...

I created a new account every time that I either reset or reinstalled Windows 10 with the intention of starting fresh on the operating system. I have come to the realization that this approach may be inefficient. My desire when I either reset or reinstall an operating system or replace the operating system or computer with a newer operating system or computer is to start fresh.

My question is after I create a new account when I install a new copy of Windows 10 on my computer, such as an Outlook account, if I use that same account after I either reset or reinstall Windows 10 on the existing computer or install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a newer computer, will Windows 10 keep its default settings from the fresh reset or reinstallion or new installation, or will it automatically make the changes to the operating system's settings and functions that were made in either the previous operating system setup or older computer once I login with that account?

Also, based on your past experience(s) transitioning from an older operating system to a newer operating system such as from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or from Windows 8 to Windows 10, if I used the same account on an operating system that is supposed to replace Windows 10, such as a possible Windows 11, would that operating system still keep its default settings after registering the account or would it automatically modify its functions and settings to those which are similar to the functions and settings of the older operating system?

Thanks

:)

jpolk1138, May 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 23, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Question about Resetting or Reinstalling Windows 10 or registering new Copy of Windows 10...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Question about Resetting or Reinstalling Windows 10 or registering new Copy of Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Question Resetting Reinstalling

2. Question about reinstalling windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about reinstalling windows.: My daughter unknowingly updated to Windows 11 on her laptop over 10 days ago. The computer runs so slow, lags so much, that its pretty much unusable. Wondering how we can download a copy of Windows 10, the licensed copy we paid for when the computer was purchased? Since it...
  3. Question about Windows Reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows Reinstallation.: If I reinstall my windows through a bootable drive will my BitLocker encryption remain or would I lose it? Do I have to keep in mind some settings or not? Will recovery drive after reinstallation be automatically made or not? If not how do I have to make it? submitted by...
  4. Question about a copy of windows 10 I've sold

Question about a copy of windows 10 I've sold: I have a question,is i recently sold a sealed copy of windows 10,the person received the sealed disc and sent me a message that the product key was already used ,is this possible?or am I being scammed ,sorry if this is not in the right forum submitted by /u/rig44gins...
  5. A few questions about reinstalling Windows 10

A few questions about reinstalling Windows 10: Ahoy Windows 10 folks! So as the title says, I'm going to be reinstalling Windows 10 completely (planning to do so tomorrow). What I bought (about 1 year ago, when I built this PC) is a full "Retail" version of Windows 10 Home, which came in the form of the little white box...
  6. Question about reinstalling Windows

Question about reinstalling Windows: First of all, I have never done this before but I do know my way around windows. I’m just not sure on one thing. I want to back up everything (except the OS) to a portable hard drive in order to reinstall Windows, but I don’t know what the best way to do this is. I would just...
  7. Question about Windows reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows reinstall?: I have reset Windows so that everything is deleted except the own files. And after it was finished there was something about security or something else and at the end there was almost done and now I have a black screen only with the mouse I can restart the PC or should I wait...
  8. Question about windows reinstall

Question about windows reinstall: Hello, On the Microsoft site about Windows installation it says that you need a 8GB usb flash drive for the iso file thing. Well, my USB flash drive is only 7.20gb, is it still gonna work? I'm gonna reinstall my OS tomorrow so I would gladly accept any advice. Thanks in...
  9. questions about reinstalling windows 10

questions about reinstalling windows 10: so i want to reinstall windows 10due to some problems , i have some questions regarding data loss eetc i want to reinstall without losing any data , i have games , musics , pictures , videos and many other things , and i dont want to lose them , is it possible to reinstall...
  10. Question about Windows 10 Reset Feature

Question about Windows 10 Reset Feature: I was wondering...if i say, bought a new toshiba laptop (for example) with windows 10 pre-installed on it by toshiba, and then let is say i used the windows 10 "reset" feature and had it do a totally clean re-install without saving anything, well what would the result be?...