Windows 10: Question about robocopy

Discus and support Question about robocopy in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a problem with robocopy command: i want to make a script for a backup but i only want the most recent files to be copied, i used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/timtim_212, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:32 PM.

1. Question about robocopy

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with robocopy command: i want to make a script for a backup but i only want the most recent files to be copied, i used to do it with the xcopy command with /d parameter but i have some memory issues.

Here is an exemple:

xcopy "D:\Exemple" "Z:\BACKUP\PC\D\Exemple" /s /e /d /i /y It work

robocopy "D:\Exemple" "Z:\BACKUP\PC\D\Exemple" /s /e /COPYALL /maxage:1 Doesn't work

Robocopy command either copy everything or nothing, even missing files.

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/timtim_212
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/timtim_212, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:32 PM

2. Symbolic link with Robocopy ?

I have a question regarding Robocopy. Is it possible to create a symbolic link with Robocopy ?

StraightWorld, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:53 PM
  3. cShane Win User
    Robocopy multi-threaded copies

Thanks. I
    posted
    a question there.

Shane.

4. Question about robocopy

Robocopy multi-threaded copies

We appreciate your response and the information provided, Shane! Let's check with
    IT Professionals on TechNet forum regarding your concern with Robocopy. We suggest that you post your query on this
    link. Click on
    "Ask a question" at the upper left of the page.

Regards,

Carlos

Thema:

Question about robocopy

1. Question about robocopy - Similar Threads - Question robocopy

2. Gibberish or question marks ? in some folder and file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gibberish or question marks ? in some folder and file names: The File Explorer windows 10 on my Lenovo Laptop shows at least one folder with music files in which the folder and file names appear in Greek/gibberish characters. Some pdf file names appear as question marks within a diamond shape! Most probably originally all these have...
  3. Question about macrium's retention policy, im a bit shakey

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about macrium's retention policy, im a bit shakey: Incredible how hard it is to find solid recommendations revolving around certain criteria online for macrium lol. Anyhow, here is what i have, and what im going for. I want grandfather-father-son and I want 3 months worth of full backups. 1 month worth of differential. 2...
  4. Store Question

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store Question: Do the Microsoft Store not have an app for Youtube, Chrome, Facebook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-question/7159f35c-c340-41b3-ad08-85784cfb2079
  5. Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it.: sometimes the icon freezes and I cannot get a context menu when I left click it...here is the photo of the icon in red rectangle: [ATTACH]...
  6. Question about bootable image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about bootable image: Hey guys, I thought I'd turn here and ask you lovely gurus about this. I used to work in the IT department if a rather large Sandwich shop in Chicago that had done something that I am trying to replicate. Long story short, the way they would setup and distribute the company...
  7. Question about modifying a bootable image / ISO

Question about modifying a bootable image / ISO: Hey guys, I thought I'd turn here and ask you lovely gurus about this. I used to work in the IT department if a rather large Sandwich shop in Chicago that had done something that I am trying to replicate. Long story short, the way they would setup and distribute the company...
  8. Disk Partition Question After Removing Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Partition Question After Removing Dual Boot: I have a desktop PC that was originally Win 7. Back in January, I installed Win 10 in a dual boot configuration. All has been fine with Win 10 so I am ready to remove the dual boot (Win 7) OS. I've read the tutorial on removing it here: How to Remove and Uninstall Windows 7,...
  9. Another set win 10 update related questions

Another set win 10 update related questions: Hello again, sorry for the spam. Is there any way I can select what updates to install? It wants to install something called A-Volute - SoftwareComponent - 1.6.1.0 - I have no idea what this is... Also is windows defender keeping itself updated outside of the mainupdate...
  10. Question re: Recovery partitions, Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question re: Recovery partitions, Macrium: My project is to clone my HDD C: to a new, larger SSD. I think I have things pretty well figured out, but I am not comfortable with the situation in my current Recovery Partition. Below is a pic of my current partitioning scheme. [img] As far as I can figure out, the...