Windows 10: Question about robocopy

Discus and support Question about robocopy in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a problem with robocopy command: i want to make a script for a backup but i only want the most recent files to be copied, i used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/timtim_212, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Question about robocopy

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with robocopy command: i want to make a script for a backup but i only want the most recent files to be copied, i used to do it with the xcopy command with /d parameter but i have some memory issues.

Here is an exemple:

xcopy "D:\Exemple" "Z:\BACKUP\PC\D\Exemple" /s /e /d /i /y It work

robocopy "D:\Exemple" "Z:\BACKUP\PC\D\Exemple" /s /e /COPYALL /maxage:1 Doesn't work

Robocopy command either copy everything or nothing, even missing files.

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/timtim_212
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/timtim_212, Mar 26, 2020

2. Symbolic link with Robocopy ?

I have a question regarding Robocopy. Is it possible to create a symbolic link with Robocopy ?

StraightWorld, Mar 26, 2020
  3. cShane Win User
    Robocopy multi-threaded copies

Thanks. I
    posted
    a question there.

Shane.

cShane, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Question about robocopy

Robocopy multi-threaded copies

We appreciate your response and the information provided, Shane! Let's check with
    IT Professionals on TechNet forum regarding your concern with Robocopy. We suggest that you post your query on this
    link. Click on
    "Ask a question" at the upper left of the page.

Regards,

Carlos

Carlos Tin, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Question about robocopy

1. Question about robocopy - Similar Threads - Question robocopy

2. question about recovering files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about recovering files: Ok so awhile back I saw a video explaining how to make a hidden folder and secure it. Basically alt+0160 and then add files into it and goto cmd and apply +s +h attributes. So at the time I thought hell thats a great idea lets hide some stuff on flash drive. So I put a bunch...
  3. question about recovering files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about recovering files: Ok so awhile back I saw a video explaining how to make a hidden folder and secure it. Basically alt+0160 and then add files into it and goto cmd and apply +s +h attributes. So at the time I thought hell thats a great idea lets hide some stuff on flash drive. So I put a bunch...
  4. question about recovering files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Robocopy formula question PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy formula question PLEASE HELP: Okay so for work, I have to copy the same folders and subfolders-there's a lot WITHOUT the files in them into a new folder for 2022. I used this formula in command prompt for work last year and it worked:robocopy "C:\Users\AdvertisingCoordinator\BoomSync\Media Buying\Clients"...
  6. Robocopy formula question PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy formula question PLEASE HELP: Okay so for work, I have to copy the same folders and subfolders-there's a lot WITHOUT the files in them into a new folder for 2022. I used this formula in command prompt for work last year and it worked:robocopy "C:\Users\AdvertisingCoordinator\BoomSync\Media Buying\Clients"...
  7. Robocopy formula question PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. question about robocopy behavior...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    question about robocopy behavior...: I was trying to do a quick backup of my documents folder, so decided to use robocopy with the /MIR switch: robocopy C:\Users\Brian\Documents D:\Backups\X390\Current\Documents /MIR It was taking a really long time, and what I discovered is that robocopy also backed up my...
  9. Robocopy speed question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Robocopy speed question: I have 2 large files total 210 GB being copied by Robocopy between 2 external drives. Task Manager under "Disk" indicates a transfer speed of 30 MB/s. A straightforward calculation indicates that it should take 117 minutes to complete the transfer. In practice, however,...
  10. ROBOCOPY Log File Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    ROBOCOPY Log File Question: Hi Folks, I have been tinkering on and off with the Robocopy command to copy essential documents and files to an SD Card automatically, several times a day (this after my wife's laptop with SSD went belly-up and she lost her most recent work). At the moment, there is a...