Windows 10: Question about S mode!

Discus and support Question about S mode! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to download adobe software on my HP laptop but anytime i try to download it I get a message that I will have to switch out of S mode first.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mel_305, Sep 14, 2021.

1. mel_305 Win User

Question about S mode!

I am trying to download adobe software on my HP laptop but anytime i try to download it I get a message that I will have to switch out of S mode first. Is switching out of S mode a good idea? What happens if I switch out of S mode and will it effect the functionality of the way my laptop runs?Thanks in advance!

:)

mel_305, Sep 14, 2021

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Question about S mode!

BIOS VIDEO MODES Question *

Hello folks !

I would like to ask if the LIST of VIDEO MODES supported by any VGA/SVGA BIOS is an **arbitrary choice** . . . or if the list of modes can be changed/added at will and if so, how.

Also, given today's high powered vga hardware, suppose I desired something called VESA MODE 104h to be available in the vga bios. Would that stress the internal hardware unnecessarily, do you think ??

thanks,
    Dan

dan nelles, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Question about S mode!

1. Question about S mode! - Similar Threads - Question mode

2. Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”: I took the time to write a serious question regarding why I no longer have access to my laptop or my apps and I dont even see the question. I guess questions are censored. Wanted to know how in one day after update I can't use my laptop? Any help on this? Truly disappointing!...
  3. Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”: I took the time to write a serious question regarding why I no longer have access to my laptop or my apps and I dont even see the question. I guess questions are censored. Wanted to know how in one day after update I can't use my laptop? Any help on this? Truly disappointing!...
  4. Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”: I took the time to write a serious question regarding why I no longer have access to my computer or my apps and I dont even see the question. I guess questions are censored. Wanted to know how in one day after update I can't use my laptop? Any help on this? Truly...
  5. Question about Microsoft Family Mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about Microsoft Family Mode: I have a question about Microsoft Family mode. If the child is using a website, will the parent be able to see what they’re doing on the website or just the website itself? Ex:if a child is using discord, will the parents be able to see the servers they are on?...
  6. Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...: Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in my bag for 4 hours and I didn't notice if it would damage it...
  7. Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...

Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...: Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in my bag for 4 hours and I didn't notice if it would damage it...
  8. Windows 11 S mode - antivirus question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 11 S mode - antivirus question: Just got a PC with Windows 11 S mode. I understand its running security in the background. However, I have a hard drive to plug in and I want to scan it. Any way to do a quick scan or doesn't it work like that? Just want to make sure the hard drive is virus free....
  9. Questions on S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions on S Mode: Hi all,I have one of my devices running on S Mode, my question is does this protect your device like the active/real-time protection you receive from a non-Microsoft antivirus program? Also, if I wanted to run a scan manually will I be able to do this, I could not find any...
  10. Questions on S Mode

Questions on S Mode: Hi all,I have one of my devices running on S Mode, my question is does this protect your device like the active/real-time protection you receive from a non-Microsoft antivirus program? Also, if I wanted to run a scan manually will I be able to do this, I could not find any...