Windows 10: Question about Samsung display driver update

Discus and support Question about Samsung display driver update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows update for several months now has failed to install a Samsung display driver on my Asus laptop. It always fails with the same message:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zBernie, Oct 15, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

Question about Samsung display driver update

Windows update for several months now has failed to install a Samsung display driver on my Asus laptop. It always fails with the same message:

Windows Update

Error Encountered

A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.

Is there any way to prevent Windows update from continually trying and failing to install this driver?

:)

zBernie, Oct 15, 2020

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Question about Samsung display driver update - Similar Threads - Question Samsung display

2. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  3. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  4. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. questions about biometric drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    questions about biometric drivers: Okay, so I just got an eikon mini fingerprint reader. I plugged it in, and its driver doesn't install. When I attempt to locate a driver, I found a bunch of old and depreciated links that don't go anywhere. I would like to know if there is any generic driver that I could use...
  6. Question about Windows Driver System Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Windows Driver System Update: Hi so every few minutes my antivirus system, AVG, goes off with this message: http://prntscr.com/pv3ida I followed the folder path and it led me to this http://prntscr.com/pv3ihw Should I attempt to delete these files or make an exception in AVG? AVG's deep virus scan did...
  7. Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup: Every time Ive done a clean install, after the Welcome Screen appears, I always immediately get a Searching for Display driver notification popup saying screen resolution, performance and battery life may be reduced until a compatible driver has finished installing. The popup...
  8. Question about update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about update: I am a non- insider and I installed .113 build from uupdump.. I checked for updates to get onto .116 build but I got KB4497936. Did anyone else get this update? Why didn't I get the .116 update? 132936
  9. Question about updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about updates: I installed Win 10 Home which is build 10240. After installing some updates, it's still showing v. 10240 while Microsoft has released build 10565. Do I have to do a re-install to get the latest fixes and features? 26756
  10. Questions about driver troubleshooting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about driver troubleshooting.: If I were to say that I accidentally uninstalled one of my "PCI-to-PCI Bridge" drivers, would Windows be able to re-install them? This question is asked just in case something like this happened in the future. [img] Any input would appreciated. 23020