Windows 10: Question about searchapp.exe.

Discus and support Question about searchapp.exe. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I had a problem with the window search bar after updating on 14th of September and tried to do couple of things to fix it. I realized that... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Alexander Kwon, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Question about searchapp.exe.

Hello,

I had a problem with the window search bar after updating on 14th of September and tried to do couple of things to fix it.

I realized that searchUI.exe is missing in my system and tried to get it. Instead I see searchapp.exe and the search bar works.

Is this a valid exe. file and okay to use? I am concerned about virus.

Thank you.

From Alex Minchul Kwon.

:)

Alexander Kwon, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Question about searchapp.exe.

I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Question about searchapp.exe.

1. Question about searchapp.exe. - Similar Threads - Question searchapp exe

2. Question about CMD.exe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about CMD.exe?: Hello I was bored looking for things on Youtube which is quasi cmd.exe, I didn't really itch at that time, but let's talk about the topic of hacking! I can't imagine that this is legal to teach others in videos how to find out the IP on websites, is the exe for this so that...
  3. Question about robocopy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about robocopy: Hi everyone, I have a problem with robocopy command: i want to make a script for a backup but i only want the most recent files to be copied, i used to do it with the xcopy command with /d parameter but i have some memory issues. Here is an exemple: xcopy "D:\Exemple"...
  4. Question about Youwall.com

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Youwall.com: Hi All, I hope this is the correct place to ask this question. I have 2 monitors on my desktop with Windows 10 Pro latest build. I noticed this morning up in the top right corner of the 2nd monitor I seen a little bubble with the words :Youwall.com" , After a min it...
  5. Question about usr

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about usr: Why is there a User and usr folder? what is the used of usr? 144341
  6. A question about passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A question about passwords: Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install. Passwords Correct me if I am wrong, but we are supposed to have a password for every site we use. We are not supposed to write those passwords...
  7. Question About downloads.cnet.com

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question About downloads.cnet.com: Some time ago I stopped trusting downloads.cnet.com because of the first 3 programs I downloaded from them, two of them triggered alerts from ESET Antivirus when I launched the installers. More recently I decided to try them again as a last resort, and ESET blocked the last 3...
  8. Question about Securom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Securom: So I've upgraded to Windows 10 awhile ago now and I've really been enjoying the new OS. However I have an older game that is having some problems running. I would roll back to Windows 8.1 but that option is no longer available to me in the settings under update and recovery...
  9. Question about KB4090913

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about KB4090913: Hi All, A few days ago I read a post about the update KB4090914 and decided to check out and see if any updates were pending for my system(s). It picked up the KB4090913 and downloaded and installed. After the reboot it flashed a message from the bottom right corner that a...
  10. Question about a System.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about a System.exe: I noticed today listed in "Startup" (in Task Manager) a System.exe that to be honest i am not sure if it was there before. I checked it and is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup I let me disable it, but no rename it...