Windows 10: Question about secure boot.

Discus and support Question about secure boot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I disable secure boot for some time and enable it again ? As i want to run a portable distro on my machine btw I am on a dell PC. So will disabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Robin Philip, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Question about secure boot.

Can I disable secure boot for some time and enable it again ? As i want to run a portable distro on my machine btw I am on a dell PC. So will disabling and enabling secure boot affect my PC in anyway ? Will it mess up windows ?

:)

Robin Philip, Aug 19, 2021

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Aug 19, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Aug 19, 2021
  4. Question about secure boot.

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

I would appreciate your list of other OS's implementing this feature. Thanks.

Damn_Smooth, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

Question about secure boot.

1. Question about secure boot. - Similar Threads - Question secure boot

2. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update: I only just learned that the next wave of mitigations for CVE-2023-24932 are coming out tomorrow/April 9th, and that this update will be applied automatically by Windows Updatewill this be its own update, or will it be included in the Cumulative Update for...
  3. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update: I only just learned that the next wave of mitigations for CVE-2023-24932 are coming out tomorrow/April 9th, and that this update will be applied automatically by Windows Updatewill this be its own update, or will it be included in the Cumulative Update for...
  4. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  5. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  6. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. What is Secure Boot? Questions about Memtest86

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Secure Boot? Questions about Memtest86: I have a few questions about Secure Boot and Memtest86: What is Secure Boot? If I accidentally downloaded a virus instead of Memtest86 and tried to run it on a bootable USB does Secure Boot stop it or can it get control over my whole PC? If I understand MS documentation...
  8. A question about security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about security: So, first of all sorry for asking this question again but. Recently I upgraded to the Fall update for Windows 10, and ditched Avast as I feel it used to be a great software but not anymore sadly. So the main question is, if you guys could suggest a software that is good...
  9. Question About Browser Security

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Browser Security: My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite browser, but after testing the sites other features, a question occurred to me. Are there likely to be any security issues...
  10. Question about Windows 10 UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Windows 10 UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot: So, basically if we have a computer that doesn't have a UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot, then we can't upgrade to Windows 10? Am I right or wrong here? 4913