Windows 10: Question about server domain and Windows 7

Discus and support Question about server domain and Windows 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is the difference if I create a folder and share it in my Windows 7 (workstation) and if I do the same thing in my server (domain controller)? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cyman, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Cyman Win User

Question about server domain and Windows 7

What is the difference if I create a folder and share it in my Windows 7 (workstation) and if I do the same thing in my server (domain controller)?

I created a folder in my domain controller(windows server) and I gave this folder full control to everyone.
    After that I log in to a user in my Windows 7 and I don't see the folder at all!

What is the problem?

What are the cases for sharing in domain controller and in Windows 7?

Thanks.

:)

Cyman, Apr 8, 2019

2. Question for some1 with windows domain knowledge

I know there isnt a whole lot of server admins here, but I thought I would ask.

At my work we had our office domain server go down due to windows corruption. Since they have still been able to login to their accounts using the server that went down. So they picked the ADMIN domain in the their drop down list.

Now that i'm rebuilding the ADMIN server I want to make sure they can use the same accounts and still have all of their my documents data and such. I want to know where is their ADMIN user data and authentication being kept. Would it be the other domain on the network? or on their local machines?

Note* there is no trust setup from what i can tell between the two servers. And their accounts dont exist in active directory on the other server.

Any help is appreciated

Hybrid_theory, Apr 8, 2019
  3. sammy Win User
    Question:- How to add client to domain from domain controller side?

Hi Guys,

-I have domain called lab.com created on virtual machine Windows Server 2008
    -I have added a client machine Linux machine rhel6 to domain lab.com in /etc/host file
    -I am able to ping DC from linux machine by IP and hostname .
    But from DC I can only ping Linux machine by IP address and not by its hostname "rhel61.lab.com"

I don't want to add linux machine entry to DC's hosts file as it is DC so it should resolve it

But I wish to know what step or doings I am missing from DC side that I am not able to ping linux machine by its hostname.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

sammy, Apr 8, 2019
  4. sammy Win User

Linux machine in Domain configured on Windows Server 2008?

Hi Guys,

Can I post technical questions here?

Like how to add Linux machine in Domain configured on Windows Server 2008?

Thanks

sammy, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Question about server domain and Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Question server domain

2. Probably something everyone knows, but... a question about domains

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Probably something everyone knows, but... a question about domains: So I work for an organization that has a Domain structure through AD. One problem I've noticed for at least a decade that I know of is if a PC gets knock out of the domain, say in another location that's a few hundred miles away for me to get to, I can't log in to fix the...
  3. Probably something everyone knows, but... a question about domains

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Probably something everyone knows, but... a question about domains: So I work for an organization that has a Domain structure through AD. One problem I've noticed for at least a decade that I know of is if a PC gets knock out of the domain, say in another location that's a few hundred miles away for me to get to, I can't log in to fix the...
  4. Probably something everyone knows, but... a question about domains

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Question about kms servers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about kms servers: So I want to activate windows 10 with a kms server key. I found this website that has an explanation and it seems legit but I just want to ask If anyone knows if this is legit/ if it works because it is so darned complicated to set up a kms server. Also could this install a...
  6. Questions about SQL Server Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about SQL Server Updates: Hi, I have some questions about installing updates for SQL Server. I have read from this website. It say SQL Server updates are available through Microsoft Update. Below is the URL....
  7. Question about server domain and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about server domain and Windows 7: What is the difference if I create a folder and share it in my Windows 7 (workstation) and if I do the same thing in my server (domain controller)? I created a folder in my domain controller(windows server) and I gave this folder full control to everyone. After that I log in...
  8. Question about reverting to windows 7 and reactivating.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about reverting to windows 7 and reactivating.: Hi all, ill try to explain as clearly as i can. 1. I had an SSD with Windows 7 (legit), i upgraded it to Windows 10 without any problems. 2. I bought a bigger SSD and did a clean install of Windows 10 and it was still activated, as it should be. 3. I then bought a whole...
  9. Questions about dual boot with Windows 10 and Windows 7

Questions about dual boot with Windows 10 and Windows 7: Hello TenForums, first post from a forum lurker new to Windows 10. I've been using Windows 7 Home for years and found Sevenforums very helpful just like this forum. I have read this thread and other tutorials about this topic on other sites/blogs and still have a few question...
  10. Question about reverting back to Windows 7

Question about reverting back to Windows 7: Hi to all forum members. I have just now upgraded my Windows 7 Acer Aspire 5542G laptop to Windows 10. I do know that I can revert back to Windows 7 and then re-activate Windows 10 at a later date. My question is, if I do revert back to Windows 7 then do a factory reset on my...