Windows 10: Question about sorting files

Discus and support Question about sorting files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So over the years I have took a ton of photos but I have been lazy and never sorted them so they are all on my PC mixed up anyway I am sorting them now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Exiled Mystique, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Question about sorting files

So over the years I have took a ton of photos but I have been lazy and never sorted them so they are all on my PC mixed up anyway I am sorting them now but as I click each file while Ctrl to pick multiple at times the PC starts copying the selected files which is making this take longer I get its a windows thing as I tried my other PCthe question is can I stop the PC doing that while I do this is there an option somewhere in windows to turn it off

:)

Exiled Mystique, Jul 5, 2021
  2. cereberus Win User

Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Jul 5, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Question about sorting files

sorting jpg files

Hi

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you let us know, are you trying to sort in files in Explorer or Photos app?

If you are sorting in explorer, follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Open the folder in which files are stored.
    2. Right click on empty space of window.
    3. Select Sort by and click on
      Type

If you are trying to sort in Photos app by extension, we would suggest you to provide your feedback in
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
    as there is no option available to sort by extension in the app. However you can sort by Modified, Newest, Oldest, and Alphabetical.

If you want to look only for the files with .jpg extension in photos app, you may type
    *.jpg in the search bar.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

Question about sorting files

1. Question about sorting files - Similar Threads - Question sorting files

2. a question about a PhotosApp file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a question about a PhotosApp file: i found a file after searching “photos” in my file explorer and found a file called PhotosApp. it’s an .etl file and was created on the 5th of april this year. what is it? do i need to be concerned? i’m concerned it’s my personal photos from my iphone because i plugged my...
  3. Sort of a dumb question (????)

Sort of a dumb question (????): So I recently got a M2 ssd, I want to boot windows using it. Should I restart the entire pc and then install windows there or I can simply transfer it form my normal ssd that it is where it's currently installed? I feel like it would go wrong so that's why i'm asking. (By...
  4. Sort of a confusing question...

Sort of a confusing question...: Is there any way that I can create a folder that can't alter any other files that are outside of that same folder that he is in? Sorry for my bad english submitted by /u/yplusz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdgq6k/sort_of_a_confusing_question/
  5. Question About a File in Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question About a File in Windows: I Found A file in C/users/<username>/appdata/local named recently-used.xbel Whats This Can u please tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-a-file-in-windows/e9500079-af96-4dda-88a4-0483da26e62c
  6. Question about File History

Question about File History: I have recently started using File History. It works well, in the background, with no problems. I have recovered files, also with no problems. I have a very large folder 138 GB which it skips, even though it's on the list of files to back up. Is there any limitation to...
  7. Question about Onedrive deleting files?

Question about Onedrive deleting files?: I have a folder of work files that I just copy to Onedrive so I can access them from my other PC’s. When I update that folder I just want to delete it from Onedrive and recopy the entire folder. When I delete that folder will Onedrive try to delete the folder or files on my...
  8. A question about the prefetch files

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about the prefetch files: What happens when you remove the prefetch files? Does this cause the system to stop? 94945
  9. Question about dump files

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about dump files: Hi , is there does anyone knows how can i translate my sistem information and dump files to english ? I'm trying to fix these BSOD problems im having but i cant get the help i need because my information is in spanish sadly. If anyone could lend me a hand i would...
  10. Question about file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about file explorer: Have recently opgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10. Most works fine, except the new file explorer. When I open a map, in the navigation panel on the left side, I have a list of maps, files, quick access, libraries, network links, recent maps and files etc etc. What I...