Windows 10: Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update.

Discus and support Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm the owner of my pc but use the Standard User Account for everything. I wanted to know if there was a way to make a program such as Steam or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ravenomega, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update.

I'm the owner of my pc but use the Standard User Account for everything. I wanted to know if there was a way to make a program such as Steam or Battlenet to not ask for an admin password everytime they update? Thanks

submitted by /u/ravenomega
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ravenomega, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

admin & standard user accounts

Hi Pub Fan,

You can create a new user account on your computer and set is as an administrator. Follow the steps provided on this

page
    . Once you have added a new administrator account, you can change the account type of the original user profile to standard. You can also remove the password for the original account using the new one. Here are the steps:

• Sign in to the new user account.
    • Go to Control Panel.
    • Open User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the old user profile.
    • Select Change the password.
    • Without typing anything in the password fields, click on Change password.
    You will not lose any passwords for your internet sites after applying the changes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Ruz San, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that after making your Admin account as a Standard user account, you are unable to perform any task that requires admin access. We would like to inform you that if we make an Admin account as a Standard account, we would not be able to
    perform Admin tasks, to do so we will need permission from the Admin account.

As you have mentioned that, you have another Admin account on the computer, we can use the other account to change the account type of your account. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to the computer using the second account.
    2. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    3. Type netplwiz and click on
      OK
    4. Now, double click on your user account and click on
      Group Membership tab.
    5. Select Administrator and click on
      OK (Twice).

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update.

Admin accounts

Yes.

An admin, if they try to browse the user folder of any other user (standard or admin) will be told they don't have access, but will be offered permanent access if they wish by clicking Continue. You won't accidentally stumble across her files, but you could look for them if you were determined. Can she trust you (or can you trust yourself) not to click Continue?

Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update. [​IMG]

Even signed in as an admin, most of the time you are running processes or apps as a standard user anyway. Only when you try to do something that requires admin rights will you be asked (as in the folder example above) if you want to use your admin privileges. The 'harm' would be if you click 'Yes' on a UAC prompt before taking the time to think about what it is that you'd be allowing to run.

Bree, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update.

1. Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update. - Similar Threads - Question Standard User

2. Uninstall a program from my standard account but not on my admin account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall a program from my standard account but not on my admin account.: Additional details :I basically have two accounts on my laptop, admin account for gaming and standard account for study.I have Steam, Discord, Spotify etc... installed on my Admin account, but the problem is that I am also able to access them from my standard account. I...
  3. Uninstall a program from my standard account but not on my admin account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall a program from my standard account but not on my admin account.: Additional details :I basically have two accounts on my laptop, admin account for gaming and standard account for study.I have Steam, Discord, Spotify etc... installed on my Admin account, but the problem is that I am also able to access them from my standard account. I...
  4. UAC thinks standard user account is an Admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC thinks standard user account is an Admin: In our domain, user accounts are not Admins and Admin accounts have no access to the internet. Brilliant right? Except it makes it troublesome to install that software that requires both Admin rights AND internet access with the same account. My work-around for this has been...
  5. Question about user accounts/security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about user accounts/security: Windows recommends a standard user account. All these years I have been installing and using the main default account you create when you fresh install windows 10. I heard that this is possibly not safe? I know there is a hidden "Administrator" account and I assumed that was...
  6. Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Admin password on a standard user account??: I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might have had a error in my pass word because I can no longer log into that account. I did create another account that I was...
  7. question about a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about a program: Does anyone know for sure if i am using vpn or proxy servers on one computer and not the other could a 3rd party know they were linked because of this app. i was playing a game and igot banned for using an autoclicker so i played by hand and gotbanned again turns out they ban...
  8. About accounts: Admin/Standard user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    About accounts: Admin/Standard user?: I just did a clean install of W10 for a friend. I havent set up a fresh install of 10 and am familar with the structure of accounts in W7> So. Clarify for me the "rights" of accounts(that i set up) in W10 Do they have adminstrator rights? Plan was to set up and Admin account...
  9. Admin Password with Standard User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Password with Standard User: I don't know the admin password and I have a standard account! Can someone please help me?????????????!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-with-standard-user/69ab0540-cab7-4199-b339-04cb7d920478
  10. Downgrading from a local Admin Account to a Standard User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Downgrading from a local Admin Account to a Standard User Account?: After reinstalling Windows 10, I created a local Admin user account just enough for me to install some apps and set things up. After that, I created another local Admin account. Now, I need to downgrade my current Admin account (which I created during setup) to a Standard...