Windows 10: Question about starting a program as a windows service

Discus and support Question about starting a program as a windows service in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I hope someone can help. I created a windows service to start speedfan when Windows starts and it works fine except there is no tray icon after it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by intro, Dec 1, 2017.

1. intro Win User

Question about starting a program as a windows service

I hope someone can help. I created a windows service to start speedfan when Windows starts and it works fine except there is no tray icon after it starts. Does anyone know how to get the tray icon to show when it starts. I did go to the obvious place in taskbar settings. That didn't work. Thx for any help BTW I'n using Windows 10 Pro Fall Creator's Update english 64 bit

:)

intro, Dec 1, 2017

2. Question about installing Windows 10 as a previous Windows Insider before the Official Release

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in response.

Unfortunately, Windows 10 or any Windows OS is not transferable to another drive. However, if you Windows 10 is already activated and then you install Windows 10 on another drive, it should get activated.

Please refer to the below article” Why can't I activate Windows 10?” go through section “Hardware Changes” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Question about installing Windows 10 as a previous Windows Insider before the Official Release

Hello, I have a question. I signed up as an insider and tried Windows 10 insider preview before its official release. However, things have changed and I reverted back to windows 7. I don't want to upgrade cause I want to do fresh installation , as an Insider
    they said that you can have a free subscription of windows 10 for a year( not sure if this is exactly correct ) if you signed up for the windows insider preview and you still wanted to remain as an insider. My question is, How can I install Windows 10 as a
    clean install without upgrading and where can I get my product key ?

Michael JohnNunag, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Question about starting a program as a windows service

Have you set it up to start minimized and minimize on close?

TairikuOkami, Dec 1, 2017
  5. intro Win User
    Thx for responding but I have those checked. If I start speedfan manually (not as a service) of course the icon is there but not when it starts as a service. The reason I start it as a service and not task scheduler (which would show the icon) is because it takes forever to start as a task but starts instantly as a service.

intro, Dec 1, 2017
  6. intro Win User
    nevermind I figured out how to do it

intro, Dec 1, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    How?

cereberus, Dec 1, 2017
  8. intro Win User

I left the service configuration alone but put in a reference to the speedfan.exe file into Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Just added it as a string value

intro, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Question about starting a program as a windows service - Similar Threads - Question starting program

2. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  3. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  4. Question about a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about a program: I was looking through microsoft and different things about a pc and I came across a program called Winaero. Do any of you know if that is a safe and legit program to download and use? Thanks in advance...
  5. Question about Windows fresh start.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows fresh start.: I want to know which files might get deleted from this feature. Will this affect my steam installations if they are not installed in c drive? Will this affect the files in documents and downloads folder? I have several softwares installed which are not from the windows app...
  6. question about a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about a program: Does anyone know for sure if i am using vpn or proxy servers on one computer and not the other could a 3rd party know they were linked because of this app. i was playing a game and igot banned for using an autoclicker so i played by hand and gotbanned again turns out they ban...
  7. Question about a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about a program: I just want to know if www.ammyy.com is reliable or not when transferring data from one computer to another and keep a copy of the files at the company that manufactured the software...
  8. Question about Superfetch Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Superfetch Service: Hi. My Desktop is an HP Windows 10 Home with Intel i5 7th gen processor and 12GB Ram. A while back I found that Superfetch caused 100% Disk usage which slowed down the computer to a crawl. After doing some research on this issue I decided to Disable the service. Today I did...
  9. A question about service updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A question about service updates: Lately I have been getting pop ups outside of active hours that say something like updates are available do you wish to restart you computer? If I restart my computer and go to windows update it says kb4074588 available and awaiting restart (for example). My question is why...
  10. Question about old programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about old programs.: Hi! I'm a little confused, just started using Win10. I noticed there's a Windows.old folder with everything from before the upgrade, I've been saving some files from there but just when I need to do some serious cleaning with, say, CCleaner, it just analyzes my notebook...