Windows 10: Question about static charge

Discus and support Question about static charge in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I really understand the harm of static charge because a few months ago my good 4TB internal hard drive was damaged in no time because of the charge. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tsw88, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Question about static charge

I really understand the harm of static charge because a few months ago my good 4TB internal hard drive was damaged in no time because of the charge. I remember that I felt a sudden short-term slight shock on my finger and then the hard drive didn't work. It takes forever to read when it's connected to the external enclosure.

Unpainted metal surface is all I know about. Practically where can I find unpainted metal surface? is a binder clip fine? Do I need to connect the binder clip to anything to make sure it's "grounded"?

Question about static charge 41RARl%2BonWL._SX425_.jpg

:)

Tsw88, Mar 5, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Can't connect to internet with computer set with static IP

My guess is that you made a typing mistake, e.g. typing 192.186 instead of 192.168. If this is not the case then I suggest this:

• Set the machine to DHCP.
    • Check if you can ping your other machines.
    • Mark and copy the command below with Ctrl+C.
    • Press the Windows key+R
    • Press Ctrl+V, then Enter.
    • Repeat steps 2 to 5 for a static address.
    • Post the results of Step 2 (twice!) plus the contents of the desktop file IP.txt.

cmd.exe /c ipconfig /all >> "%UserProfile%"\Desktop\IP.txt"

Frederik Long, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Question about static charge

Static IP on Lumia 950.

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if the features to apply static IP is available in your device.

• Navigate to settings.
    • Search or navigate to “Wi-Fi”.
    • Scroll all the way down and tap “static ip”.
    • Turn on “Configure network settings manually”.
    • Key in the IP address, subnet mask and other details

Note: Do remember that your router / DHCP should support allocating static IP for this feature to work.

If the above feature is not available then your model may not support the same.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Question about static charge

1. Question about static charge - Similar Threads - Question static charge

2. Question about Battery Health Optimizer/Smart Charging!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Battery Health Optimizer/Smart Charging!!: Can i always leave my laptop connected with Battery Health Optimizer//Smart Charging on, or should I discharge it to 50% often during the day? And can I play games with this option or is it better to disable it during gaming sessionbecause if enable is more like gaming on...
  3. Question about Battery Health Optimizer/Smart Charging!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Battery Health Optimizer/Smart Charging!!: Can i always leave my laptop connected with Battery Health Optimizer//Smart Charging on, or should I discharge it to 50% often during the day? And can I play games with this option or is it better to disable it during gaming sessionbecause if enable is more like gaming on...
  4. I have a question about a recurring charge on my credit card

I have a question about a recurring charge on my credit card: There is a recurring charge on my account and I don’t believe it is an authorized charge. Need to verify. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-question-about-a-recurring-charge-on-my/6ef58f09-3168-4429-8f28-0c2ce142057a
  5. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  6. A question about DHCP and static IP

A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  7. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. About Battery Charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    About Battery Charging: My sony vaio E series laptop cant charged fully means 100 percent. It is only charged upto 80 percent. please get the solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-battery-charging/b0361ff8-5204-4524-a0c9-1c0d15c84189
  9. Bill charge question

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bill charge question: I received a charge to my CC account recently for $21.24 to MS. The description says “One Month”. How can I double check if this is a legitimate charge? I don’s see any items listed as purchases or subscriptions when i log in....
  10. Question about static charge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about static charge: I really understand the harm of static charge because a few months ago my good 4TB internal hard drive was damaged in no time because of the charge. I remember that I felt a sudden short-term slight shock on my finger and then the hard drive didn't work. It takes forever to...