Windows 10: Question about steps to follow when replacing motherboard and CPU, keep existing Windows10...

Discus and support Question about steps to follow when replacing motherboard and CPU, keep existing Windows10... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HelloI'm planning to replace my motherboard and new Ryzan 5 5500 CPU. My current motherboard BIOS and CPU won't support Windows11. I hope to upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SB_863, Jun 1, 2023.

1. SB_863 Win User

Question about steps to follow when replacing motherboard and CPU, keep existing Windows10...

HelloI'm planning to replace my motherboard and new Ryzan 5 5500 CPU. My current motherboard BIOS and CPU won't support Windows11. I hope to upgrade eventually to Windows11 once I upgrade the motherboad and the CPU.I would like to keep my SATA HDD running WIndows10 10.0.19045 Build 19045. Is this possible without having to reinstall?If so then the next question is - what are the steps to follow to accomplish this? Are there any guidelines to follow or any precautionary measures to take to make this a successful switch. Thank you.Sanjay

:)

SB_863, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

Question about steps to follow when replacing motherboard and CPU, keep existing Windows10...

1. Question about steps to follow when replacing motherboard and CPU, keep existing Windows10... - Similar Threads - Question steps follow

2. Question about steps to follow when replacing motherboard and CPU, keep existing Windows10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about steps to follow when replacing motherboard and CPU, keep existing Windows10...: HelloI'm planning to replace my motherboard and new Ryzan 5 5500 CPU. My current motherboard BIOS and CPU won't support Windows11. I hope to upgrade eventually to Windows11 once I upgrade the motherboad and the CPU.I would like to keep my SATA HDD running WIndows10 10.0.19045...
  3. Question about steps to follow when replacing motherboard and CPU, keep existing Windows10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about steps to follow when replacing motherboard and CPU, keep existing Windows10...: HelloI'm planning to replace my motherboard and new Ryzan 5 5500 CPU. My current motherboard BIOS and CPU won't support Windows11. I hope to upgrade eventually to Windows11 once I upgrade the motherboad and the CPU.I would like to keep my SATA HDD running WIndows10 10.0.19045...
  4. replacing motherboard PIN question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing motherboard PIN question: On my nieces computer the login screen only has 1 option. PIN. There is no option to login with password. Once logged into windows I choose sign in options. We only get PIN as option. Repair shop said to remove pin. Im afraid to remove pin since then there is no other option...
  5. replacing motherboard PIN question

replacing motherboard PIN question: On my nieces computer the login screen only has 1 option. PIN. There is no option to login with password. Once logged into windows I choose sign in options. We only get PIN as option. Repair shop said to remove pin. Im afraid to remove pin since then there is no other option...
  6. "driver verifier dma violation" on bootup following motherboard and CPU replacement. The...

"driver verifier dma violation" on bootup following motherboard and CPU replacement. The...: I get a "driver verifier dma violation" BSOD on bootup following motherboard and CPU replacement. After a few seconds, the computer reboots and repeats. The SSD hard drive will boot up on another PC, so I am pretty sure that the drive works.The MB, CPU, Video card, & memory...
  7. "driver verifier dma violation" on bootup following motherboard and CPU replacement. The...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "driver verifier dma violation" on bootup following motherboard and CPU replacement. The...: I get a "driver verifier dma violation" BSOD on bootup following motherboard and CPU replacement. After a few seconds, the computer reboots and repeats. The SSD hard drive will boot up on another PC, so I am pretty sure that the drive works.The MB, CPU, Video card, & memory...
  8. "driver verifier dma violation" on bootup following motherboard and CPU replacement. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Replace motherboard - steps to consider.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace motherboard - steps to consider.: What steps should you consider when/before replacing the motherboard? Should old chipset drivers etc be unisntalled prior to the swap? What about the TPM? If this has been enabled does it need to backed up or disabled before the swap? 176937
  10. Replacing Motherboard Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing Motherboard Questions: I'm replacing/upgrading my motherboard and have some questions about it. Right now I'm still on W10 1511 and want to do a clean install of the AU 1607 when I'm replacing the MB. The new motherboard is UEFI capable, and I want my clean install of W10 to be UEFI. My present MB...