Windows 10: Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines

Discus and support Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I tried searching for an answer but I could not find one. I'm trying to figure out if I combine some hard drives and create a storage space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/prjoni99, May 27, 2020.

1. Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines

Hello,

I tried searching for an answer but I could not find one. I'm trying to figure out if I combine some hard drives and create a storage space will these drives be accessible from a Linux or macOS partition?

Thank you!!

submitted by /u/prjoni99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/prjoni99, May 27, 2020

2. Any way to downgrade ver. of MS Storage spaces volume w/o data loss?

1. Install Windows 1607 & 1709 dual boot system
    2. Connect two free disks
    3. Boot into 1607
    4. Create storage pool, assign two free disks, create two-way mirror volume
    5. Copy data to new volume
    6. Reboot into 1709
    7. Upgrade your Storage Space pool to gain new features as MS suggests
    8. Reboot into 1607
    9. Your Storage Space configuration looks now as in the picture, volume is inaccessible
    10. Notice that doing step 7 was not the smartest idea, data are now accessible only from Windows 1709.

Question: Is it possible to simply revert Storage Spaces metadata back to version 1607? Answer: No. It is necessary to backup data, destroy upgraded pool, create new pool & mirror in Windows 1607, and restore data.

Is it so hard to understand what necros asks for?

muchomurka, May 27, 2020
  3. dmkkg Win User
    Upgrading on a dual boot machine

I have a dual boot machine with Windows 7 and 8.1. Both installions are entitled to receive the free upgrade. Is it possible to have a dual boot machine with two installations of windows 10?

dmkkg, May 27, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines

1. Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines - Similar Threads - Question storage spaces

2. Storage space question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage space question: Curious to know why I can’t expand my storage space volume. I have 8X10TB storage space array with parity. I created a 30TB volume initially and now I want to extend that drive to use more of my pool. But it gives me an error saying it cannot be extend because oh the number...
  3. Questions about Windows Storage Spaces

Questions about Windows Storage Spaces: I am planning on putting together a home built file server/NAS/Plex server system for personal use, and I am interested in using the RAID-esque qualities of Windows Storage Spaces. From what I've gather from watching YouTube videos, I gather there are three things that make...
  4. Question about dual monitors.

Question about dual monitors.: I have recently installed a second monitor to my setup. I have a 32" primary and a 28" secondary at the moment. Both of them have the same resolutions, so windows detects them as the same size, but they are not. My problem is, that when I set it on extend mode, the experience...
  5. Storage spaces question.

Storage spaces question.: I have a 15TB Array (5x3TB) Mechanical. I have a 512GB 970 Pro NVME. I want to accelerate (cache) the array with the NVME. Is this possible under 10 pro with storage spaces, or any inbuilt method? Asrock taichi X470, 2700x. submitted by /u/korelabs [link] [comments]...
  6. Question about Storage Spaces

Question about Storage Spaces: Hello. I currently use a Storage Space configuration in which I've combined 2 1TB drives into 1 storage pool with simple/no resiliency (essentially RAID 0). I'm now running out of space in this pool and was wondering if I can add a single 2 Tb drive (of another brand than...
  7. Questions about "Storage Spaces"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about "Storage Spaces": Hi everyone, I'm using Win 7 and use Disk manager to span my 5 HDD's together into one drive. Been doing this for years. I am interested in using Storage Spaces (SS) to gain the benefit of parity. I just can't find the answers to these questions. Thank for helping. 1. Are...
  8. dual boot question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual boot question: Thank you for taking the time to read this. I currently have a dual boot setup with Windows 7 and Linux Mint. The upgrade to Win 10 is ready. Will the upgrade destroy my boot sector ? If it does, will I be able to re-install Linux after upgrading to Win 10 from Windows 7?...
  9. Dual Boot question

Dual Boot question: Hi, I have set a dual boot config, on a laptop with W 7 x64 preinstalled. Laptop has one disk drive, before dual boot, with 3 primary partitions, from left to right, in Computer Management: 1. Recovery OEM primary 15 GB 2. System Reserved 100 MB primary (70 MB free)...
  10. Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?

Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?: Hi I'm planning to create a new 120 Gigabyte partition on the internal hard drive that doesn't have Windows 8 on it and then installing Windows 9 in it. I've done this several times in the past, with XP and 7, then 7 and 8, but not since the change to the UEFI bios....