Windows 10: Question about swapfile.sys

Discus and support Question about swapfile.sys in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So does inside of swapfile.sys get replace everytime ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RgolTyg, Aug 28, 2019.

1. RgolTyg Win User

Question about swapfile.sys

So does inside of swapfile.sys get replace everytime ?

:)

RgolTyg, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Victek Win User

Is it time to ditch the swapfile

This may be because swapfile.sys does not exist in Windows 7. It was introduced (or reintroduced) in Windows 8.

Hiberfil.sys, Pagefile.sys the New Swapfile.sys file in Windows 8

Victek, Aug 28, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Swapfile

Moving the swapfile to a different drive is o-l-d advice. Technology has come a long way since then. No reason for it now.

There will always be a paging file on C: because that's where application software expects it to be.

BulldogXX, Aug 28, 2019
  4. dipdas Win User

Can i open swapfile ?

Can i open swapfile, does it constantly change or not ?

dipdas, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Question about swapfile.sys - Similar Threads - Question swapfile sys

2. Question about realtek

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about realtek: was wondering if anyone would know why I would 3 Realtek HD Audio Universal Service in the task manager. I just want to know if that is normal? Here is a pic 180359
  3. Question about Roblox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Question about Roblox: Why Roblox company wont put in the nintendo switch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-roblox/26c6cbb5-9d4f-41e0-a7d8-1d8f4a0864fd
  4. Question about monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about monitors: Is it possible to use my laptop as a second monitor using a wire? I don't want to use wireless because I don't always have connection. Thanks in advance. Preferably free, but low cost should be fine. submitted by /u/Faramir_1233 [link] [comments]...
  5. Questions about tracking

in Browsers and Email
    Questions about tracking: I've started using the new Stable version of Edgeium so much that I'm thinking about switching over to it full-time. So that causes me to ask -- does MS track all the sites and URLs I use with it? IF so, is there any way to disable this? I can find lots of info about the MS...
  6. Quary about swapfile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quary about swapfile: Does Swapfile.sys file inside file Is replace after restart ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quary-about-swapfile/795c6b15-0b4e-40a9-b9ca-0607b56f0be2"
  7. Can i open swapfile ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can i open swapfile ?: Can i open swapfile, does it constantly change or not ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-open-swapfile/20df7810-b2c3-4293-9379-465f0c44e688"
  8. questions about icons

in Windows 10 Support
    questions about icons: Hi. I have two different windows 10 systems, and they display the icons in the right pane in different way. I cant find how to change them to be alike (I prefer just the icon instead the folder with the small icon) Any suggestion? Thanks 118226
  9. Question about Securom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Securom: So I've upgraded to Windows 10 awhile ago now and I've really been enjoying the new OS. However I have an older game that is having some problems running. I would roll back to Windows 8.1 but that option is no longer available to me in the settings under update and recovery...
  10. Is it time to ditch the swapfile

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it time to ditch the swapfile: The swap file was created in the early days of Windows when hardware was expensive so rather than getting a new hard drive, you had the swap file to help you out. With Windows 10 due next month, I wonder if its time to ditch the swap file and and disable it completely. 6697