Windows 10: Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation

Discus and support Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ok so i had bought a prebuildt gaming pc from cyberpowerpc it came with windows 10 and it said in the manual the key was saved in the motherboard. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mafmatics, Apr 21, 2019.

1. mafmatics Win User

Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation

Ok so i had bought a prebuildt gaming pc from cyberpowerpc it came with windows 10 and it said in the manual the key was saved in the motherboard. I recently bought a new setup i buildt myself, and the only thing i transfered over was my ssd. With the new setup it said windows 10 needed to be activated, so i bought a digital license from microsoft itself. It worked fine. Then i transfered my ssd over to my old pc cause i was seeing the difference with the my hardware in CAM (pc spec reading app). The old pc asked me to sign in with my microsoft account, i thought nothing of it. Now i put my ssd back in my new build again andit says i have to activate windows again and it wont work due to hardware changes again. If i troubleshoot it says servers are down. Do i have to contact microsoft to activate it again with the license? Also will my old pc still have that original windows key saved to the motherboard even though i put my ssd back in after buying that digital license? I want to give it to a friend. Sorry for the long post, thank you so much for the help, im new to this stuff.

:)

mafmatics, Apr 21, 2019
  2. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Can't activate win10 after installing new motherboard

Hi

I've tried to follow all the steps offered by Microsoft's help section but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I bought a new Motherboard which I installed and now I can't activate my Windows 10 again. I updated to Win10 quite a while ago, from win7 or 8. I also have a laptop with Win10 and on the laptop, it says my account is bounded to my digital activation but
    there is no digital activation on my account and I'm using the same account for both my laptop and tabletop computer.

How do I find my digital activation and how do I activate Win10 on my table top with a new MB?

Grateful for help

Kindly

Andreas

ElakaGurkan, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation

Switched motherboards, Windows activation error

I bought this license myself though, it didn't come associated with the motherboard. And when I attempt to go through the activation steps, it just tells me that the servers are down.

Jack Merhar, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation

1. Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation - Similar Threads - Question switching motherboards

2. Question about kms activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about kms activation: Hello,I had Windows 10 unactivated for a long time and a few days ago I decided to find a way to activate it. I found this video that told me to use this code in cmd prompt:slmgr.vbs /ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-*****slmgr.vbs /skms kms.lotro.ccslmgr.vbs /atoSo I used it and...
  3. Question About Account Activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question About Account Activity: I can't seem to find where to send this question to Microsoft. I keep going in documentation loops so I'll post it here: I got an email recently that said there was a request for a code to sign into my account and I don't remember making that request. It said something like...
  4. Question About Account Activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question About Account Activity: I can't seem to find where to send this question to Microsoft. I keep going in documentation loops so I'll post it here: I got an email recently that said there was a request for a code to sign into my account and I don't remember making that request. It said something like...
  5. Question about activation keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about activation keys: Im about to finish buliding my first pc, and i was looking for a cheaper method of getting the keys (i don't want to pay 100$+) where should i get cheap keys from? And are those websites trusted and safe? Or is there a way to get free keys? submitted by /u/hot_dwag [link]...
  6. Question about win10 license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about win10 license: Hello. I just bought myself a copy of Win10 Home. Shortly after I was told that it was a waste of money because Windows 10 is free. I can see that on Microsoft's site there's a download for it, but is it something you still need to purchase a key for to activate? I am a...
  7. A Question About Disk Activity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A Question About Disk Activity: Hey everyone. Just a quick question. When I open the Task Manager and look at the disk graphic in the performance tab, I can see that my main disk (which is an SSD) reads and writes every couple seconds even when I'm not running any programs. Is this normal? I know that...
  8. A Question About Disk Activity

in Windows 10 Support
    A Question About Disk Activity: Hey everyone. Just a quick question. When I open the Task Manager and look at the disk graphic in the performance tab, I can see that my main disk (which is an SSD) reads and writes every couple seconds even when I'm not running any programs. Is this normal? I know that...
  9. Motherboard Change - Win10 Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Motherboard Change - Win10 Activation: Hello! I have a small issue with activating Windows 10 Home Edition. I had an ASUS prebuild desktop (M32BF) that I fried the motherboard of (long story) so I had to replace it. The GPU, CPU, SSD, RAM (+1 new one), HDD are all the same. I tried the troubleshooter, selected...
  10. Switched motherboards, Windows activation error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switched motherboards, Windows activation error: I replaced my motherboard today and am now getting errors when trying to activate windows now. Not really sure whats wrong, I have the same SSD with Windows from my old motherboard. I'm guessing Windows ties into the motherboard itself but I am unsure on how to go about...