Windows 10: Question about sync between devices

Discus and support Question about sync between devices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have three computers, desktop with W10 Home, two laptops with W10 Pro. Which of those devices would be the host when it comes to syncing with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CmmTch, Jul 12, 2017.

1. CmmTch Win User

Question about sync between devices

I have three computers, desktop with W10 Home, two laptops with W10 Pro. Which of those devices would be the host when it comes to syncing with the other two? Does the OS being Home or Pro affect which one takes over as host?

There was a time when I had sync set to yes on all three computers, the favorites from one of the laptops ended up being set on my desktop. This cleared the original favorites that were on the desktop, substituting those with the few that were on the laptop at that time. I had a copy of my favorites backup folder from IE, and was able to recover those favorites to my desktop. First thing after that I turned sync to off.

Both laptops have far fewer favorites than the desktop which is my primary computer, I'd like to set sync to yes so all three are the same.

I use Edge now and have saved the Edge favorites, but before turning sync back on I'd prefer to have the desktop be the host and laptops be the client. Is there any way to control which device is the host?

TIA for all responses *Smile

:)

CmmTch, Jul 12, 2017
  2. Karim_HT Win User

Windows 10: How to sync IE Favorites with Edge?

Thanks Ramesh, but that does not answer my simple question: Is it possible to SYNC Internet Favorites between Edge Browse and Internet Explorer 11? It was not COPY and NOT move but simply SYNC between browsers on the same device.

Regards,

Karim_HT, Jul 12, 2017
  3. mahayv Win User
    Sync?

Hi,

There is quite good information about sync in the help section of Nokia OviSuite.

Nokia Ovi Suite > Help (on the top of the page).

here are the some of it:

About syncing
    Syncing means that you update content between different locations - for example, between your device and Nokia Ovi Suite.

By syncing content, you can keep it up to date in your device, Nokia Ovi Suite, and your data management software (such as Microsoft Outlook). And, in case you would ever happen to lose your device, having content synced keeps it safe in Nokia Ovi Suite.

For information about sync options for your device, see L:
    Modifying device sync options.

For information about syncing different Nokia Ovi Suite contents, see the following:

Br

mahayv, Jul 12, 2017
Thema:

Question about sync between devices

1. Question about sync between devices - Similar Threads - Question sync between

2. [QUESTION] About microsoft web account sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [QUESTION] About microsoft web account sync: Hi,Can someone to explain me exactly what is the purpose of sync option from microsoft account? I switched on/off and i don't see something different. I already have account sync enabled in windows and in microsoft edge. Let's say, if i disable sync option from website, in...
  3. [QUESTION] About microsoft web account sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [QUESTION] About microsoft web account sync: Hi,Can someone to explain me exactly what is the purpose of sync option from microsoft account? I switched on/off and i don't see something different. I already have account sync enabled in windows and in microsoft edge. Let's say, if i disable sync option from website, in...
  4. A question about Optimzing device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A question about Optimzing device: Since I'm using SSD in my laptop I read an article and turned off the default device defrag and optimization. Recently I read another article which suggests keeping the schedule optimization turned on as windows don't defrag SSD rather does some kind of optimization. Now I am...
  5. How to UN Sync Background Displays between devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to UN Sync Background Displays between devices: Every time my son changes his desktop display background, it changes on my laptop background picture as well. How do I stop that from happening - How do we separate our devices so this does not keep happening?...
  6. Question about Find My Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Find My Device: Before we begin, I want to just put this out there, that I'm not stupid, so please don't assume so by telling me to go to the police, as this already was taken to them. But being in the situation we're in and the city telling the populace that they weren't pursuing people for...
  7. Windows 10 Sync Between Devices Not Working

Windows 10 Sync Between Devices Not Working: I have a windows 10 laptop, sync is turned on in Settings and in Edge browser I bought a new laptop, signed in to windows with the same account, turned on all the sync settings New laptop will not sync to match the existing laptop windows settings I've spent 4 hours...
  8. About Sync...

About Sync...: We own 2 laptops. One of them I control and the other is used controlled by the other person. I would like to have my WORD documents sync onto the other laptop, but I don't necessarily want everything else to sync. Right now both laptops are set up as if they are both...
  9. App settings sync between devices?

App settings sync between devices?: Hi, In win 8 if I made a change to a setting in mail or IE or added a favourite this information would sync to my other devices so everything was identical with Mail or Edge in 10, they seem to run totally independent on my machine, no settings or favourites get synced,...
  10. Sync Alarms between Devices?

Sync Alarms between Devices?: Is it possible for me to sync alarms on the Windows Alarm clock between devices? For example, for me to set an alarm up on my tablet, and have it ring on my phone? 96144