Windows 10: Question about SYSPREP

Discus and support Question about SYSPREP in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I use sysprep and make one image for multiple PCs with different hardware and drivers. any suggestions on what to use. 120650 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frunobulax, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Question about SYSPREP

Can I use sysprep and make one image for multiple PCs with different hardware and drivers. any suggestions on what to use.

:)

Frunobulax, Oct 28, 2018
  2. John Ado Win User

SysPrep Advice

Hi Joseph,

The topic that you raised is beyond the scope of support for this site which focuses more on home and personal end users. Here's what I found about SysPrep:

However these are old articles and the process may have been changed already. You may re-post this question in

TechNet Forums
    for further assistance.

All the best.

John Ado, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 1709 sysprep fail

Hi,

I had the same problem, checked the logs and they basically said Windows was unable to remove the Miracast app.

Tried multiple suggestions, nothing worked until I found this:

Failed to sysprep and capture Windows 10 Fall Creators 1709

Basically Microsoft have pushed out their 1709 image without the Miracast app installed, to fix:

• Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from a working 1703 build into the C:\Windows directory on the 1709 machine
    • Restart and then run sysprep

Sysprep should then run successfully!

Josh

Josh Hackett, Oct 28, 2018
  4. JonW2016 Win User

Question about SYSPREP

Windows 10 Update breaks Sysprep?

I am attempting to image a Dell E7470 with Sysprep to upload to my WDS server.

When I run Sysprep /oobe / shutdown, it completes. However, without Generalize, I won't be able to upload it or deploy it.

When I run Sysprep /oobe /generalize / shutdown, it reports that a fatal error has occurred. The setupact.log lists that the Miracastview app cannot be removed.

I have attempted the Remove-appxpackage commands, but it states that it has been provisioned for the user but not all users. It says to attempt removal with Add / Remove Windows features, but it is not listed there.

I have tried the steps in

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...w-cause-sysprep-error-windows-10-version-1709

but none of this has worked either.

I guess the answer is to not run any Windows updates before Sysprep and avoid 1709? It appears to be bad news.

Anybody else encounter this? Any other solutions available?

JonW2016, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Question about SYSPREP

1. Question about SYSPREP - Similar Threads - Question SYSPREP

2. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  3. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  4. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  6. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  7. User profile moving with Sysprep questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile moving with Sysprep questions: I previously did a clean install of Windows 7 & moved the User profile along with ProgramData (and manually installed programs to the same drive for those that allowed it & I felt wouldn't benefit from being on a SATA SSD). I notice that the method for doing this in Windows...
  8. Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image

Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image: Hello everyone, So I just found out about the software, Sysprep, which is used to create a generalized Windows image for deployment on multiple computers. I'd like to do this but the problem is with the third-party software I want to incorporate into the image. I desire...
  9. questions about sysprep

questions about sysprep: I am trying to work out how to sysprep a machine before taking an image with dism and I'm running into a few questions. - when I setup this image I did not use audit mode. I thought I could work around this by setting in the unattend.xml to copy the customizations of local...
  10. Sysprep and Audit Mode questions

Sysprep and Audit Mode questions: I'm noticing some stuff when running sysprep on an image: - I uninstalled OneDrive in Audit Mode, but after generalization it comes right back? Any way to keep it uninstalled? - Windows Updates seemingly gets undone after going to OOBE, and some drivers got reverted as...