Windows 10: Question about system disc

Discus and support Question about system disc in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just finished downloading the new Macrium version, and am confused as what to do about my third partition (recovery partition ?) and why it is so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by smalltown, Oct 14, 2020.

1. smalltown Win User

Question about system disc

Just finished downloading the new Macrium version, and am confused as what to do about my third partition (recovery partition ?) and why it is so large, and what I should do about it. I keep as much as I can on my H drive.

Version 2004 OS Build 19041.572

Question about system disc [​IMG]

:)

smalltown, Oct 14, 2020

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 14, 2020
  3. System Repair Disc

Hi folks
    Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. (Note to Try3.....yes I did mean a System Repair Disc.)
    I have decided on a USB repair and I'm just curious about the approximate size of the repair disc. Just let me know and then I will mark the thread closed and solved.

Bob Hennessy, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Question about system disc

Can I make a Rescue disc and use it to restore my system on the new drive?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to recovery disc?
    In order to create a recovery disk I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press
      Enter.
    • Select the option to “create a recovery drive” and click on
      “yes”.
    • If you want to “backup system files to the recovery drive” check the
      box and click on “next” button.
    • Then follow the on screen instructions and check.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Question about system disc

1. Question about system disc - Similar Threads - Question system disc

2. Question about the correctness of the system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question about the correctness of the system: Greetings. I have 32 gigabytes of RAM. I ran a full scan from Microsoft Defender which took about 25 minutes, after scanning I noticed that I have 2.5gb paged pool, 1gb non-paged-pool. At the same time all the remaining RAM was cached. Is this normal?...
  3. Question about the correctness of the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the correctness of the system: Greetings. I have 32 gigabytes of RAM. I ran a full scan from Microsoft Defender which took about 25 minutes, after scanning I noticed that I have 2.5gb paged pool, 1gb non-paged-pool. At the same time all the remaining RAM was cached. Is this normal?...
  4. Question about the correctness of the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disc question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disc question: I got the disc and nothing else but I heard usb disc readers work, so if they do can you link me to a good quality one tor $20-30. Thanks submitted by /u/DANKER--THINGS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kt167s/disc_question/
  6. Question about system restore and regedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about system restore and regedit: So, I have a few question about system restore and regedit, when I restore from previous restore point, they will remove all program installed after the created point right? But for example, they restore everything from the partition or only C\windows C\program files? The...
  7. Question about Privacy and Performance of System

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Privacy and Performance of System: how to stop people from seeing what im doing on line and how to speed up my computer all for free please [Original Title: PLEASE HELP] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-privacy-and-performance-of-system/f7232860-6d5f-4cc5-a447-7f2b28bdded3
  8. Question about the System process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the System process: I see a lot people talking about memory leaks with this, mine never goes that high except when I game it'll jump up higher than the game itself sometimes. Just curious is this the case for everyone? 15019
  9. Question About Create System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question About Create System Image: If you create a system image using Create System Image in Backup and Restore and save it to an internal hard drive in an enclosure connected via usb, can you just use that as a replacement hard drive and just replace your current hard drive and use the one the System Image is...
  10. question about a system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    question about a system image: I have a asus laptop i couldnt get my printer to work. well it came down to i have been infected with some very bad trojans and virus. they couldn have fixed it for 109 bucks but i dont have that kind of money. I have system Image on a external hdd. If i put that on my laptop...