Windows 10: Question about System File Checker SFC and Deployment Image Servicing Management DISM on...

Discus and support Question about System File Checker SFC and Deployment Image Servicing Management DISM on... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a question about System File Checker SFC and Deployment Image Servicing Management DISM on Windows 10. I have recently wiped my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LordoftheSith327, May 24, 2020.

1. Question about System File Checker SFC and Deployment Image Servicing Management DISM on...

Hi,

I have a question about System File Checker SFC and Deployment Image Servicing Management DISM on Windows 10. I have recently wiped my computer clean which included securely erasing both of my internal hard drive discs HDDs and solid state drive SSD and reinstalling Windows 10 to start fresh. I used SFC and DISM to check the condition of Windows 10 along with Windows Defender, Performance Monitor, and HDDScan a program used to inspect the hardware conditions of my SSD and HDDs before reinstalling my software. My question is does SFC and DISM only check the condition of Windows 10 operating system files or does it also scan other third party software such as Steam, Trend Micro Anti-virus, and Nvidia GeForce Experience?

On a secondary topic, I used Windows 10's built-in Error Checking tool to inspect the condition of my external hard drive. It did not detect any errors. Does that error checking tool in any way or form change or corrupt any of my files stored on the external hard drive?

Thanks.

:)

LordoftheSith327, May 24, 2020
  2. InFerno83 Win User

System File Checker sfc - Deployment Image Servicing and Management Dism

After I rest win 10 64x; I want make sure if my OS is system healthy

I run

1- Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

2- sfc /scannow

3- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

4- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:E:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

5- sfc /scannow

and I'm still receiving [Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them]

InFerno83, May 24, 2020
  3. System File Checker sfc - Deployment Image Servicing and Management Dism

I had this issue as well was unable to fix via dism or sfc so I dreadingly did a full format reinstall using factory image assuming it would solve my errors. Wrong. I stumbled on this thread yesterday and fixed my problems. Wish I found this before reinstalling
    hopefully it works for you.

Solve “SFC unable to fix corrupt files” problem in Windows 10

Ismael Aguilar_868, May 24, 2020
  4. Question about System File Checker SFC and Deployment Image Servicing Management DISM on...

What is Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool?

Hi,

What is Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool? I never heard of this tool. I ran this after running sfc /scannow, which showed corrupted files. Then, running sfc /scannow again cleared the corrupted files.

Is there a list of repair tools available from Microsoft?

Thank you,

Joe

jdelaney77, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Question about System File Checker SFC and Deployment Image Servicing Management DISM on...

1. Question about System File Checker SFC and Deployment Image Servicing Management DISM on... - Similar Threads - Question System File

2. Dism / Imaging question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dism / Imaging question: Hello,Personally been a fun year so far, heart surgery, but on the job side I'm FINALLY somewhere where I'm loved and I love the people I'm with, plus I'm learning a crapton of stuff!Ok, a lot of that has delved into dism / imaging and powershell scripting. It really has been...
  3. Dism / Imaging question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dism / Imaging question: Hello,Personally been a fun year so far, heart surgery, but on the job side I'm FINALLY somewhere where I'm loved and I love the people I'm with, plus I'm learning a crapton of stuff!Ok, a lot of that has delved into dism / imaging and powershell scripting. It really has been...
  4. Dism / Imaging question

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Error: [img] After Updating and cleaning the system I ran Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool and it reported an error. Log file attached. What should I do to correct the error? Log file attached. 167738
  6. Question about running system file checker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about running system file checker: For Windows 8 and later, Microsoft recommends restoring image health before running system file checker. The elevated command prompt syntax for restoring image health is: dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and the system file checker syntax is: sfc /scannow My...
  7. What is Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool?: Hi, What is Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool? I never heard of this tool. I ran this after running sfc /scannow, which showed corrupted files. Then, running sfc /scannow again cleared the corrupted files. Is there a list of repair tools available from...
  8. Question About Create System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question About Create System Image: If you create a system image using Create System Image in Backup and Restore and save it to an internal hard drive in an enclosure connected via usb, can you just use that as a replacement hard drive and just replace your current hard drive and use the one the System Image is...
  9. question about a system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    question about a system image: I have a asus laptop i couldnt get my printer to work. well it came down to i have been infected with some very bad trojans and virus. they couldn have fixed it for 109 bucks but i dont have that kind of money. I have system Image on a external hdd. If i put that on my laptop...
  10. Question about sfc /scannow...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Question about sfc /scannow...: I'm having some irreparable results in sfc /scannow. I know this is a long shot in the dark but I thought it is worth asking. My question here is...is it possible that windows registry and system files have duplicates and thus sfc /scannow returns them in the results...