Windows 10: Question about system restore and regedit

Discus and support Question about system restore and regedit in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I have a few question about system restore and regedit, when I restore from previous restore point, they will remove all program installed after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TLukas123, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Question about system restore and regedit

So, I have a few question about system restore and regedit, when I restore from previous restore point, they will remove all program installed after the created point right? But for example, they restore everything from the partition or only C\windows C\program files? The system restore, also restore the regedit? (I don't know the correctly name in English)

And about regedit, what happens if I install any program and then restore the regedit? The program will create news keys or will just stop working?

Btw: is there any progem if I made a post about windows activation through CMD? (I don't want to talk about piracy, just a really question about the command)

submitted by /u/TLukas123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TLukas123, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Nov 8, 2020
  3. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Question about system restore and regedit

Cannot perform a system restore

Hi Cecil,

For us to better assist you with the issue on system restore, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you've performed System restore? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Question about system restore and regedit

1. Question about system restore and regedit - Similar Threads - Question system restore

2. A question about system image restore and restore point.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about system image restore and restore point.: Hi, I'm planning to do those registry changes to make the boot animation go from spinning dots to that ring. So, I want to make a restore point and also create a system image in case anything happens and my system won't boot up. So, do I need to keep the system image on a...
  3. A question about system image restore and restore point.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about system image restore and restore point.: Hi, I'm planning to do those registry changes to make the boot animation go from spinning dots to that ring. So, I want to make a restore point and also create a system image in case anything happens and my system won't boot up. So, do I need to keep the system image on a...
  4. System Restore Question About Browser Favorites & Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Question About Browser Favorites & Bookmarks: I am considering doing a System Restore to a date in late October as last couple days HP Pavillion is running slow. Very specific question - if I restore to a 10/21/21 restore point, will that restore Bookmarks and Favorites on the browsers I use? I primarily use MS Edge, but...
  5. System Restore Question About Browser Favorites & Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Question About Browser Favorites & Bookmarks: I am considering doing a System Restore to a date in late October as last couple days HP Pavillion is running slow. Very specific question - if I restore to a 10/21/21 restore point, will that restore Bookmarks and Favorites on the browsers I use? I primarily use MS Edge, but...
  6. System Restore Question About Browser Favorites & Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. regedit question

in Windows 10 Customization
    regedit question: I had issues with Adobe and my Microsoft 365 programs about a year ago and someone pointed me to how to delete something in the registry. But I cannot find my question which I may not have asked Microsoft and when I just Bing regedit I get a ton of responses. This...
  8. Question about full restore

Question about full restore: I bought a new computer my previous one was quite old so I'm a bit behind the technology but the computer didn't come with a full restore DVD or CD. How do I do a full restore on my computer if a hacker manages to get through my firewall software? Do I ask for a copy from the...
  9. Question about Windows 10 registry/regedit

Question about Windows 10 registry/regedit: I recently combined a registry file, what will happen if i combine it one more time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-windows-10-registryregedit/ad7352da-e5d3-4082-bb19-47e9226d396c
  10. Questions about System Restore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Questions about System Restore in Windows 10: Hi all - Just some quick questions about System Restore in Windows 10... 1) Why isn't System Restore enabled by default? 2) When enabled, what is the creation frequency of System Restore points by default? 3) How much space does each Restore Point consume, on average? 4) If...